PDA

View Full Version : Supra Posts 2013 Previews

KSmith
08-13-2012, 12:45 PM
On the Supra site they have posted a link to the 2013 model previews. Looking good!! I was at Atl Marine this last Saturday talking with Heidi while looking over the Supra 21V and 22V they had in stock. Sounds like some changes are coming for 2013.

kaneboats
08-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Looks pretty cool. That Worlds SA is something special.

KSmith
08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Looks pretty cool. That Worlds SA is something special.

The SA is awesome IMHO. Too bad it is not in my upgrade budget, no how, no way... I might, might be able to talk the wife into a 242, but even that is dicey. The 21V has been written off as an option, the wife didn't much like the interior and felt that storage wise we were better off with our OBV. So that leaves the 22V and 242. 22V is of course the top contender at this point. We are also going to be looking at Malibu, Centurion, Santes, would look at Tige if there were any dealers nearby... probably just hit the boat show and see what's out there...

sandm
08-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I would love to have had a centurion, but if you really crawl around them and look at the price, the fit/finish is not even close to supra..

Mobius22
08-13-2012, 09:39 PM
The 21v has a new interior for 2013, just an FYI if Heidi didn't tell you

KSmith
08-14-2012, 08:53 AM
The 21v has a new interior for 2013, just an FYI if Heidi didn't tell you

Hmmm... this is good to know, many thanks! We'll scope it out at the boat show then and see what the wife thinks about it.

ga-lsv05
08-14-2012, 08:54 AM
The SA is awesome IMHO. Too bad it is not in my upgrade budget, no how, no way... I might, might be able to talk the wife into a 242, but even that is dicey. The 21V has been written off as an option, the wife didn't much like the interior and felt that storage wise we were better off with our OBV. So that leaves the 22V and 242. 22V is of course the top contender at this point. We are also going to be looking at Malibu, Centurion, Santes, would look at Tige if there were any dealers nearby... probably just hit the boat show and see what's out there...

From what I've been looking at, the 242's are in the same price range as the enzo sv230's

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

moombadaze
08-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Just wondering when we get the Moomba preview

KSmith
08-14-2012, 09:22 AM
From what I've been looking at, the 242's are in the same price range as the enzo sv230's

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

Yup. The Enzo vs230 is on my short list. I'll have to crawl around in one at the boat show and see about the fit and finish as noted above. My brother has a C4 Avalanche and he really likes it except for the exhaust. He has the side swipe exhaust he can change from side to side which is nice for surfing but it is loud, can't really have a conversation at speed...

soschic4eva
08-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Go to know... All the new Enzo we have looked at are not equip the side swipe option, that may be the reason why. I wounder if the MXZ, FX-22 and SA are going to really compete in sales next year. I heard the surf gates wave it huge but not long.

lewisb13
08-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Just wondering when we get the Moomba preview

I have asked this question to several folks. The dealer, Cindy at SC, and even sent a message to Rick T on here and no one seems to know. Really makes it frustrating to us folks who are trying to order these boats and we cant see what our boats are going to look like colorwise, not only on the exterior, but the interior as well. And believe me, after ordering my boat the options have changed a TON from 12 to 13. There are even people who have ordered the 13 LSV with options that werent on my dealer's list when I was picking mine out. Kind of disappointed with all of this. The press should come first, the boats later. Weve been seeing pictures and commercials of the 2013 dodge dart SRT for over a year now and its not even here yet. SC hasnt even released any official pictures of the 13 LSV and somehow they are already selling them. Weird.

Mobius22
08-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I would guess that the people who design the website are more to blame than SC on the colorizer and stuff for 2013 not being on here yet.

wolfeman131
08-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Well, SC hired those folks, right?

moombadaze
08-14-2012, 03:48 PM
No blame, just have a major check going to SC and wondering what it will look like, thats all. Its hard to know im making a good choise on colors when I cant even see it.

Those web guys really should have the site ready to go the day after the dealer meeting--my .02

my other .02---show every option available

E4NASH
08-14-2012, 05:20 PM
No blame, just have a major check going to SC and wondering what it will look like, thats all. Its hard to know im making a good choise on colors when I cant even see it.

Those web guys really should have the site ready to go the day after the dealer meeting--my .02

my other .02---show every option available

I agree. All of that should be done and ready to go live afterward. Everytime I look at the website I find all kinds of errors. As an IT professional in my opinion there is no reason why there should be errors on a website. If I was SC I would have an issue with that. Granted SC provides the info but still there should be an approval stage prior to the website going live. So SC is somewhat at fault. Some of the errors I've seen for a few years with no update or correction. The website is the Internet face of you business. It is the PRIMARY place customers and prospective customers go for information. It is relatively cheap compared to having to print and distribute material out to as many people that access the website. You don't have to have some big fancy site with flash and other web technologies but if it's going to be basic it at least needs to be proofread, accurate info, and as up to date as your most recent press release. Maybe SC hasn't given the info to the design firm yet or maybe the firm has run into a delay. Either way the site should be updated by now. Just my $.02...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergermaister
08-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Hey Mr Tinker- I'm available for hire. Contract or FT...

jpetty3023
08-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey Mr Tinker- I'm available for hire. Contract or FT...

I don't think that gets ya to TX thou Berg

Sent from my home phone..

E4NASH
08-14-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't think that gets ya to TX thou Berg

Web developer can telecommute...his office can be wherever his PC/Mac is. Go for it Berg!

jpetty3023
08-14-2012, 07:37 PM
well in that case go for it berg, lot of nice homes for sale in Belton

sandm
08-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Yup. The Enzo vs230 is on my short list. I'll have to crawl around in one at the boat show and see about the fit and finish as noted above. My brother has a C4 Avalanche and he really likes it except for the exhaust. He has the side swipe exhaust he can change from side to side which is nice for surfing but it is loud, can't really have a conversation at speed...

heard the exact same thing on the sideswipe, and don't order the switchblade if you surf. waste of money.. as far as fit/finish, the boats were nice that I crawled around, but at prices over 75k for the 230/240, the finish looked more like a pricepoint boat. as a 50-60k boat, very nice, but imo, when you step up into the 75+ range, your boat better be finished, panels tight, edges rounded and just the little things that I noticed in the higher end boat lines. no doubt the enzo is the cats pajamas when it comes to surfing, but that's a lot of bread for just a hull :)

I do second all the talk about having an internet presence up to date. emarketer.com has an article out that talks about internet usage. in the 30-49 age group, which I would think is skiers prime age group based on who has the cash to buy new boats, 78.3% are online every day, and it only goes up as you hit the age group that's behind them(think future customers). It takes money to change the website, but that should be part of the marketing department and factored into boat releases, especially since all the towboats getting sprayed right now are being titled as '13 models..

E4NASH
08-14-2012, 08:33 PM
....I do second all the talk about having an internet presence up to date. emarketer.com has an article out that talks about internet usage. in the 30-49 age group, which I would think is skiers prime age group based on who has the cash to buy new boats, 78.3% are online every day, and it only goes up as you hit the age group that's behind them(think future customers). It takes money to change the website, but that should be part of the marketing department and factored into boat releases, especially since all the towboats getting sprayed right now are being titled as '13 models..

Agreed...internet presence is VITAL these days. It is BY FAR the best marketing tool. It's not that expensive to update text and photos on a website. Even adding items on that simple form that is the boat builder wouldn't be much T&E (Time and Effort) ESPECIALLY if it is done in-house. However it is probably unlikely that they have a web developer on staff. It is probably hosted and managed by a 3rd party. But even still it shouldn't be very expensive or take much time for the webmaster to update the site. Yes, it can be expensive to do a full website upgrade but the Moomba site has been largely unchanged since I first started looking at Moombas back in '07. A fresh site to go along with the fresh ideas they are starting to churn out over there would be sweet! But you have to think that money spent for the fancy site has to be recovered from somewhere, either in cost cutting which oftentimes attributes to quality loss, or adding cost to the customer. MC and Bu have fancy sites to go with their fancy price...

wolfeman131
08-14-2012, 08:39 PM
E,

You might have missed my post where I stated that SC is moving to a non-flash architecture for the site/colorizer so the fruity folks can see/use it.

E4NASH
08-14-2012, 09:16 PM
E,

You might have missed my post where I stated that SC is moving to a non-flash architecture for the site/colorizer so the fruity folks can see/use it.

Yep, def. missed that. That's a good thing because I bet that is the most active part of the site besides the forum. Everyone likes to build and price! I did that today on a few car sites that I have no intention, need, or means to buy from.....Porsche *cough* Audi *cough* :-D I'm hoping that Powerball changes that for me tomorrow though! Then it would be the Ferrari site...458 Italia, YES PLEASE! :cool:

bergermaister
08-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Yes, and most smarty (fruity) phones and tablets don't support Flash - at least not yet.

Used to be that a web presence followed the company image and branding, one piece of the puzzle - now it leads the way or at least should. It is far more cost effective and rapidly distributed than any paper that gets sprayed with ink could ever dream of.

I've built a few websites, then modeled business cards and literature after them. In fact more often than not that's how it works.

If there are boats at dealers already then getting photos should be (should have been) no problem. You never know though... Can't update a website if you have nothing to put there.

dusty2221
08-29-2012, 03:50 PM
I know the boat is online everywhere, but this blog is the best I have seen for pics. The ones out were good, and these hit a few different angles that haven't been shown.

http://supraboatsaus.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-supra-sa-550-sneak-peak.html

I think this is an incredible boat, but my dream is still set on a 242. Wishing I could find a way to get out of mine and into one as we speak!

mnpracing
08-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I know the boat is online everywhere, but this blog is the best I have seen for pics. The ones out were good, and these hit a few different angles that haven't been shown.

http://supraboatsaus.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-supra-sa-550-sneak-peak.html

I think this is an incredible boat, but my dream is still set on a 242. Wishing I could find a way to get out of mine and into one as we speak!

I like what appear to be SS swim platform brackets. Are all 2013 models from SC like this?

wolfeman131
08-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Looks like those will only be on Supras. Below is from 2013 LSV.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/New%20LSV/2012-07-23_13-04-19_519.jpg

wolfeman131
08-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Wishing I could find a way to get out of mine and into one as we speak!

Start by listing it for sale, jackleg.

jmvotto
08-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Drew are those the menace wake/surf racks on the SA in the blog pics at the Xom station.

Thought they replaced them in 13

wolfeman131
08-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Not sure. The blog pics aren't coming up on my iPad. I think it's all Roswell stuff in '13.

jmvotto
08-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Not sure. The blog pics aren't coming up on my iPad. I think it's all Roswell stuff in '13.

Forgot the whole tower is Roswell , the forks look like the menace v2 option which I need larger surf fork options at a decent price