PDA

View Full Version : mmandley's next ride?

wolfeman131
08-27-2012, 04:31 PM
So, what do you think we will see Mike mod'ing up and riding behind next season?

motosno963
08-27-2012, 04:37 PM
i would think he would stay in the SC company but switch it up to supra

bergermaister
08-27-2012, 04:41 PM
thought he already leaked that it's a 4 letter word...

New Guy
08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Tige with how much he surfs.

wolfeman131
08-27-2012, 04:54 PM
thought he already leaked that it's a 4 letter word...

it was on his wish list at one time, but I think he saw a few things in TX that he liked, too.

E4NASH
08-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Tige with how much he surfs.

^This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody
08-27-2012, 05:06 PM
I would think Ole' Blue would be his next ride... :D

ga-lsv05
08-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Centurion

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

mmandley
08-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Lol just saw this thread.

Ole Blue huh Cody lol I think ole blue is like a used boat with 600hrs

Tige is on my wish list just not sure I could swing it.
Centurion is a possibility but I hear the goofy wave isn't as nice as regular. Claudia won't like that
Supreme is a possibility as its got a serious rep for its surf ability

I really liked Brads Supra and that makes me keep Supra in my top 3. We will see what kind of deal Skiers Choice is willing to do. Ultimately I could deal with not having the best surf wave to stay in the SC family. Just not sure.

I got a couple leads of some serios surf machines at a nice.

jpetty3023
08-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Will be a Tige' but think he will give Sanger a look. Popular brand on the NW right?

Sent from my home phone..

rdlangston13
08-27-2012, 05:51 PM
if you leave SC you have to go Tige. Support the TX economy!

im not going to lie, if Tige made an R22 it would really get my attention!

mmandley
08-27-2012, 05:56 PM

No matter the boat I'd always call this place home. I'd still organize and host the NW Moomba jams. Too many friens and memories to leave.

Boonejeepin
08-27-2012, 06:13 PM
My $$$ is on Bayliner!

mmandley
08-27-2012, 06:54 PM
My $$$ is on Bayliner!

I'm revoking your x mas present.

Dave the RZ2 is 22ft

mnpracing
08-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Lol just saw this thread.

Tige is on my wish list just not sure I could swing it.
Centurion is a possibility but I hear the goofy wave isn't as nice as regular.

Tige Z3 and Enzo SV233 = essentially the same price at least they were at last year's boat show similarly equipped.

rdlangston13
08-27-2012, 07:18 PM

Dave the RZ2 is 22ft

yeah and it is also blinged out and super expensive. they need to make an R22 that is the same hull but minus all the bling, much like they do with the R20 and the RZR

Boonejeepin
08-27-2012, 07:22 PM

The deep v hull will throw a killer wave!

jmvotto
08-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Diggs 2012 supra 21v

mmandley
08-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Diggs 2012 supra 21v

Ahh ya NO!! Its already for sale adn i understand hes got a deposit for it.

I honeslty no matter what boat and how good a deal it was could ever buy a Diggs boat, simply due to the fact i live in the PNW and run into him, and lots of people we both know and im not going to be that guy with Diggs old boat.

Now if i lived anyplace else in the US i could do that but not in the same back yard

jester
08-27-2012, 08:43 PM

Does that mean I get his X Mas present?

Also are you waiting until Active gets their SUPRA 2013's in before you see if you like the surf gate or not?

bzubke1
08-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Did you get Brad's surf wake dialed in at the Jam?

mmandley
08-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Did you get Brad's surf wake dialed in at the Jam?

@Jester, yes i do want to see the SA model and wouldnt mind seeing the Surfgate in person but i have a feeling since its a first year thing it will be hard to deal a good price, and at 5K option thats pretty steep when your average Malibu is 70K already

@bzubke1 i rode his wave quite a bit, told him what i thought would make it a lot better but Brad likes his wave as is right now and hes got a lot on his plate right now so i dont think hes worried about making it more then it is right now. He surfs it just fine and i cant argue with that lol.

bzubke1
08-27-2012, 09:29 PM
I have tried a few things but havent got the wave dialed yet. Curious what your thoughs are seeing as you're the surf wave guru. I've got 750s in the back, a 650 in the ski locker, and two 400s and a triangle sac to move around. What would you reccomend as far as where I should place the extra bags for the best wave based on your experience on brad's boat?

wolfeman131
08-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Brandon, I'd strap one 400 on top of the surf side locker and throw the other on the surf side seat. Surf side 750 full, off side 1/2. Fill the 650 & triangle full. Any peeps on surf side, too.

Boonejeepin
08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Brandon, I'd strap one 400 on top of the surf side locker and throw the other on the surf side seat. Surf side 750 full, off side 1/2. Fill the 650 & triangle full. Any peeps on surf side, too.

How do you strap/tie the 400 on top of the locker down?

wolfeman131
08-27-2012, 10:18 PM
On Dusty's boat, we ran a rope from the cleat on the side, wrapped around the bag then to the sky pylon. Might be a pic of it in the TX Jam thread. Held in place all day Sat.

Pic found

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18852-Pictures-Moomba-Supra-Texas-Jam/page4

jpetty3023
08-27-2012, 10:42 PM

RZ2 brother

mmandley
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM

Exactly what I would do then run the boat up to 10.5 see how it looks and play with speed and wake plate till it looks decent. Then grab your favorite board get on the wave.

If you feel like your constantly on the front foot or always pulling yourself in with the rope then slow down .1 give it a few seconds or tweak the wake plate. If you feel like your always on the back foot speed up the oat a little and lower your wake plate slightly. This lengthes the wave as well as flattens it out.

The bigger your rider the more wake plate you need to add initial push on the front of your wave which will transition to him getting farther back.

Cody
08-27-2012, 11:36 PM
G23!!

Seriously, I think he goes with Supra!

wolfeman131
08-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Seems to me that he is a fan of these guys:

http://www.activeh2o.com/

wonder if this will influence his decision?

wolfeman131
08-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Mike,

You do know you can order the Centurion with a right rotation tranny that makes an awesome goofy wave? It throws a pretty good reg side wave, too.

beat taco
08-28-2012, 01:54 AM
Can you put a 23' boat in Hagg lake? Sorry couldn't resist.

Brianinpdx
08-28-2012, 04:38 AM
This here is a funny thread. Cody I died laughing with the Ole Blu post. I think this all comes down to money and finance. Some of these boats are hella expensive. If I where Mike, I'd be reaching out to SC right about now as he's a pretty vissable guy in the NW. From what I see at SC, this brand is ripe for the biggest changes in the next few years. Sure there are great boats, in other camps. My money says SC if the deal is right.

-Brian

04OUTBACK
08-28-2012, 07:48 AM
I would think Ole' Blue would be his next ride... :D

Yeah
Hate Deez 242 couldn't have many hours on it and mm did seem to like that wrapped in blue look

rdlangston13
08-28-2012, 09:40 AM
RZ2 brother

R20 is the bare bones 20 ft boat, same hull as the RZR just cheaper

R22 WOULD be the bare bones 22 ft boat, same hull at the RZ2 just cheaper.

No way I can afford an RZ2 and an R20 is too small

mmandley
08-28-2012, 09:46 AM
You guys are killing me, keep this up threw the winter and it will be a short off season.

Brain i think your on to something LOL. Of course i havnt counted out SC, ive always said i would love to stay with SC they have always done me right and that says a lot. I was just telling Claudia yesterday while washing her car of course lol, i would give up a little wave quality to stay with SC if the deal is straight. I really want to keep promoting the brand that i started with i just hope SC wants me to keep promoting for them.

Cody your pretty on top of things for being a new member LOL <i know its just a name change> LOL

Brad, i really didnt like the wrap but im not one to Hate on Deez things when at a party, that just leads to a big ole fight, and 1 i was too drunk to be fighting, and 2 id much rather read about Ole Blue exploites then mmandley throwing down LOl

sandm
08-28-2012, 10:01 AM
R20 is the bare bones 20 ft boat, same hull as the RZR just cheaper

R22 WOULD be the bare bones 22 ft boat, same hull at the RZ2 just cheaper.

No way I can afford an RZ2 and an R20 is too small

your r22 was called the 22ve and it was just disco'ed. 2012 was last run. I tried to get a new one sprayed and was told no. too bad as it is the same hull as the rz2 and it was 20k less than a similar rz2. I would be surprised to see it comeback as they have the 23ft z3 and the 21ft z1 in a standard nose version. no sense in a 22ft. now you have crowded your own lineup just like mastercraft.

sandm
08-28-2012, 10:10 AM
so here's my take...

centurion - makes an incredible surf wave, but if you really crawl around them, for what they cost, the fit/finish is crap and I think mike will see that..
sanger - great rep on the west coast, but unknown most everywhere else and I'm betting mike will keep resale in mind and that will nix sanger.
mc/cc/'bu all outside his target price for the size of battleship he wants.
mb - never mentioned, but betting he will shy away.
moomba - been there, done that.

and now for the top three that I see him shopping(with a little bit of insider info :) :
tige - only boat I see him in is the z3 and for what he wants to spend and to be in a low-to-no hours boat, I think they will be outside his price range.
supra - new model, surf wake is not real proven yet, and it's a first-year boat. he does have a good rep with aws and I'm sure they would try to keep him in a skiers product.
supreme - 226 is a solid surfboat and would fit all of mike's needs. price is right in his ballpark.

I see it if he ups his budget, it's the z3 hands down, as it will be the top surfboat of the 3 shortlisters. if he stays on budget, then it will be a battle between skiers and supreme and who offers the best price/options and how much on a limb mike wants to go with a boat that is brand new and doesn't have a proven surf wake yet..

my .02

Boonejeepin
08-28-2012, 10:16 AM
I stick
By my prior statement.

Mike told me he wanted to tube more and was getting the Bayliner. Fuel economy is great!

Of course he will add a tower to hang the exiles from and have a non removable wakeboard in the rack for cool factor.

Seriously-I can't wait for the deals to go down. I may be able to catch a wave on an awesome surf boat without having to buy one.

rca
08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I stick
By my prior statement.

Mike told me he wanted to tube more and was getting the Bayliner. Fuel economy is great!

Of course he will add a tower to hang the exiles from and have a non removable wakeboard in the rack for cool factor.

Seriously-I can't wait for the deals to go down. I may be able to catch a wave on an awesome surf boat without having to buy one.

I just blew a cheerio through my nose on this one! Not sure what was funnier though, the thought of Mike tubing or the non removable wakeboard, lol.

Good stuff.

ga-lsv05
08-28-2012, 10:57 AM
What is the price range on the z3 just out of curiosity

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

sandm
08-28-2012, 11:06 AM
the blue demo boat that our dealer here has was in the boat show. fully loaded with wetsounds/poseidon mat/shower/heater and the 409 motor had a retail of 105iirc, but was listed in the mid90's-thought I remembered 93k. the 20's on the trailer were sweet :) just guessing stripped with 343 engine would be somewhere in the high 70's new at the end of the season.

if he goes that way, hope he opted for the 9ft garage door. it's a beast on a trailer.

following bonejeepin's suggestion, perhaps mike did get that fatty raise at work and we'll see this....

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/734924.jpg

he can go doubles since he's regular and claudia's goofy..

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/734926.jpg

mnpracing
08-28-2012, 11:16 AM
if he goes that way, hope he opted for the 9ft garage door. it's a beast on a trailer.

With tower down, it fits in a 7ft door i believe.

04OUTBACK
08-28-2012, 11:40 AM
I say PAVATI aluminum wake boat.. made in the PNW and he'll be pro staffing for them...

sandm
08-28-2012, 11:59 AM
With tower down, it fits in a 7ft door i believe.

Z3 absolutely will not fit a 7 ft door. 22ve in a smaller trailer, smaller boat and 14"wheelsclears 7ft door by 1 inch.
8 ft will be pushin it.

rdlangston13
08-28-2012, 12:08 PM
your r22 was called the 22ve and it was just disco'ed. 2012 was last run. I tried to get a new one sprayed and was told no. too bad as it is the same hull as the rz2 and it was 20k less than a similar rz2. I would be surprised to see it comeback as they have the 23ft z3 and the 21ft z1 in a standard nose version. no sense in a 22ft. now you have crowded your own lineup just like mastercraft.

the 22ve was a traditional nose while the RZ2 is a pickle fork, don't see how they are the same hull

mmandley
08-28-2012, 12:12 PM
I got the 8ft door LOL but i got an RV pad too LOL

rdlangston13
08-28-2012, 12:17 PM
and now for the top three that I see him shopping(with a little bit of insider info :) :
tige - only boat I see him in is the z3 and for what he wants to spend and to be in a low-to-no hours boat, I think they will be outside his price range.
supra - new model, surf wake is not real proven yet, and it's a first-year boat. he does have a good rep with aws and I'm sure they would try to keep him in a skiers product.
supreme - 226 is a solid surfboat and would fit all of mike's needs. price is right in his ballpark.

I see it if he ups his budget, it's the z3 hands down, as it will be the top surfboat of the 3 shortlisters. if he stays on budget, then it will be a battle between skiers and supreme and who offers the best price/options and how much on a limb mike wants to go with a boat that is brand new and doesn't have a proven surf wake yet..

my .02

I can't see the Z3 being more expensive than an SA. Similarly equipped i think the SA will be more or even with a Z3 even after AWS tries to make him deals

MLA
08-28-2012, 12:50 PM
the 22ve was a traditional nose while the RZ2 is a pickle fork, don't see how they are the same hull

The Tige RZ2/4 has the same wetted/running surface as the 22/24Ve. Both boats have almost identical standard features and available options. The main difference between the two was the pickle fork bow of the RZ. The Ve, which was introduced in for their 06 model year, was the Tige flagship and was not a stripped down, entry-level counterpart to the RZ, which was released for the 07 model year.

Same gel-coat, same hill construction, same carpet and vinyl. Same engine options, stereo and tower options. One of the few differences was that the RZ only came with a fiberglass swim and the Ve had both teak and fiberglass as your choices. Both produce very similar surf wakes. Both produce a similar wake-board wake up to a certain amount of ballast. The more ballast that's placed in the RZ, the more the pickle plows. This will begin to effect the wake-board wake.

wolfeman131
08-28-2012, 12:57 PM
the Ve had both teak and fiberglass as your choices.

ohhhhh, that would haev made a certain somebody that used to frequent these boards very happy!

mnpracing
08-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Z3 absolutely will not fit a 7 ft door. 22ve in a smaller trailer, smaller boat and 14"wheelsclears 7ft door by 1 inch.
8 ft will be pushin it.

yup, the Z3 and RZ2 fit a 7ft door (with 14" wheels on the trailer).
Source: Tige rep and also the local dealer

sandm
08-28-2012, 01:53 PM
mla summed it up nicely, but as the lineup and sales have dictated, the rz2 became pricier due to demand and everyone wanting the picklefork where the 22ve stayed somewhat stagnant. dealer here has rz loaded up same as the ve and price difference to start was 18k different. I would guess that the ending price if you were working deals on both boats would have been 10k extra for the rz2, but it's more that no one wanted the ve anymore.

only time and the market you are in will tell the story of the price difference on the sa and z3. if I were a gambler, I would bet that the sa will be 5-8k cheaper than a similar z3 when comparing like boats/like engines and like trailers. not to say that's good or bad.

the interesting thing will be where the sa lands. I've seen shots of it's wakeboard wake but not any "real world" shots of the surf wave from someone other than dealer that loads it up to it's potential. the z3 and 226 are already proven. I hope that the first few sa's are sold to people that are hardcore about surfing/boarding and show us what the boats are capable of :)

one thing I know for sure tho.... crocks slip on teak where they don't on a nice cushy seadek pad :)

sandm
08-28-2012, 02:00 PM
yup, the Z3 and RZ2 fit a 7ft door (with 14" wheels on the trailer).
Source: Tige rep and also the local dealer

make sure and drive it home before you sign the check. I measured them at the dealer 4 times and know how tight my 22ve is on my 6ft11 door(measured from concrete to the lowest part of the door frame). the highest point on the tower(the forward facing lights) rub the vinyl seal around the garage door with someone in the boat holding the tower down on the seat(yes, I have 1/4" clearance going into the garage). if you don't hold it down, it doesn't go. didn't measure the z3 but it has a taller freeboard so logic would say it won't fit.

of course this all depends on the trailer you order. I see tiges on many different types of trailers. out here, it's all metacraft from utah. I'm sure you can get a trailer built to go into any garage door.

rdlangston13
08-28-2012, 02:36 PM
well in any case the 22ve would not fit my needs because I want a pickle fork model for the next boat.

I just think Tige should make a R22 just like they have an R20. A value version of the RZ2 for us poor folks who can't dish out 80k+ for a boat. I don't consider the 22ve a viable replacement for the RZ2 do to completely different shaped bows. However I hate how Tige places the cup holders on the floor of the cabin. I want an RZ2 hull, with cup holders in the same spot that they are in in my LSV and rear locker size similar to what I have on the LSV. It also needs to have a playpen bow like the Supra Launch series and no touch screen display. Toggle switches will do. The tower from the RZ2 will work because the tower from the R20 is kind of ugly and throw down some Seadek through out for flooring.

sandm
08-28-2012, 04:56 PM
sounds like you want an mb :)

jester
08-28-2012, 05:24 PM

Who does not want a MB. It is were you can show your true lazyness and press a button to have the engine hatch open.

sandm
08-28-2012, 05:42 PM
don't remember seeing that option on the boat I demo'ed.

they are just thinking ahead. rather than waste the arm strength to open the hatch, it enables you to run one more set :)

that would be one option that would NOT make the short list I must say..

rdlangston13
08-28-2012, 06:03 PM

I hate the MB tower and pickle fork. i also prefer my subwoofer under the helm instead of behind the driver and the sundecks are way to small. also not a fan of the extreme V hull. my primary focus is wake board wake. i surf like twice a year

sandm
08-28-2012, 07:21 PM
axis or mojo then.

pickle fork, great looking towers, similarly priced and from what I have seen, both are great wakeboats. edge to the mojo tho as the axis is a crappy surfboat so those 2 outings a year where you surf will be enjoyable :)

beat taco
08-28-2012, 07:26 PM
You guys are all wrong and it will never fit in his garage. I was sworn to secrecy but he ordered a new '13 X-Star. Everyone on here who lives within 50 miles of him is selling their boats and just riding with Mike.

MLA
08-28-2012, 07:28 PM
I hate the MB tower and pickle fork. i also prefer my subwoofer under the helm instead of behind the driver and the sundecks are way to small. also not a fan of the extreme V hull. my primary focus is wake board wake. i surf like twice a year

MB seems to be very flexible when building a boat. I dont see why one couldn't get the sub left off. If were a dealer, I would probably order all my MBs less the sub and add them per the customer. Do the OEM infinite-baffle 10 if someone wanted basic or all out custom for those wanting more.

I have only seen some pics of the wake-board off the V, but the surf wake is killer with an 1100 Lb sac on top of the factory in-floor 1200.

rdlangston13
08-28-2012, 07:59 PM
axis or mojo then.

pickle fork, great looking towers, similarly priced and from what I have seen, both are great wakeboats. edge to the mojo tho as the axis is a crappy surfboat so those 2 outings a year where you surf will be enjoyable :)

still can't get into the mojo, maybe i just need to ride in one and i dont like the pickle fork on the axis. tige is the only front end pickle fork that i really like the looks of. I guess I am just to hard please

RickT
08-28-2012, 10:02 PM
So....what do we got to do to keep you in the SC family??? I am ready to call in a few westcoast favors....

Rick

mmandley
08-28-2012, 11:00 PM
So....what do we got to do to keep you in the SC family??? I am ready to call in a few westcoast favors....

Rick

Hi Rick,

I had a lengthy conversation with Shane today about the SA350. I'm going to be at the Polar Beer Surf Event in Cali in Oct and I think I will be driving the Mojo to help Shane out and he's going to try and bring an SA up to the event. I can say right now I'm looking to sell my boat but im not ready to leave the SC family. You guys have always been good to us and that goes a long way friend.

I'll be in touch.

Mike

sandm
08-28-2012, 11:01 PM
wow mike, a personal invite. don't see many of those....

I agree on the picklefork front on the tige. I don't mind the mb and mojo but not my fav. mb will let you order a boat w/o sub if you like, but most boats are shipping with them. it is a pretty stupid location. the downside to the gate valves are that you are now in it some coin to plumb and wire a ballast system unlike other brands where you just plug/play a new ballast bag. they do have a good wake, but it's not as easy as other setups.
after playing with it for a while, the combo of hard tanks and bags from the factory is the way to go. bury some weight under and allow the customer an easy choice of swapping larger bags as needed. best of both worlds as long as the hard tanks are in the hull and not simply an add-on in the rear locker like some boats.

RickT
08-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Mike,

Will do. Sounds like Shane is on top of it. Let us know what we can do to help!

Thank you for trying to keep it in the family, :)

Rick

jpetty3023
08-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Rick T for PREZ

wolfeman131
08-29-2012, 12:12 PM
He already is the Prez of SC!

jpetty3023
08-29-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm talking for the USA wolfey

mmandley
08-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Mike,

Will do. Sounds like Shane is on top of it. Let us know what we can do to help!

Thank you for trying to keep it in the family, :)

Rick

Sent Shane an email this morning with a couple of options and ideas, hope he gets with you, or i can send you a copy direct.

I really appreciate your concern and willingness to help. This is one of the exact reasons i would stay with the SC family, hard to beat personal touches.

wolfeman131
08-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Hell, if its a "personal touch" you want we can send Dusty out your way.

Canuckle Head
08-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Has anyone seen the surf wake on an SA350 and do they have hard tanks, sacks or a combination of both?

bergermaister
08-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Doesn't give you the in boat perspective but...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/supraboats/7770405120/in/set-72157630763643976/

mmandley
08-29-2012, 01:35 PM
@ Wolfman, haha IDK if i need Dusty giving me the personal touch.

WOW even Rick T voted me to a Supra..hummm...

The Supra SA has built in Hard tanks with an additional option to have a plug and play Bag system on top of the rear hard tanks. It also has a Factory IBS option as well.

As for the Surf wave, i dont think anyone has actually seen a real one other then the pro photos, and i can say give me a weekend with that boat and i can make a clean looking wave.

From what me and Shane spoke about the SA is looking to break into the Surf market in a Supra form but as of right now the Mojo is said to be the best factory Surf wave boat from SC.

Like i said before i could give up a little surf wave quality to stay with a SC but i can also say it would have to be a an SA350 possibly a 450 at 7k but i just cant swallow the price of a 550 option seeing how its 18K just for the engine upgrade.

Shane said the 350 is more then enough as a primary surf engine and your average wakeboarder but the 450 would be better for running heavy weight for the wakeboarders that want a pro size wave.

IDK what will become of the mmandley's next boat time will tell. I kave a couple good ideas what it would be but at this exact point its not in my control.

jester
08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
IDK what will become of the mmandley's next boat time will tell. I kave a couple good ideas what it would be but at this exact point its not in my control.

It is always under your control. You just might not like how it ends. If you drop your sell price by 15K I bet the boat would be gone by the end of next week. Then you could get any boat out there. It just depends if your willing to let it sit in the driveway since you cannot pay for the gas and you will need to pick up top roman from Costco since you will need to eat that for your three meals a day.

See options. Just not a good ending. But on a plus side you will never be on the way home from work thinking of what you want to make for dinner since you will know it will be top Roman.

mmandley
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
I kinda meant my boat options LOL.

I have actually had 2 offers on my boat already, 1 within 2 hours of the add and another yesterday

jester
08-29-2012, 03:55 PM
hahah got it. I bet if you want an option Rick would work with you on it.

Also your and your crew are always welcome to come down and spend some time on my boat when you are without one. I can never match your surf wake but it would get you out on the water.

rdlangston13
08-29-2012, 04:28 PM
It is always under your control. You just might not like how it ends. If you drop your sell price by 15K I bet the boat would be gone by the end of next week. Then you could get any boat out there. It just depends if your willing to let it sit in the driveway since you cannot pay for the gas and you will need to pick up top roman from Costco since you will need to eat that for your three meals a day.

See options. Just not a good ending. But on a plus side you will never be on the way home from work thinking of what you want to make for dinner since you will know it will be top Roman.

you know if i cut going out to eat out and start eat top ramen and swapped beer for water i could a afford G23! hhaha

Canuckle Head
08-29-2012, 06:47 PM
I like the look of the SA's a lot and The fit and finish is top notch. What bugs me is that for a 22.5' boat it is only rated for 10 people with a weight capacity of 1400lbs... Why is that? To compare the 'bu MXZ seats 15 with a weight capacity of 2100 lbs. Supreme V226 seats 14 and MB F21 or B52 (21') both have seating for 15.

My Outback V is rated for 10 people and it's one of the reasons I am considering to upgrade cause it's just too small when friends and familly show up.v Plus I am tired of having a ginormous 750 lb sack in the seating area every time we want to surf. Great boat otherwise.

mmandley
08-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Canuckle Head, i was wondering the same thing and i have a feeling its because of the Hard tanks plus all the factory ballast it will come with. Being the facotry they have to consider the law a lot more closly then we do when we drop a couple K in ballast in a boat.

Canuckle Head
08-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Please call me Wade. Check the specs on the boats mentioned in my previous post and you'll be suprised that they offer more ballast as well. I am in no way trying to bash Supra and I think they make sick boats but at the price point.....

I guess the truth will come out in the test drive(s). Good luck in choosing your next boat Mike! I wish I had your problem! Maybe next year.........

mmandley
08-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Wade,

I hear ya man on the people, thats only my assumption, next time i talk to Shane ill ask him why its listed, maybe clear that question up.

Looking for a boat is a good and bad thing, theres so many out there and the prices really range, seriously im looking for a boat that i wont need to sell for a long time, i really dont like looking for a new boat, its stressfull and the waiting game is always a killer LOL.

rdlangston13
08-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Maybe Rick T could chime in on the off capacity rating of the SA series

jester
08-29-2012, 08:00 PM
you know if i cut going out to eat out and start eat top ramen and swapped beer for water i could a afford G23! hhaha

wohwohwohwohwoh Wait one second I did not say anything about giving up beer. You have to be able to buy beer since you need something other then water to cook the top roman in.

RickT
08-29-2012, 08:43 PM
This year all our capacities assume full ballast, thus the numbers change

moombadaze
08-29-2012, 08:53 PM
looking for a new boat, its stressfull and the waiting game is always a killer LOL.

well said Mike.

wolfeman131
08-29-2012, 10:32 PM
This year all our capacities assume full ballast, thus the numbers change

It's a rather simple equation, if I'm not mistaken. Although I don't know it exactly, I believe the NMMA way of determining capacity is gross weight of boat, less ballast, divided by avg weight of a person (I think they use something like 145 lbs?). So, a MB which is not NMMA certified can list 28 peeps if it wants and why many boats with tiny hard tanks list 16 people.

At the end of the day, I think you have to sit in the boat and check out the seating arrangement to envision how your crew will fit in the boat.

wolfeman131
08-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Has anyone seen the surf wake on an SA350 and do they have hard tanks, sacks or a combination of both?

I found some on my gopro from the dealer meeting that I'm trying to upload now. Will post ASAP, but I can say that what I saw was quite impressive!

jmvotto
08-29-2012, 10:42 PM
well said Mike.I thought it was fun, started convo on hole six, boat was ordered by hole 16. Easy peasy.

wolfeman131
08-29-2012, 10:43 PM
I thought it was fun, started convo on hole six, boat was ordered by hole 16. Easy peasy.

Yep. Can't hide big money.

jmvotto
08-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Yep. Can't hide big money. if that was the case it would have been a loaded 242....

wolfeman131
08-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Mike & Wade,

Here is a very short vid I took at the dealer meeting from a SA450 with only 4 people on board. I believe we only had the hard tanks filled on this boat so just imagine what it will do with bags & IBS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHjXmmVUb8&feature=plcp

mmandley
08-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Mike & Wade,

Here is a very short vid I took at the dealer meeting from a SA450 with only 4 people on board. I believe we only had the hard tanks filled on this boat so just imagine what it will do with bags & IBS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHjXmmVUb8&feature=plcp

Ohh yea let me sac that girl out and she will be throwing twice that wave LOL. Shane said hes trying to bring his SA which might be that one in the video, his is blue and grey if i recall, up to Portland to check it out, other wise in Oct i should be able to check it out and a Mojo at the same time.

kaneboats
08-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Wow! Looks like it has the potential to throw a very looooooooong wave. Love to see some vid of it sacked out right.

jmvotto
08-30-2012, 09:49 AM
and you were holding out of this video why?

mmandley
08-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Wow! Looks like it has the potential to throw a very looooooooong wave. Love to see some vid of it sacked out right.

You can bet is i get my hands on an SA to try out im sacing her out deep. Make her ride dirty because i want to see what she can really do. From the looks of that wave, it needs more rear weight as the pocket is long but theres no slope to carve up and down. Throw another 500 in the rear, 600 up front and i bet she throws every bit as big of wave as mine is and longer im sure.

This is why the 22ft boats surf so well.

If you look at the surfing pics they have the Supra site you can also see the Nose of the boat doesnt rise up out of the water, so your getting the whole V hull into the water and wave, this is one of the major factors of getting the long pocket, this is why everyone agrees nose weight is a MUST.

volfo
08-30-2012, 04:35 PM
At end of day, I'm assuming your choice will come down to what dealer is reasonable in talking with you and offering you a deal that makes sense. You might start talking now because trading in your boat could be a realistic option. In some states, you only pay sales tax on the difference, so you might save a couple thousand in taxes by trading your boat in. I've also found that some dealers don't seem to want a trade and others do and you just never know. Hopefully you have a good SC dealer nearby so that you can compare the Mojo against all others in its price range and also see what shelling out a few grand extra might buy you to see if it's worth it. Lots of good boats IMO and while Moomba definitely offers a ton of bang for the buck, which boat offers the most value can change real quick depending on how eager a dealer is to sell. Most new boats have a lot of mark-up. If that boat invoicing website is to be believed, there isn't a ton of difference in the invoice price of a new moomba and a similar size new supra once you add the options to the moomba to get them similarly equipped to what a Supra comes standard with. Now whether you could get a SC dealer to sell you a Supra with a similar markup as he makes on a Moomba, I don't know. Also, maybe those numbers aren't accurate. It's hard to tell on boats, but I do know that some dealers start so high it's a nonstarter and others are easier to work with and one that was easy to work with won my business.

wolfeman131
08-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Also, maybe those numbers aren't accurate.

I would say this is correct. At the ATL boat show this year, a Mojo @ 22.5 ft was some $15k less than a 21 ft Supra. Granted the Moomba did not have the Vision system, and other cool factors, but otherwise they were similarly equipped.

Canuckle Head
08-30-2012, 09:14 PM
There is no sales tax in Oregon. One of my favorite places to shop!

mmandley
09-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Fierah just SOLD. SO now the Next Boat is Real Serious.

motosno963
09-28-2012, 05:05 PM
wait...you sold the boat?

mmandley
09-28-2012, 05:16 PM

Yup i posted in my Classified sale add.

Canuckle Head
09-28-2012, 06:13 PM
So how did you like the SA? I saw on FB that you were going down to the test drive to check it out last week.

motosno963
09-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Yup i posted in my Classified sale add.looks like i will be holding out..maybe ill buy dustys haha..im not a red fan tho.. only if it was blue id buy it..sorry dusty haha

mmandley
09-28-2012, 07:34 PM
So how did you like the SA? I saw on FB that you were going down to the test drive to check it out last week.

I really like the lines and options it comes with. I will post a report on Tuesday with pics after i get to ride behind it.

jpetty3023
09-28-2012, 11:32 PM

Indeed he did sir. We all said it wouldn't take long. You snooze you looze sir

sent from my home phone