PDA

View Full Version : Medallion MDC-1600

99moomba99
07-25-2005, 08:40 PM
I have a 99' mobius and I have researched for as many hours on line as I have in my boat to see exactly what this little black box does and why it makes everyones guages go down. Here is the short and sweet of it all. The medallion MDC-1600 is the heart and soul of your instrument cluster. Without it you willnever have any working guages except maybe the odometer "big deal". the "MDC" or Module Data Concentrator" was Developed by Rycor Medallion and can be reached at 1-800-828-8127. Or by website at www.medallionis.com. they are extremely helpful and will get you exactly what you need. It is indeed only about a 5 minute fix and the price with shipping is around $195. There is some truth to the fact that without a complete ground or a full 12 volts to the MDC it will not function properly. If you are familiar with a voltmeter this can be accomplished in about another 5 minutes. Hopefully this will reach whomever has had the same misfortune as I and maybe this will take some of the legwork out of your frustrating searches..

99moomba99
07-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Also, I forgot to mention that if you do choose to buy another MDC. It will come with another 1 year warranty from the date of purchase. This may choose to be usefull, should it ever go t*ts up again which the likelyhood may be more than fair.

Catdog1
07-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the information. Was wondering about this.

When bad, does the boat run, just without gauges?

The answer will determine for me whether or not to buy and stock one as a spare for our '99. Thanks. CT

DOCDRS
07-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Just remember to disconnect the speedo pick up lines every year