PDA

View Full Version : Slalom Moomba Outback V

Stef1914
08-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi, new the forum. I bought a Outback V last year and I would like to know the best way of adjusting or running the boat to make the perfect wake for slalom ski. I don't ski in a slalom course , free ride mostly.

Thanks in advance for the infos.

c.rix
08-08-2012, 09:37 PM
everyone out of the boat but driver 1/4 tank or less and wake plate just a hair up from full down i found to be the best

skiyaker
08-08-2012, 10:23 PM
I usually ski the course behind a Nautique 196, but last week I found my 2008 OBV very skiable in open water. What year OBV? I agree with C.Rix that on the old generation OBV- wake plate just a hair up from full down is right, faster is better, and play with different rope lengths. 22 off behind the OBV puts you about the same spot on the wake as 15 off behind a DD with a center pylon.

Stef1914
08-09-2012, 07:08 AM
I usually ski the course behind a Nautique 196, but last week I found my 2008 OBV very skiable in open water. What year OBV? I agree with C.Rix that on the old generation OBV- wake plate just a hair up from full down is right, faster is better, and play with different rope lengths. 22 off behind the OBV puts you about the same spot on the wake as 15 off behind a DD with a center pylon.

My boat is a 2011.

Stef1914
08-09-2012, 07:11 AM
When you mentionne in the very front did you mean on the front seat of I can use the ballast in the front center of the boat. Did you ever try to use both, ballast and fat sac in the front.
Tks

KSmith
08-09-2012, 09:00 AM
The slalom wake won't be as flat on your 2011. Outback V for a whole new design in 2009, shorter, deeper, heavier, more suited to wakeboarding than the pre-2009 hulls. Same suggestions as above, still skiable, just not as flat.

Stef1914
08-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for the tip for improving the wake on the Outback V 2011. During the weekend I try few ''set-up'' and the best result i have was:

two person in the front bow , one observer, driver of course, and add 5 feet to my rope and just a little touch to move the wake plate down. Not the same wake as a Outback but really skiable for open water. Thanks

zabooda
08-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Glad it worked out.

moombabound
08-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Prior to this thread, I would never have thought about lifting up the wake plate a bit.
Had my driver today raisd it from full down, to the full down mark, per above while I was skiing.
Result was undesirable. Had him lower it back down right away.
That was at 15 off. Curious at what rope length the folks are running who suggest this.

skiyaker
08-21-2012, 06:52 AM
moombabound I've found that if I put the wake plate all the way down it pushes the bulbous part of the bow down into the water and makes the wake a lot taller and steeper- not a subtle difference at all. I'll have to take pictures of it next time I'm out. I don't have to lift the wake plate up much at all to eliminate it- only a hair and if I lift it up more than a hair then the wake gets bigger again. I've noticed this both at -15 and -22. I'm wondering if there's a little variance in the range of motion between different people's wake plates. Bottom line is like you said play with it a little and if it makes you happy then ski the hell out of it.

moombabound
08-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Good point. I think dialing mine back from full down (past the full mark on the guage) to the full down mark on the guage, is more than a hair. Hopefully get another crack at it this weekend and I will experiment.