PDA

View Full Version : Adding 3rd/4th board racks

helix_rider
07-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey All,

Finally recovered enough from my concussion to get out on the water again, now I wear a helmet, and although I do look like a tool, I feel like a champ :)

I am going to be boarding with a crew once school gets going again, and that means 6-8 boards in the boat. What have you guys done for the 3rd and 4th board racks? (I have an Mobius LSV)

I figure put them on the lowest crossbar (with the Moomba engraved in it), but that may interfere with both vision and the rope getting caught after a rider falls. I don't know if the higher crossbar would work, it probably is too close to the middle crossbar, and I don't know if it's wide enough to even work properly.

Thoughts?

Loren

jburnside
07-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Loren,
Are you set on using the factory type racks that mount to the oval crossbars? If you are open to other types of racks look at the Monster Tower racks that can be mounted to a single round piece of tubing on your tower. A really nice feature of these racks is that the rack can be removed from it's mounting base by hand (just like a bicycle rim quick release). Then when you dont have that many boards on the boat you can just leave the unnecessary racks at home. Just a thought. Good luck.