PDA

View Full Version : Lake Shelbyville IL

parrothd
08-29-2012, 02:00 PM
We're heading to Lake Shelbyville this weekend, seeing if anyone is planning to be there as well.. :)

This will be my first year there with a prop driven boat, last year we a hit a few trees/stumps with my jet boat, guess will need to be extra careful this time...

Brando86
08-29-2012, 03:20 PM
I'll be out there. Putting in at wolf creek saturday and will be coming off the water monday at some point. Where are you launching?

parrothd
08-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Still undecided...

Normally we launch at Wilborn Creek, but a few of our friends want to play sand volleyball so we may launch at wolf creekor closer to the dam and setup camp for the day near the dam since there's a court there. Really depends on how busy the lake is..

Still not sure where the "party" cover is, is that east of marker 5?

What area do you normally board in? We usually stay up north to avoid all the boaters...

Brando86
08-29-2012, 04:24 PM
We usually board right off of bo woods...pretty much between there and wilborn creek. If you put in at wilborn and go under the train trussle bridge and head right under the next long bridge, then hang a left following the lake...the party cove is there on the left with a big 5 marked on the shore. If you put in around wolf creek we could meet up and I could show you the cove...it is pretty packed usually when you get back into it.

Brando86
08-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Its looking to be a pretty crappy weekend with the hurricane tracking directly over central Illinois. I'll be out friday night(hopefully...as long as the rain isnt too bad), then again on Monday if it is terrible Saturday and Sunday. I guess this will probably help open the other local lakes at least

parrothd
08-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Its looking to be a pretty crappy weekend with the hurricane tracking directly over central Illinois. I'll be out friday night(hopefully...as long as the rain isnt too bad), then again on Monday if it is terrible Saturday and Sunday. I guess this will probably help open the other local lakes at least

Yep...weather sucks, hopefully it pass or stall...We're locked in with our reservations so we're going, maybe stuck in the cabin all weekend.. :(

Brando86
08-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Send me a PM with your number, i'll get in touch at some point this weekend if we get out there

jonze5
09-03-2014, 12:08 PM
We have been on Lake Shelbyville many years. Currently with our 2005 Mobius LS. If you haven't already been to Cove 5 then I will warn you that the lake can get very shallow near the approach.