PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Base for Stern light

rsinger
08-10-2012, 10:25 AM
The housing on mine broke and I'm trying to find one that has the same connections as the connector on the base of the light, and uses the same mounting holes. The foot print of the new base is also a factor. Anyone have any ideas?

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb397/rsingerwpg/base.jpg

The base and pole are both attwood. I looked on their site and found one close, but it looks like the connectors are different, and it would be nice to avoid having to buy a pole as well.

wolfeman131
08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah, replace that with a 12v outlet to use for tsunami pumps, air pumps, etc and rig up some of your Christmas lights to the tower. :)

rsinger
08-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, replace that with a 12v outlet to use for tsunami pumps, air pumps, etc and rig up some of your Christmas lights to the tower. :)

Already thought of that, but the alternator and battery don't have enough power to supply the Christmas lights for more than 5 minutes.

wolfeman131
08-12-2012, 11:56 PM
use one of those power inverter things plugged into your new 12v outlet and you can run the lights all night long.

rsinger
08-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Way ahead of you.

1. I'm getting a 2KW honda generator
2. Rebuild a larger clam shell for the motor.
3. Put the generator in the new housing
4. Split the fuel line to accommodate the generator
5. Power all the lights, including the xmas lights with that.

p.s. I'm going to order the attwood I found on the web. Almost perfect match, but I'm going to have to get a new pole as well, unless I can fine a used one locally.

wolfeman131
08-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Ron,

I like your thinking! How about parking the boat in the front yard for the Holidays and putting a big, plastic Santa in the drivers seat and attach a team of reindeer to the bow eye?

rsinger
08-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Great idea. I seriously considered your idea. Unfortunately vinyl gets pretty brittle at 20 below. It's almost worth replacing the vinyl again just to see the reaction on the street. I could also play christmas tunes off the tower speakers.

ga-lsv05
08-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Don't forget to put an elf out back on a wakeboard
2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

rsinger
08-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Way ahead of you.

1. I'm getting a 2KW honda generator
2. Rebuild a larger clam shell for the motor.
3. Put the generator in the new housing
4. Split the fuel line to accommodate the generator
5. Power all the lights, including the xmas lights with that.

p.s. I'm going to order the attwood I found on the web. Almost perfect match, but I'm going to have to get a new pole as well, unless I can fine a used one locally.

I ran across this and thought it was hilarious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Generator-eu2000i-/221114083023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337b6d26cf

"I bought these locally for my boat, but they will not fit on my swim platform"

wolfeman131
08-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Did you note the item location?

It explains a lot.

mmandley
08-24-2012, 08:54 AM
The housing on mine broke and I'm trying to find one that has the same connections as the connector on the base of the light, and uses the same mounting holes. The foot print of the new base is also a factor. Anyone have any ideas?

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb397/rsingerwpg/base.jpg

The base and pole are both attwood. I looked on their site and found one close, but it looks like the connectors are different, and it would be nice to avoid having to buy a pole as well.

Ron you still looking for this part? I think i have my original one from the boat. I replaced it the first year for a 12V connector. If i have it your welcome to it man.

rsinger
08-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Ron you still looking for this part? I think i have my original one from the boat. I replaced it the first year for a 12V connector. If i have it your welcome to it man.

Mike to the rescue. I tried to pm you. Guess what. Full mail box, no surprise. I was just going to order a similar one from ebay but I'll hold off.

If you can find it I'd take it off your hands. Would save me drilling new holes and replacing my pole as well.

mmandley
08-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Just cleaned up that mail box. I'll look for it.