PDA

View Full Version : its a big holiday boating weekend and I am not on the water whining thred :mad:

04OUTBACK
09-02-2012, 03:36 PM
So this is the official I wish i was on the water thread!

I havent been out since Moomba/Supra TX Jam in Aug 12. Having withdrawals.. wont be out for a while... SO... here is the official Whining/B*+CH Thread.

WHo's with me..? (it doesnt count if you are one of those who chooses not to go out on holiday weekends because its too busy :-)

jmvotto
09-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Sorry Brad, but up here it was nuts, 10 15 yr old girls on the tube and other Wally's all over...

The twins and a friend did some riding along the north shore wher it was flat, but still waaaaayyyy to many boats..

Good ole dad got o drive and listen to teenage music on the exile system... ;) and drain the boat of gas, and no riding here either.

04OUTBACK
09-02-2012, 04:01 PM
yuuup! Right on brother.. Sing the blues..

jpetty3023
09-02-2012, 05:58 PM
First holiday I have had to work in 6 years. Lots of stuff going on at work and there is no way out of working. Tired of 1 silly man who has so much control over so many lives. For all my brothers who are able to hit it this weekend, stay safe..have fun..and drink a cold one for those of us who are "stuck"

Sent from my home phone..

sandm
09-02-2012, 06:20 PM
just got back from vegas so no water time here YET...

going out tomorrow morning with a couple and supposed to meet up with Jeff from Soulcraft Surfboards. Hoping to try out a few new boards and finally surf his centurion..

just had to make ya all jealous... :)

jpetty3023
09-02-2012, 06:49 PM
That's just mean sandm

Sent from my home phone..

jmb
09-02-2012, 09:07 PM
School is in tomorrow here in Alabama. I love it. will be less people tomorrow

jester
09-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I have to say the big weekends are times I really do not want to be on the water. Have to work tomorrow and today I spent it on the water with the coast guard. Simple high lights of the day a person almost lost their crew off the swim deck at the dock (just hit the power without looking around), a person run their boat up onto the dock, a person almost ran us over because they were not watching, a person almost ran their person over as they are putting the boat on the trailer (Yes a person was standing in the water at the end of the trailer), so many other things.

Best thing we came across was a sail boat was towing a PWC under sail back to the dock. They were not making that much progress so we took over the tow.

rdlangston13
09-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I am supposed to be in Key West, FL right now with my fiance and her family but Isaac backed up crew change last week so I am still offshore. I get off the rig in the morning, drive home, then fly out to Key West on tuesday to catch the last three days of vacation. Also had to drop 120 bucks to change my flight! I hate you Isaac!

wolfeman131
09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
That sucks David. Make the most of your time there.

saskyrider
09-03-2012, 03:03 AM
haven't been out since the august long weekend here... super busy with a job change and now harvest is in full swing... we just got onto my land tonight and the crop is really good... i'm thinking i'll be able to go to teh bank on tuesday and pay off my boat!! and i have a week off in between my old job ending and new one starting so here's hoping the wind goes down sometime this week and i can get out!! i'll bet it's more fun when the boats paid for!!!!:D

patrick232
09-03-2012, 06:25 AM
I took friday for breakfast club on Buckeye Lake, then switched over to Griggs for some surfing. Since the weekend was taken over by soccer. Both kids had 2 games each on Saturday and 1 each on Sunday. The oldest went 3 & 0, the youngest went 1 & 2. We are up and off to the semi finals for the oldest. Game is at 8:15 am about an hour twenty from the house.

WaterBullDawg1980
09-03-2012, 10:33 AM
haven't been out since the august long weekend here... super busy with a job change and now harvest is in full swing... we just got onto my land tonight and the crop is really good... i'm thinking i'll be able to go to teh bank on tuesday and pay off my boat!! and i have a week off in between my old job ending and new one starting so here's hoping the wind goes down sometime this week and i can get out!! i'll bet it's more fun when the boats paid for!!!!:D

That's awesome! I do not finance much but when I do one of the best feelings in the world is paying it off early.

What kind of farming do you do??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

moombadaze
09-03-2012, 06:07 PM
had today off but being boatless makes it hard to get out, altho I did have offers to. Figure this is the time to get stuff done around the house so when I am a boat owner again I can get out.

WaterBullDawg1980
09-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I feel you Daze. I am doing some house work that really needed to be done. I live on 3 acres and we had a huge tree die and fall across my driveway that had to be cut and then the logs moved to the woods. Big pain in the rear. Took forever. Today it has been raining all day so I am not doing a thing other than getting a jump start on a new work project in between a few naps. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zabooda
09-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Did some skiing and camping but the Army Corps of Engineers campsites across the country are closing tomorrow so there will a few less opportunities to camp in September.

sybrmike
09-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Only been out once since the Jam myself. Was in Austin all weekend for kiddo's soccer tournament. Glad we didn't haul the boat - traveled over the 360 bridge & boats stacked up as far as you could see either direction on Lake Austin. No thanks. All the lakes should empty out now that Labor Day is done & summer's over :D

jmb
09-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Managed to get out today before the storms started. Had a few good runs on the Wakeboard. Got back just in time as it rained an inch and a half in about 45 minutes.

04OUTBACK
09-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Only dreamed and wished.

39 hour summer. Hope it doesn't end there.

kaneboats
09-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Went out on Sat. with friends who brought their big ole 4 person waverunner. He pulled tubes all day and I pulled kneeboarders, wakeboarders, surfers. A perfect 91 degrees with 80 degree water. I was scared when I pulled into the basin parking lot and saw tons of truck and trailers plus tents set up near the boat ramp. But it was just a small bass fishing tourney going on. So, they were all out there spread out and sitting still. There was almost no traffic and hardly anybody at the beach we hit for lunch about 10 miles up river. My oldest who is my driver had to work (too bad) so my wife drove for me and did a great job for boarding and surfing. Plus we had the friends who were about out of gas throw the waverunner back on the trailer and hop in before we went surfing. So, we had a real nice surf wave and taught a couple kids how to surf. Still no 360 for me but sure had fun trying.
Sun. washed cars and truck and grilled out. Mon. went to cookout/pool party while all the idiots were on the water. Had a great weekend and I'm sure we picked the best of the 3 days with perfect weather and no traffic to speak of. Also got to enjoy the new swivel seat. It really made the day more enjoyable.