PDA

View Full Version : Digital Crusie Question

KSmith
08-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Okay, so I installed my new Digital Cruise module. It works great for speed control, ease of use, and shows the water temp. All cool.

There are readouts on the display for percentage of full for the 3 ballast bags. I have the GIII ballast. I can perform a Lake Calibration on each pump, shows me the rpm of each during a fill and drain.

Now the question. How do you get the percentage of full values to display? I can run my pumps but the display values never change.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kraig

wolfeman131
08-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Might have to go to SC for this one.

And, you might not get good news as you are probably trying to link a 2012 DCP with a 2010 GIII system and I think the electronics at the pumps was changed/updated.

I hope I'm wrong about this!

TL7
09-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Kraig - did you ever pursue this? I'd love to be able to program mine.

KSmith
09-07-2012, 07:33 PM
It appears I can adjust the run time of the timers, add or remove run time, but the display nevers gives any readout of percent full, so we still use the ever accurate open the lockers and take a look method ;-)

rca
09-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Is this the moomba cruise that came on my 2011? If so I get a percentage number number but it is just based on how long the pump has run compared to the total timer set. Not a real percentage full, so we just watch the bags too.

KSmith
09-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Is this the moomba cruise that came on my 2011? If so I get a percentage number number but it is just based on how long the pump has run compared to the total timer set. Not a real percentage full, so we just watch the bags too.

Yup same unit. Yup, it is based on time run, but alas it doesn't ever change fromzero on mine. Bt my boat is a 2010 and I guess it isn't fully compatible, I upgraded just a couple months ago from the Moomba Cruise... anyway, no biggie it is still better than the old Moomba Cruise.

mnpracing
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
so how does the digital cruise work? Is it paddle wheel based and can run either rpm or speed based like perfect pass? Is it GPS?

wolfeman131
09-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Paddle wheel, speed based cruise. Very similar to the PP Wakeboard Pro system I had but doesn't have a RPM mode.

For a GPS unit, you have to go with Zero Off.

mnpracing
09-08-2012, 12:33 AM
For a GPS unit, you have to go with Zero Off.

Is that an option from the factory?

wolfeman131
09-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Yes, you can order Zero Off from SC.