PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat and Sac on DD

tgoody14
08-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Hopefully someone here has run into this same problem and has the cure for me. I have an 04 outback dd with factory Bertha ballast and factory +/- 400lb sac under the rear seat. When I lift the rear seat up to the sun deck position there is about a half inch gap on both sides where it rests on the arm cushions and is strapped to the floor, which is fine when stepping down or laying across the back it supports just fine. BUT if the seat slides to one side (usually while wakesurfing/boogie boarding) giving the other side that full inch it sometimes falls onto the already full sac, causing someone a party foul haha
My question is, has anybody tried to reinforce/brace that rear seat in the sun deck position to keep this from happening!?
And if I were to upgrade to a 750 sac could that possibly fit snug enough under the seat to help with this problem!?
Thanks in Advance guys!

E4NASH
08-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Are you really boogie boarding behind your boat? I would LOVE to see a vid of that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tgoody14
08-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Haha yea it's a lot of fun! Gotta use the rope to help keep you in front of the wave or it will suck you back since your legs are dragging! Only down side is I lost my shorts on the last trip, thank god I caught em around my ankles!!! Talk about "Caught with your pants down!" lol I'll see if I can get a video up

Ironcross25
08-22-2012, 03:57 PM
I havent had mine fall on my 05. I have a little gap on each side but not enough for it to fall if it moved. Then again I rarely drive with in in sun deck unless I have a few people and my fat seat is full.