PDA

View Full Version : Mojo ballast set up

map12c02
08-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Just getting into wake surfing this year with our new Mojo. We have had good luck with surfing for my wife and 7 year old daughter, but I am 6'3, 225. I am able to go for about two minutes, but fall out easily. For this reason i am tying to optimize ballast. I have done my best to check the forum, but the right combo is not clear and i am not familiar with some of the lingo used to describe set up. Here is what i am trying:

Ballast III set up
Surfing port side
Liquid force 5-3 fish

Speed 10
Wake plate engaged full
Center ballast half full
Port side full
Starboard side empty

Would it be possible to have everyone reply using similar descriptions or a better technical way that describes weight in each location even if empty?

z28ke
08-10-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't have a mojo but u need more weight. Definitely fill the center locker all the way, port side full, and get some fat friends in the back corner and it should be surfable. I don't have a wake plate but it seems like most people run them no more than 1/2 down when surfing.

Ultimately you need to upgrade the port locker bag to a 750 or larger, and add some weight to the bow either with an integrated system or pump and bag so you can try different places on the boat. Hope this helps

wolfeman131
08-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Search for some of my posts for more details, but here qhickly is what you need:

Port side 1,100 sac fuller
Under port seats 370 tube sac full
Starboard side approx 400-500 lbs. Either fill stock full or 1,100 halfway
Center tank full
Bow sack 650 full

Wake plate anywhere from 1/2 to all the way up. We like 3/4 best at 10.7 mph.

Have fun!

map12c02
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the fast feedback. So given the fact that I have the gravity 3 system should I fill all the sacks up all the way until I can upgrade sacks?

moombadaze
08-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the fast feedback. So given the fact that I have the gravity 3 system should I fill all the sacks up all the way until I can upgrade sacks?

yes, just the front and surf side, and have everyone sit on the surfside