PDA

View Full Version : Indmar and Boater's Insurance Agency, Inc.

brianengy
08-22-2012, 10:29 AM
They have a promo right now that if you choose Boater's Insurance Agency, Inc. for insurance you get an additional 2 years warranty on the indmar motor.

Anyone else using them to insure their boats? I'm a state farm person but would like the additional warranty. We just picked up a LSV 2012 with the 345 engine.

mnpracing
08-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Where do you / are you going to be boating in MN?

brianengy
08-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Up on Gull lake by Brainerd.

mnpracing
08-22-2012, 10:44 AM
cool, did you get it through Nissawa Marine? Post up some pics of the new ride. Welcome to the forums.

lewisb13
08-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Im getting mine throught them on my 2013 LSV. Its ridiculously cheap. I think I was quoted like 536 for the whole year for a brand new boat.

wolfeman131
08-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Anyone else using them to insure their boats?

Yes, I went this route with the new Mojo. The cost was slightly higher than what I was paying thru Traveler's but the coverage limits were better and I just the feeling that they would handle claims better as they understood what can happen on the water. I also thought the extra $$ was easy piece of mind for the extended warranty, too.

E4NASH
08-22-2012, 11:12 AM
I was offered this as well but I declined. It was considerably more than what I'm paying through State Farm and the coverage was not as good as what I have already. I usually don't purchase extended warranties....I used to get them on everything but then realized I was never using them. I look at them as sucker purchases...counting on ones fear of the "what if" to funnel in a few extra dollars with the sale. Kinda like the credit card company offering loss of income protection for $30 a month or the lawn care company calling to add special grass treatment...well, if you were doing the great job I'm paying you to do then I shouldn't need to add special grass treatment. Just my opinion and in no way do I think all those suckers that fall for that are suckers... :D

Now watch something happen now that I said that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianengy
08-22-2012, 11:24 AM
cool, did you get it through Nissawa Marine? Post up some pics of the new ride. Welcome to the forums.

Yup, got it through Nisswa Marine. Here's the new ride.

wolfeman131
08-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Not sure we're talking the same program E. This program was offered on new boats, purchased thru the dealer and I think 2012 was the start of the program.

E4NASH
08-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Not sure we're talking the same program E. This program was offered on new boats, purchased thru the dealer and I think 2012 was the start of the program.

Yeah it's the same...it's transferable to the second owner. The previous owner had it and he, the dealer, and the agency offered to transfer it over to me. So it is somewhat reassuring if you are buying a year old boat and the previous owner had it. Nevertheless I still declined...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rca
08-22-2012, 11:54 AM
I got it on my 2011. Of course I just bought it this summer.

tarheelskier
08-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Yes, I got it. Quote was just slightly higher than my coverage with Allstate, so went for it for the extra 2 years of engine warranty.

mparker2997
08-22-2012, 09:48 PM
I got it but I am second guessing now. I only paid for the first quarter and may change. After doing the math, it's going to cost me about $1000 extra over a 5 year period. That's a lot of gas money!

Salyers
08-23-2012, 08:07 AM
I went with the extra 2years through boaters. I see it like this... your putting bascially a modified car engine in a marine enviroment and also loading about 1500-3500 extra pounds into the boat with gear, ballast, and people. Maybe more if you surf with full ballast and boat load of people. Something is bound to go wrong eventually even with meticulous maintance. High performance engine + High stress on motor is no bueno!

I have nationwide and the quote was only 50$ more a year. So over 5 years I pay an extra 250$ and have peace of mind. I see it as a no brainer. With labor costs at a min of 100$/hr (some much higher) and parts costs included I really don't see this as a bad idea. If something goes wrong in year 5 I am out of pocket 500$ for deductable and 250$ for the extra on insurance.

tarheelskier
08-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Same for me, I think it was about $50 more than my current Allstate coverage, so $250 over the life was worth it for me.

brain_rinse
08-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the forum! Nisswa Marine is a great dealer and you got a sweet boat.