PDA

View Full Version : What's up Ian Ashton?

wolfeman131
08-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Why you posting over on fb before here? Spill it, man!

jmvotto
08-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Not his color, if it was blue maybe, but green. Nope not his. But who's ?

moombadaze
08-20-2012, 07:47 AM
was wondering the same thing myself

was that his jeep too?

wolfeman131
08-20-2012, 07:57 AM
I think that is his Jeep, but yeah he hit me back on fb, and while that was a 2013 LSV, it isn't his. Boy had me going for a minute thinking he'd lost his ever-loving DD mind!

ian ashton
08-20-2012, 04:45 PM
LOL, Yep it was my Jeep. A buddy of mine took delivery of a 2013 LSV on Wednesday and keeps it on the lake across the street from ours, so I went over on Sunday and picked them up to bring it to our lake (the party lake) for the day. I figured it would get a rise out of you guys!

Also, last year I almost traded in my '08 to order a '12 Outback in Black and Green, lol.

I've read so much bitching about the LSV hull being terrible for beginners or at low speeds, but I rode behind this boat with no weight at 19mph and from 70' all the way to 80' the wake is clean and firm but not too aggressive at all. People are dumb. I was actually surprised at the slalom wake; at 28-29mph and full length rope it didn't look too bad - I didn't ski it, but my buddies GF did with ease.

The infamous facebook picture behind my Jeep;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15826&d=1345495403

This was on the Moomba facebook also from Club Royale, which is where the boat was purchased;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15825&d=1345495400o

From mine to his;
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15827&d=1345495406

I think we might just be adding some Exile love to it over the winter as well.

kanakry
08-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Is that Sylvan/Otter Lake?

ian ashton
08-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Close! The picture of the boat from the side is Elizabeth, and the one with him behind my boat is Cass.

kanakry
08-20-2012, 05:04 PM
I've never been on Cass or Elizebeth except in a Piper Cub seaplane.

I live on Cedar Island Lake.

ian ashton
08-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Nice! I keep my boat on Cass, and his is on Elizabeth. I actually looked a few properties on Cedar Island, but nothing ever came of the purchase. Unless we head to Northern Michigan most of our summer time is spent on Cass. I'll drag to other lakes if something is going on, like Pontiac for Quake on the Lake. We will do a little 'tour' in the spring and fall before the marinas open just to check out the other lakes as well.

All these local Moomba owners, we might have to actually arrange an owners gathering!

Cass is a fun lake, nice and big. Gets hectic on the weekends, but always something to do.

04OUTBACK
08-20-2012, 05:47 PM
beautiful boat.. but that bimini storage position would irritate me to death. I am getting spoiled to my z5... by my 06 LSV bimini tucked just under the tower and was out of the way. the new bimini on the new S Bend towers is actually kinda cool.. growing on me..

moombadaze
08-20-2012, 07:10 PM
that bimini storage position would irritate me to death. ..

thats not the normal storage postion

ian ashton
08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
beautiful boat.. but that bimini storage position would irritate me to death. I am getting spoiled to my z5... by my 06 LSV bimini tucked just under the tower and was out of the way. the new bimini on the new S Bend towers is actually kinda cool.. growing on me..

It actually folds forward and ties to the tower for storage so it basically disappears. I have no idea why the dealer had it like that in the picture.

Brianinpdx
08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Ian - if you dont have Alligator Gar in your lakes/rivers I might be dropping by for your lake party. Then again, come to think about it, you guys probably got PIKE in them lakes.

-Brian

brain_rinse
08-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I've read so much bitching about the LSV hull being terrible for beginners or at low speeds, but I rode behind this boat with no weight at 19mph and from 70' all the way to 80' the wake is clean and firm but not too aggressive at all. People are dumb. I've never heard this complaint but agree with your assessment. The lsv hull is top notch by almost every standard.

rdlangston13
08-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Ian - if you dont have Alligator Gar in your lakes/rivers I might be dropping by for your lake party. Then again, come to think about it, you guys probably got PIKE in them lakes.

-Brian

What's wrong with our alligators and alligator gars??

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
08-21-2012, 08:21 AM
I've read so much bitching about the LSV hull being terrible for beginners or at low speeds, but I rode behind this boat with no weight at 19mph and from 70' all the way to 80' the wake is clean and firm but not too aggressive at all. People are dumb. I was actually surprised at the slalom wake; at 28-29mph and full length rope it didn't look too bad - I didn't ski it, but my buddies GF did with ease.

I think it is the xlv people have been saying is not good for beginners

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

ian ashton
08-21-2012, 11:32 AM

-Brian

We definitely don't have gators. I see people fishing all the time but I've never been nibble'd on. You are more than welcome to come up any time!