PDA

View Full Version : Mojo vs LSV

alw041
08-31-2012, 09:43 PM
My wife and I are tring to decide between a Moomba Mojo, LSV, and Axis A22 for our next boat. We plan on putting in a custom order around the beginning of the year. I have built an identically optioned Mojo and LSV and there is about a 4k difference in prices. Which isn't big enough to be a deciding factor for me. Any insight between the two boats would be great. Also if we are putting in a custom order, should we expect to pay full MSRP + taxes and fees or should there be some negotiating room?

Also, is the V2 tower worth it?

jmvotto
08-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Traditional Bow vs spork bow. The boat shows gives good incentives in. Your area. Prices can be negotiated below msrp

V2 tower is unfortunately discontinued, but yes it was worth it.

Wolfey will chime in here soon.

wolfeman131
08-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Are you aware the LSV is redesigned for the 2013 model year? There is a thread dedicated to the new design which includes much more freeboard and has been "Mojoized" with many of the interior design & details from that boat. Also, for 2013, the V2 is no longer an option.

I think it will be tough choice between the LSV and Mojo and I think once you sit in either, you'll forget the Axis. If you like to surf, don't even waste your time looking at the Axis. The LSV will be 1 ft shorter and have a traditional bow while the Mojo has the modified pickle fork. I LOVE my Mojo, but sure am glad the redesigned LSV didn't come out at the same time.

wolfeman131
08-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Was that soon enough, JV?

alw041
08-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I would love to sit in them, but my local dealer has been sold out of Moombas and A22s over a month ago and I didnt get a chance to sit in them. Does anyone know when the next boat show is coming near the Shreveport, LA area? I know they usually have one in Dallas, TX, but I couldn't find any info on it. What kind of incentives will they throw at you at the boat shows? We mostly wakeboard, but my wife slaloms. We also are thinking about getting into surfing if that matters on which boat.

jmvotto
08-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Was that soon enough, JV?

Yep right on the money.....

wolfeman131
08-31-2012, 10:01 PM
If you want to keep her happy, get the LSV. Skiers Choice hasn't posted the 2013 boat show incentives, but in the past they have been worth thousands of dollars and the dealers also offer incentives/discounts at the shows.

Google is your friend: http://www.dallasmarketcenter.com/public/

Dallas boat show is Feb 1-3 and 8-10

alw041
08-31-2012, 10:06 PM
You're awesome wolfman. I swear I tried to look up boatshows on google, but I got a bunch of fishing and sailing ones.

alw041
08-31-2012, 10:15 PM
What are the must have options and what the the options worth skipping?

wolfeman131
08-31-2012, 10:17 PM
You can skip the heater. Otherwise, order it ALL or you will always be pissed you didn't when you read somebody else's post that says how awesome that option is to have.

alw041
08-31-2012, 10:24 PM
I would like to keep it 60k or under out the door.

wolfeman131
08-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Call Dallas Ski Boats at 972.436.7979 or Diamond Lakes in Hot Springs, AR at 501.760.7100. Both usually have a good inventory of boats and solid knowledge. I think both are around 3 hrs from Shreveport.

Options are all about needs and wants.

wolfeman131
08-31-2012, 10:30 PM
I would like to keep it 60k or under out the door.

Should be able to do that with either boat if you play it right at the boat show. You may have to skip the fancy wheels, extra lights and laser cut on the trailer and a few little things on the boat, but you won't miss them.

alw041
08-31-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm not too concerned about the trailer options. I am mostly interested in the boat features.

wolfeman131
08-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Ah, but THAT is exactly where you can save $$.

For 2013, both boats come with a 330hp motor standard and digital cruise pro standard. Both of these will work great and work great for the majority of folks. Our family surfs a lot, so we went with the 345hp motor. Some folks like the chrome decals (me) some think the standard graphics look better. Most on here will tell you to save $$ and do your own stereo upgrades.

So, what do I think are must haves?

Bimini top
Cover - there are benefits to the snap & mooring. Gotta decide for yourself.
Swing away trailer tongue
Dual axle trailer - standard on Mojo, option on LSV. Again there are benefits to a single, too.
Depth guage
Bow speakers - avoid having to cut holes yourself when you upgrade

alw041
08-31-2012, 11:07 PM
I meant I wasn't concerned with a fancy trailer. I probably won't add anything to it except the spare tire and swing away tongue. Does carpet come with it if you don't get the snap in with the logo?

alw041
08-31-2012, 11:12 PM
The 345hp motor about 2k to upgrade. Was it worth it? I plan only to occasionally surf, but I know that I eventally want a lot of ballast in the boat.

C.Hern5972
08-31-2012, 11:18 PM
Choices, Choices...
We just bought our Mojo... Storage everywhere, enough room for our crew and then some, solid boat. Can't say anything negative. I did have the bow speakers put in, Bimini, upgraded trailer, snap in logo carpet, duel batteries, perko, on board charger, transom remote, 1100 pound bags on each side of motor, plus a 450 pound sack up the middle over the 500 pound tank.. We are doing our own stereo system to save a little bit( not much tho )

It will have the standard grey carpet if opt for no logo..we looked at Moomba, supreme, Malibu... I've known our local dealer here for yrs and he made it right for us. I say get the mojo and never look back.

alw041
08-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Is the standard grey carpet still snap in?

C.Hern5972
08-31-2012, 11:37 PM
No. I don't believe so. It's an option.. I think it is the best option available

wolfeman131
08-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Is the standard grey carpet still snap in?

Yes! In both the LSV & Mojo, the snap in carpet is STANDARD.

You can upgrade to the uber-cool "Moomba" logo carpet. I did.

For me, the 345hp was worth every penny.

rdlangston13
08-31-2012, 11:52 PM
Yes! In both the LSV & Mojo, the snap in carpet is STANDARD.

You can upgrade to the uber-cool "Moomba" logo carpet. I did.

For me, the 345hp was worth every penny.

drew, whats the benefit to the 345hp motor over the 330hp for surfing? seems to me the benefit would be wakeboarding HEAVILY loaded with ballast.

wolfeman131
09-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Nope. It was designed with surfing in mind but works great for any activity.

Here are some of the outstanding features of the Assault 345:

•Air–Oil Separator - to prevent oil induction into the PCV - normal motors dump this extra oil back into the engine causing excessive oil burn, and potential longer term engine issues.
•Oversized 7 Quart oil pan with Baffling - This keeps the motor lubricated, even when it is titlted at extreme angles.
•Precision CNC machined billet aluminum pulleys provide greater tolerances and superior performance
•Serpentine belt - to grip better, and last longer.
•Water lines, cylinder head gaskets, fuel injector tips and the fuel rail are all made out of stainless steel - to provide an additional layer of protection against corrosion
•Top mount starters - help keep the starter out away from water in the bilge.
•High-flow cylinder head with straighter intake ports and a higher compression ratio- to deliver impressive horsepower.
•Roller valve lifters- for reduced friction and improved performance
•95 Amp Alternator - to power all of the "Extras" on today's performance boats.

kaneboats
09-01-2012, 12:33 AM
I'd also suggest you look at overall weight and length, etc. If you trailer 40 min. each way and store in a garage it could make a big difference. If you store on a lift all summer, maybe not so much. Ride and drive both the LSV and the Mojo. It should be a hard choice. But, that's a good thing!

moombadaze
09-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Nope. It was designed with surfing in mind but works great for any activity.

Here are some of the outstanding features of the Assault 345:

•Air–Oil Separator - to prevent oil induction into the PCV - normal motors dump this extra oil back into the engine causing excessive oil burn, and potential longer term engine issues.
•Oversized 7 Quart oil pan with Baffling - This keeps the motor lubricated, even when it is titlted at extreme angles.
•Precision CNC machined billet aluminum pulleys provide greater tolerances and superior performance
•Serpentine belt - to grip better, and last longer.
•Water lines, cylinder head gaskets, fuel injector tips and the fuel rail are all made out of stainless steel - to provide an additional layer of protection against corrosion
•Top mount starters - help keep the starter out away from water in the bilge.
•High-flow cylinder head with straighter intake ports and a higher compression ratio- to deliver impressive horsepower.
•Roller valve lifters- for reduced friction and improved performance
•95 Amp Alternator - to power all of the "Extras" on today's performance boats.

you forgot one

It just sounds badass on the water

wolfeman131
09-01-2012, 08:07 AM
you forgot one

It just sounds badass on the water

You, Sir are absolutely correct.

jmvotto
09-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Plus one on the surf motor here too.

C.Hern5972
09-01-2012, 09:21 AM
That would be a tough choice as the new 13 LSV is a beautiful boat with lots of new options. We opted for the mojo because it was what we wanted. A full walk thru bow, storage, handled great, plenty of room for everyone. We had the xlv inmins until we demo'd the mojo. Where are youlocated? You are more than welcome to jump on and check ours out if interested. It is a tough decision ...

moombadaze
09-01-2012, 01:55 PM
This choice could come down to loacation of storage. The Mojo will be harder to garage unless you have a nonstandard garage height. the LSV is supposed to fit. For me that's what made my decision, Mojo wont fit, LSV fits the garage.

alw041
09-01-2012, 02:00 PM
We will probably put it in storage during the off season, but it will stay in the area behind our townhouse for about 3-4 months out of the year. Under the car port if it will fit with the tower folded.

alw041
09-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Also, do you think that 10k will be enough for a down payment?

C.Hern5972
09-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I say 10k own is a great down payment. With interest rates low right now, it will be good. We put a pretty good chunk down as well and it was nice to do so. With 60k being your price and 10k down you should be set. Are you doing stereo system? Upgrades? Where are you looking to purchase?

alw041
09-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Our local dealer is Bayou Outdoor Supercenter in Bossier City, LA. I have heard negative things about their wait time on fixing boats, but it is all from people that didn't buy locally. So, I couldn't find feedback about their customer service from people that bought from them. I will get the basic stereo and bow speakers from the factory, but I think I am going to go the aftermarket route for a system. The upgrades I was looking at were 345hp engine, Audio package B, Transom Remote, Mooring Cover, Bimini Top, Depth Finder, Swivel Racks, Hull Upgrade, Spare Tire, Swing Away Tongue, Dual Battery, Surf + Platform, Bow Filler Cushion, Non-Skid Package, Pop-up cleats, SS Rubrails, Prop.

Is there anything I am missing that is a must, or are there some uprades I should skip?

C.Hern5972
09-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Sounds like you have it planned out. I opted for 2 bow speakers in the mojo and stereo with amp and transom remote. 6 speakers t\otal. I am having someone local do my system. Didnt want or need to bow filler, Hull Upgrade???(whats that)
345 is a good idea, non skid package? Is that the bow of the mojo where they have the non skid spatches. I opted to not get that and bought bad ass astro deck..They put it on anyway and i got it free. They wanted 245 for that and i can get decking for 60 and lay down the color i want. Still thinking of taking it off and putting my own on. Looks cooler..LOL

All in all it sounds like you have a great lay out... What color are you thinking?? Mojo??

alw041
09-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Hull Upgrade is the paint on the bottom of hull that is normally white. Yea, the non skid is on the bow and i think a couple other places. Anyone have that? I am leaning toward the mojo. On the paint job we are thinking:
Logo: Blurfx
Accent: Black
Main Color: Pacific
Hull Color(upgrade): Pacific

I wonder when they are going to put of the pricing and options for the 2013 LSV and Mojo so that I can get a more realistic price. Also, we will probably go check them out at a Dallas Boat show. But that is like 5 months away...

wolfeman131
09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Dealers have pricing now, we're just waiting for the website. BTW, I think the surf platform is standard in '13. I saw skip the skid package, especially I'd you're planning to put in a big sub as a large piece will get covered under the drivers helm.

DDNorCal
09-01-2012, 11:50 PM
It's a fairly big commitment. Both are great boats, but if you have any chance to ride behind both I'd do it. I had the opportunity to ride a Mojo recently and didn't think it was anything more special than the LSV. It's a personal preference. I surf goofy and with the cooler on that side, I couldn't get enough weight under the seats to make the wave right. Either way, get the surf engine and upgrade to a surf prop.

alw041
09-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm assuming that you can't test drive boats at a boat show. I don't think I'll get chance to ride on either one. Also, what prop is good for wakeboarding and surfing?

wolfeman131
09-02-2012, 01:00 AM
There are some shows held on the water. They do one here in Atlanta. But, I think a few folks have offered to give you a run in one. Take advantage of the offer(s).

In regards to props . . .

There is are about 2,000 threads on the forum about props. Most on here prefer ACME and like 1433 or 1847.

rdlangston13
09-02-2012, 03:20 AM
ah ha! so the surf engine is less about HP for surfing and more about maintaining proper engine lubrication at extreme list angles experienced while surfing

and apparently is sounds like a hot rod!

psisk1
09-02-2012, 07:58 AM
We love our Mojo. It has the 345 and i have the gravity 3 ballast system and upgraded to an 1100lb bag i switch from side to side in the rear lockers and fill the hard bow tank. I think this makes a very nice wake. We mostly love the room inside the mojo. That is what sold us.

jmvotto
09-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Prop 1235 on the 12 xlv, it's a real beast.

14 people in the boat plus ballast , no issues getting it moving, didn't mis a beat.

C.Hern5972
09-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I need to look at my prop. We had 8 plus loaded ice chest and gear and had no issues getting on plane or surfing

moombadaze
09-02-2012, 03:06 PM
and apparently is sounds like a hot rod!

I'd compare the standard 330hp to a old school muscle car small block, the 345hp would then be the old school mucle car big block. Has a nice deep rumble to it thats very noticable to me.

alw041
09-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Is there much of a performance difference in the +15hp or is mostly an engine that can handle more extreme use?

mnpracing
09-02-2012, 08:45 PM
This choice could come down to loacation of storage. The Mojo will be harder to garage unless you have a nonstandard garage height. the LSV is supposed to fit. For me that's what made my decision, Mojo wont fit, LSV fits the garage.

Seriously, a Mojo with the tower down won't fit a 7 ft garage? My understanding is that the tower folds forward and the highest point when folded is the windshield. Is that correct? If so, I can't believe the Mojo sits higher than a Tige Z3 (which will fit a 7ft door on a boatmate trailer with 14" wheels).

wolfeman131
09-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Is there much of a performance difference in the +15hp or is mostly an engine that can handle more extreme use?

Just get the 345 so you never get that "wish I would've" feeling later.

wolfeman131
09-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Seriously, a Mojo with the tower down won't fit a 7 ft garage?

Haven't tried it, but my guess is that it would based on how tall it was when standing beside it in the driveway.

rdlangston13
09-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Just get the 345 so you never get that "wish I would've" feeling later.

in that case just get the 409 or 420, whatever it is

wolfeman131
09-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Naw, you only get that one if you're showing off. :)

jmvotto
09-03-2012, 08:17 AM
in that case just get the 409 or 420, whatever it is

Or if you want to flush an extra 8k....

C.Hern5972
09-03-2012, 08:32 AM
id like to ride in one with the 345 upgrade.

moombadaze
09-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Naw, you only get that one if you're showing off. :)

or compensating:cool:

Riddle2.5
05-20-2014, 01:20 AM
Seriously, a Mojo with the tower down won't fit a 7 ft garage? My understanding is that the tower folds forward and the highest point when folded is the windshield. Is that correct? If so, I can't believe the Mojo sits higher than a Tige Z3 (which will fit a 7ft door on a boatmate trailer with 14" wheels).

I have this boat and it clears my 7ft door by about a half inch