PDA

View Full Version : Krypt HLCD

lewisb13
08-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Sorry for being the 900th person to start this thread but I haven't been on here in a while since I decided to order a 13 lsv. When/where is the best place to get these speakers? If my memory serves me correctly the guy gives like 50% off at certain points during the year or something. Or it might have been if you pm him you can get great deals? Refresh my memory please! Cheers

ian ashton
08-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Save a little more and buy Exile! The Krypt HLCDs I had sounded terrible, especially compared to XM9s.

jmvotto
08-06-2012, 09:59 AM
plus one for the exile vs the Krypt, but if your on budget bulletlines.com is the site and you can email ken.

I went that route then ended up with exile. Krypt sounded ok, exiles sound amazing. FWIW

loudsubz
08-06-2012, 11:09 AM
try ebay, I used to see them time to time on there for 50% off.

They were as little harsh and needed some EQ'ing to get the compression drivers down a bit, otherwise they can sound a bit honkey. Once EQ they sound nice.

sandm
08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
look at exile/wetsounds. I had bullet 6.5hlcd's which krypt knocked off. I'd never do small hlcd's like that again. very bright and no bottom end.. It's a fair chunk of change, but get a single pair of the larger hlcd's and you will not be disappointed.

lewisb13
08-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Ok so my next question is, when/where can I get STELLAR deals on Exile or WS? I dont mind waiting until the day after xmas if I have to LOL.

kaneboats
08-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Try giving Brian at Exile a call. Tell him you want to send him some money right before Christmas or in Jan. when the Christmas bills come in. I bet he'll find you a deal.

rdlangston13
08-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Ok so my next question is, when/where can I get STELLAR deals on Exile or WS? I dont mind waiting until the day after xmas if I have to LOL.

Brian the president of Exile will be down at the Texas Jam this weekend. I would come up and talk to him or shoot him and PM on here. Travis, the local Exile dealer will also be there in his MC and I think he is running one set of XM9s, two sets of XM7s, and two sets of SXT65qs. I am going to try and get him to let me demo the XM9s this weekend.

jmvotto
08-06-2012, 01:49 PM
the 4 9's are where its at. not sure i even need other speakers in the boat.:o

bzubke1
08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
exile, bullet, and wetsounds all make a great product, i've had the bullet hollowpoint 770's and wetsounds rev10's and truely can't complain both were super loud and clear. Make sure you don't skimp on the amp it's just as important as the speakers.

Brianinpdx
08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
JMV - you crack me up.

"The 4 9's are where its at. not sure i even need other speakers in the boat."

I'm glad you all have had good experiences with Exile gear. Thats our aim every time, regardless or what you need gear wise. I'm not going to DIS any brand, but to the op that is inquiring about KRYPT, Id really do some talking with people privately that have first hand experience with it.

Exile is but one choice out there. As what was mentioned above, if you end up at the Houston party this weekend on the water, you can hear some good Exile setups. Yes, our retailer out there will let people do some demo'ing of the 9s. No problem.

Hit me up if you need any info. Be happy to help you with anything. Even if its just some technical info on speakers in general.

Cheers

-Brian
Exile Audio

motosno963
08-06-2012, 04:12 PM
brians a good guy to deal with..once i sell the street bike and get that loan out of my pocket im going to sweet talk brian into "giving" me a nice set up for the boat and take these rockfords out of my boat..love ya brian..no homo haha

matt75
08-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Why stop at 9's, when you can run 10's?

loudsubz
08-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Why stop at that when you can get some Danley sound labs Jericho speakers on the tower

kaneboats
08-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Why not just have a live band on the boat?

loudsubz
08-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Because a live band still won't project as far as the jerichos

moombadaze
08-06-2012, 07:29 PM

tunes and movable ballast, I like it

jmvotto
08-06-2012, 09:04 PM
tunes and movable ballast, I like it

Lots of batteries for da band.

Thread gone wide right.

Lewis , pm me if you want