PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota owners winterization/service

jeffandkaren
08-18-2012, 07:53 PM
From what I can tell from the website Forest Lake is getting out of the moomba supra business and Midwest Water sports is opening a Moomba dealer in Victoria. Any scoop on this or any good place to get a boat winterized in the twin cities??

c.rix
08-18-2012, 08:36 PM
your garage ??? :D any of the inboard dealers would be able to do the service for you Midwest Mastercraft or MN inboards would be my choice being they run Inmar motors in bu's and crafts

mnpracing
08-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Midwest Watersports is owned by the same as Midwest Mastercraft. Kinda weird walking into a Mastercraft dealer and seeing a new Moomba and Supra. In my experience, Midwest Mastercraft has been great to deal with, so I'm assuming for now that the same would be expected of their new Moomba/Supra store.

kaneboats
08-19-2012, 08:18 AM
OMG. Did you use the nasty "W" word already????

jeffandkaren
08-19-2012, 10:25 AM
You guys store your boats anywhere or just at home? We have too many boats for the garage at our cabin and I thought about just finding storage in the cities this year. Hate to bring this ugly topic up in August, but once the kids hit school it's hard to get out much !

wolfeman131
08-20-2012, 12:04 AM
I store mine in a storage unit in the off season.

You should have come out to the 10,000 Lakes Wakesurf Open this weekend @ Long Lake.

WaterBullDawg1980
08-20-2012, 02:51 AM
You guys store your boats anywhere or just at home? We have too many boats for the garage at our cabin and I thought about just finding storage in the cities this year. Hate to bring this ugly topic up in August, but once the kids hit school it's hard to get out much !

Store mine in covered storage during the year buy off season it sits in the garage just fine. I can't put it with the swim platform still on and still park my wife's SUV beside it. I'm kinda forced too though BC my cover has tips in it at water seeps in where they were repaired. I cringe about just the thought of her sleeping outside.

To the original poster, do you have a space at the cabin to put up a portable shelter over a boat or two? Must be nice to have multiple boats!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KSmith
08-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Mine usually gets double covered and has to spend her winter in the driveway. My driveway is wicked steep up to the garage area where it levels out a bit, and then to get into the garage takes a 90 degree turn as it is a side entrance. I have never been able to get this boat jack knifed into the garage, there isn't really enough room at the top. I did install a receiver on the front of my Jeep so I may try and get her into the garage this year.

My old boat I could manhandle around to get the transom facing the garage and then had a 12V winch I could connect to hooks I'd installed in the garage concrete to pull it into the garage. This boat & trailer weigh too much for me to be able to do that, not only get it moved around but my driveay also slopes away from the garage door so it's all uphill and if she were to get away from me it'd be a 150 feet of runaway boat barelling down the driveway, across the street, and into the neighbors house...

supremedevice
08-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Midwest MasterCraft used to be Midwest Watersports from what i remember about 15 years ago. Now they are resurecting the name for the new place. I have always felt they are great people all around, I'd feel very confident winterizing there.

ga-lsv05
08-20-2012, 10:17 AM
I store mine in the driveway as well. I put several of those moisture absorbing bags throughout the cockpit. I don't have a full cover just snap on bow and cockpit. Save the money and winterize it yourself

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

WaterBullDawg1980
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
I store mine in the driveway as well. I put several of those moisture absorbing bags throughout the cockpit. I don't have a full cover just snap on bow and cockpit. Save the money and winterize it yourself

I do something similar. I put plastic cups of kitty litter all through the boat in the winter. Keeps it dry and smelling fresh in my garage.

Clean it with vinegar to kill smells, some 303, nice wax and finally spread that kitty litter around. Then your ready to sit in the cockpit in your garage and sip cold ones while listening to tunes. :thumbup:

ga-lsv05
08-21-2012, 08:01 AM
I do something similar. I put plastic cups of kitty litter all through the boat in the winter. Keeps it dry and smelling fresh in my garage.

Clean it with vinegar to kill smells, some 303, nice wax and finally spread that kitty litter around. Then your ready to sit in the cockpit in your garage and sip cold ones while listening to tunes. :thumbup:

I approve this message :thumbup:

snowboardcorey
08-23-2012, 06:38 PM
JeffandKaren,

We are working on getting our new Supra/Moomba store up and running in Victoria MN. Once this is accomplished (soft opening is tomorrow 8/24/2012) sales for Supra and Moomba will run from the Victoria location while the Crystal location will focus on MasterCraft. Our policy is that both stores will service all three brands as well as all other brands of inboard boats (sorry no I/O's, outboards or jets drives) so you can pick the location that is most convenient for you. Our techs are schooled in both Indmar and Ilmor engines and we stock parts for PCM and limited Mercruisers.

If you stop by the Crystal location please look me up, I am excited to earn your business and I look forward to bringing our services to the Supra and Moomba owners!

Sincerely,

Corey

https://www.midwestwatersports.com/ Victoria Location

https://www.waterskis.com/ Crystal Location

snowboardcorey
08-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Crew,

We are still working on getting the service side open (likely will be the 2013 before it's fully operational) but sales is open. In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact the Crystal location for parts/service/etc. 15945

jeffandkaren
09-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Just got it winterized at Midwest Mastercraft, very friendly top notch service department. They did a great job, I'm sure I'll be back!!!

snowboardcorey
10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
jeffandkaren,

Thanks much for the opportunity to service your boat! The countdown to ice out is on!!!