PDA

View Full Version : nettles

motosno963
08-02-2012, 03:42 PM
soo i bit the bullet and bought the acme 543..when i ordered i noiticed people talking about the 541 and thats what i ordered first.. i then saw the specs on it after and i remember everyone saying
11.5 and when i looked back at the 541 it said 12 and thats when i noticed i ordered the wrong prop and i called nettles up..i got two words in and he asked " is this chris" and i said " yes sir " and he had my invoice in his hand and i told him what i needed and made it happen in under 2 mins..great people..if anyone needs a nice cheap prop they are the guys to call

tgoody14
08-02-2012, 04:45 PM
^^^ x2 Great Customer Service!
I ordered that same exact prop (ACME 543) online late last night. They called me this morning at 730 to verify shipping details, which the shipping only cost me $1 after their $20 coupon, and said it would be at my front door Tues!
Now I'm just hoping I can get the factory prop off without a prop puller... Anybody done this!?
I thought I saw a list of tools needed on this forum somewhere, but can't seem to find it again...

tgoody14
08-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Annnnnd found it...
It was in the "Prop Testing" topic
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10810

bbuhtz
08-02-2012, 04:55 PM
^^^ x2 Great Customer Service!
I ordered that same exact prop (ACME 543) online late last night. They called me this morning at 730 to verify shipping details, which the shipping only cost me $1 after their $20 coupon, and said it would be at my front door Tues!
Now I'm just hoping I can get the factory prop off without a prop puller... Anybody done this!?
I thought I saw a list of tools needed on this forum somewhere, but can't seem to find it again...

Torch to heat the prop up and a hammer, with a piece of wood or something as to not damage the old prop, to hammer the prop off the shaft, if it doesn't just fall off when heat is applied.... cake. Goodluck.

tgoody14
08-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

motosno963
08-02-2012, 06:30 PM
well since my buddys coming home from afgan for a few days i picked 2 day air..even with the extra 80$ i still came out under then the price of the other prop with regular shipping i was looking at on wakeprops.com

KSmith
08-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Also, keep the nut on the shaft 3-4 turns so it'll catch the prop when it releases. They often come off with quite a bit of force behind them and you don't want it to fly off the shaft it could hurt you and/or the prop