PDA

View Full Version : Mooring Cover for 2008 LSV

EyeStealth
08-30-2012, 04:09 PM
We recently moved to Lake Norman and will be looking to move our boat from dry storage to a lift on our dock. I need to know where I can get a good mooring cover that will help protect and preserve some of the gelcoat. The boat will be on a slip but the slip does not have a cover nor do I envision building a slip cover. Cover needs to take into account the tower.

Thanks in advance.

motosno963
08-30-2012, 04:15 PM
i posted about a cover i found on ebay if you want to check it out..cover over the tower and has a zipper on the side..its really nice

rdlangston13
08-30-2012, 04:16 PM
evolution makes the baddest covers around

mmandley
08-30-2012, 04:23 PM
evolution makes the baddest covers around

They do but Even Cory at Evolution will tell you the cover isnt designed as a mooring cover or long tern outside cover. Its a towing and general purpose cover.

You might give him a call but its going to set you back 850 for a cover, plus the extra for over the tower and im not sure if he has the measurments for that.

ryan_8099
08-30-2012, 04:43 PM
We recently moved to Lake Norman and will be looking to move our boat from dry storage to a lift on our dock. I need to know where I can get a good mooring cover that will help protect and preserve some of the gelcoat. The boat will be on a slip but the slip does not have a cover nor do I envision building a slip cover. Cover needs to take into account the tower.

Thanks in advance.

We went the custom route since Evolution didn't have the measurements for ours. Might be worth calling your local dealership and get some recommendations. Our dealer had a shop that they used and since it was over winter the place just kept the boat until they were done. Gave us a few options: snaps (above/below rubrail) as well as more of a cinch style but it sure was pricey at ~$1000.

EyeStealth
08-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick response.

The place that I keep my boat does have a shop that will do custom covers. I figured if there was a source that was familiar with the Moomba, I might be able to save some $.

I don't need the cover to go over the tower, but want snaps, zippers or whatever to just account for the fact that the tower will be in the way.

I'll check out evolution.

mmandley
08-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick response.

The place that I keep my boat does have a shop that will do custom covers. I figured if there was a source that was familiar with the Moomba, I might be able to save some $.

I don't need the cover to go over the tower, but want snaps, zippers or whatever to just account for the fact that the tower will be in the way.

I'll check out evolution.

Please Mention you herd about Evolution from the Moomba Forums.

moombadaze
08-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Evolutions is one good tow rated cover, but it may not be your best bet for a mooring cover.