PDA

View Full Version : almost time to let the install begin..

sandm
08-07-2012, 09:53 AM
first and foremost, I would like to preface this by giving props to brian at exile. he was going to set me up with a great system from exile, but last minute, I ended up a different route due to a cousin that had some gear and needed some cash quick. worked out good for me :)

the boat has a decent head unit from clarion that I'd like to replace as it's only 2v outputs, but due to the stupid tigetouch, it's easier to leave in-place. it also comes with 4 wetsounds cabin speakers. going to leave them in-place as well. good speakers that sound great just off the factory deck(my boat didn't come with any of the upgrades).
As I mentioned, was talking with my cousin and he offered me a screaming deal on 2 arc audio ks(kar) series amps that he never used. brand new. so i'm using a 300.4 for the cabins and a 300.2 for the towers. I found a guy on ebay selling a brand new 1200.1 that he didn't use in his audi and it'll be the sub amp. I'm hoping that since these amps are class g/h, they will be much more efficient than the last system I had using class a/b. seems that's the way boat amps are heading. found another guy selling a brand new jl 12w6. was going to use 3 in his car and only did 2. I had this same sub in my supra and it absolutely pounds. probably overkill in a boat again, but the price was right. I had hlcd's in the supra and didn't like them. the bullet hollowpoints were really "bright" and had no low end. I know it was due to an hlcd in a 6.5" size-they needed to be bigger. after wavering back and forth between getting larger hlcd's or standard surf speakers, I decided to do coax's. was going to use the sxt65's from exile, but my tige dealer(by nature, he is also a wetsounds dealer due to tige/wetsounds relationship) gave me a smoking deal on 2 pairs of icon8's(only due to buying a boat from him as I guess ws is price controlled). I'm hoping the larger cone area will pay off, but they were also several hundred less than the exiles. the only other additions will be a 3rd set of wetsounds cabin speakers to balance out the sub and a zld driver from exile to get a better signal to the amps and the ability to balance out the boat/tower speakers.
so far with 3 amps, a sub and the wetsounds tower speakers, I'm in the job $2400. I think it's pretty good for the gear I've assembled.
I can't raise my tower in the garage here, so one of my other cousins has agreed to lend me a bay at his electrical shop to do the install starting the first of october. it's a huge shop and heated so it will be nice to be doing the install out of the elements when the weather is crap :)

pretty excited to start collecting all the rest of the pieces to finish this. the end goal is under 3k for the whole install including a 3rd battery and all the wiring...

the pile has started..
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/stereobeginnings.jpg

New Guy
08-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Nice that is a great list of equipment. Make sure to take pictures.

wolfeman131
08-07-2012, 10:54 AM
good looking pile!

dusty2221
08-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Awesome man! Keep us updated!

moombadaze
08-07-2012, 11:07 AM
the pile has started..

Allways fun to have the brown truck show up and drop off more boat goodies.

I hope to making a call to Brian with a order very soon myself.

beat taco
08-07-2012, 06:20 PM
You're going to be like a kid who can't wait for Christmas! That is a huge system!

WaterBullDawg1980
08-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Holy cow. Cant wait to see it! Hopefully you are going to be putting the right kind of music through those speakers. George Strait right? :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sandm
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
sucks right now having a medocre system in the boat, but fortunately my sis tooner ended up with most of the stock system out of the supra and that 10 in a properly built box is night and day from the free air hump. we rock on her boat...

matt75
08-08-2012, 09:54 PM
You'll love the arc's. I have a 300.4 running rev 10's and a 300.2 running a rev410. They NEVER get hot (Texas boy who rides with rdlangston) and they'll play till the batteries run bone dry. Very happy with them