PDA

View Full Version : Want to replace the carpet in your LSV?

wolfeman131
08-02-2012, 09:49 AM
This was the post from Scott:

check out poseidon flooring. I got to sample it the other day at the dealer. removable like carpet, spongey like seadek(only MUCH thicker) and removable so it's easy to clean.. I wish I had the option to have ordered it. it looks like a rubber weave doormat when you first look at it, but once you stand on it, you are sold..
it's a pretty spendy option to check on the boats that do have it(~$850), but you can buy it online in rolls similar to carpet and I understand pieces seam together easy for a full-floor look. looks to be in the 350-400 range to do an average boat-as much as having snap-in carpet made and cheaper than messing with either permanently mounting seadek(and now it's permanent again) or trying to retrofit seadek in some removable fashion.

http://www.poseidonflooring.com/

So, I sent off an email and had a call from the President of the company within an hour. He is STOKED to provide a solution for Moomba owners. As the LSV has been the best selling Moomba model, I suggested that we start with here. I also suggested this so we can all pressure RDLANGSTON to take his boat to their shop to get a template made for the 2006-2012 LSV's.

Once a template is developed and digitized, folks can order their choice of color and logo(s). Turnaround was quoted at 2 weeks. Cost TBD, but a group buy discount will be part of the deal. I will have some samples of the product at the TX Jam so folks can feel it and see some of the available colors.

Big THANKS to sandm (glad we let you stick around) for finding what may be a fantastic solution to worn, matted, nasty looking carpet.

spyder
08-02-2012, 10:09 AM
This was the post from Scott:

check out poseidon flooring. I got to sample it the other day at the dealer. removable like carpet, spongey like seadek(only MUCH thicker) and removable so it's easy to clean.. I wish I had the option to have ordered it. it looks like a rubber weave doormat when you first look at it, but once you stand on it, you are sold..
it's a pretty spendy option to check on the boats that do have it(~$850), but you can buy it online in rolls similar to carpet and I understand pieces seam together easy for a full-floor look. looks to be in the 350-400 range to do an average boat-as much as having snap-in carpet made and cheaper than messing with either permanently mounting seadek(and now it's permanent again) or trying to retrofit seadek in some removable fashion.

http://www.poseidonflooring.com/

So, I sent off an email and had a call from the President of the company within an hour. He is STOKED to provide a solution for Moomba owners. As the LSV has been the best selling Moomba model, I suggested that we start with here. I also suggested this so we can all pressure RDLANGSTON to take his boat to their shop to get a template made for the 2006-2012 LSV's.

Once a template is developed and digitized, folks can order their choice of color and logo(s). Turnaround was quoted at 2 weeks. Cost TBD, but a group buy discount will be part of the deal. I will have some samples of the product at the TX Jam so folks can feel it and see some of the available colors.

Big THANKS to sandm (glad we let you stick around) for finding what may be a fantastic solution to worn, matted, nasty looking carpet.

could be interested depending on price and difficulty of installation.

wolfeman131
08-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Price - hoping to get it under $400 but who the heck knows what you Canadiens will have to pay.

Installation - I think you can choose to have it snap down, in which case you would have to screw the snap into your deck OR you can simply lay it down in the boat.

moombahighrider
08-02-2012, 10:22 AM
I am definitely interested in this option. I was just looking at my carpet with dismay the other day and wondering what I am going to do about replacing it.

saskyrider
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm def. interested but mine is an 05 so not sure about templating it..... I've pulled the floor up in mine twice this year and taken it to the carwash and spent over 10 bucks each time power washing the carpet....

spyder
08-02-2012, 10:33 AM
i'm guessing removal of old carpet is necessary

KSmith
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
I'd be interested if they get a 2009+ Outback V template made....

wolfeman131
08-02-2012, 11:04 AM
i'm guessing removal of old carpet is necessary

I'd think that would be a good idea, but don't know that it would be required.

spyder
08-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I'd think that would be a good idea, but don't know that it would be required.

i'm guessing you'd need to or water would never escape from underneath

motosno963
08-02-2012, 11:09 AM
id like to get something for my 04 outback

bergermaister
08-02-2012, 11:26 AM
For those of us with older boats I'd be curious the cost to buy a sheet and cut my own since I doubt there is enough demand for template creation. Cost per sq ft. or by the yard.

squeeg333
08-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I know it's not the same stuff, but this looks suspiciously similar to the stuff that came stock in the ski locker in my 08 LSV. That stinky mat that we have talked about on this site so many times?? The one we all threw away?? I sure this drains better, and wouldn't sitting in a cesspool of water like the ski locker mat was... but just an observation...

ian ashton
08-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I will also be in if they can do something for my DD Outback.

Salyers
08-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I want one for my Mojo!

jester
08-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Can we also look at for us OBV owners. I am so pissed off at my carpet right now I am about to rip it up. Depending on cost. Also is there a way to get a sample?

kaneboats
08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I know it's not the same stuff, but this looks suspiciously similar to the stuff that came stock in the ski locker in my 08 LSV. That stinky mat that we have talked about on this site so many times?? The one we all threw away?? I sure this drains better, and wouldn't sitting in a cesspool of water like the ski locker mat was... but just an observation...

You're going to have to get a better look at this product. That mat thing from the ski locker was absolute garbage. I don't think the two are anything alike at all.

wolfeman131
08-02-2012, 01:25 PM
OK. Seems like there is some interest!

If I could ask for your patience, I will work with the manufacturer to get as many templates/products available as soon as possible.

My plan is to start with the LSV as that has been the #1 selling boat in the line since '06. So, my guess is that this would be the highest demand template. We'll set up a poll for the others and work our way from top to bottom. If we do it methodically, we can leverage our buying power and drive to a lower cost.

spyder
08-02-2012, 01:32 PM

i get what you're saying about the stuff that came with the boat..

http://www.poseidonflooring.com/images/DECKadence%20Colors_files/col_b700.jpg

kaneboats
08-02-2012, 01:33 PM
I did see one pic that looked a little scary. Not sure if it's all the same product in their photos or not. I'd love to get a sample. If I do, I'll take some close up pics, etc. and share what I find.

brain_rinse
08-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Very interested! I'd like to get a sample of the material before committing though. Also interested in the sheet of material as my rear locker carpet has got to go ASAP.

kaneboats
08-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Good point. Rear locker carpet is coming out this winter. I don't know what kind of vinyl, rubber or bedliner spray I'm going to put in but the carpet has to go.

brain_rinse
08-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Good point. Rear locker carpet is coming out this winter. I don't know what kind of vinyl, rubber or bedliner spray I'm going to put in but the carpet has to go.
Yeah I've had enough. Been shopping around and just haven't found the right material yet. I found some "coin" garage flooring on a roll that would be perfect but it's $180 and only enough material for 2 boats (4 rear lockers.)

parrothd
08-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Still not sure why these boats have carpet, I'd like to replace mine with hydroturff. Easier to clean and last longer..

sandm
08-02-2012, 06:28 PM

Had that same crap in mine. Completely different. Its an option in tige this year. Dealer had it in a z3. Super soft and lays down just like carpet. Reviews on forums are very favorable so far for those that have it..... Its $800 or so on the option sheet but thats logo'ed. Guys are thinkin raw sheet cost will be 350-400 andits supposed to seam real nice..

WaterBullDawg1980
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah I've had enough. Been shopping around and just haven't found the right material yet. I found some "coin" garage flooring on a roll that would be perfect but it's $180 and only enough material for 2 boats (4 rear lockers.)

Is that for just the floor piece? That is $$! But like a few of you, I would like to replace my locker carpet. But may hold off as the boat is on the market. :) Now if you guys would like to get a group buy going on the sea dek teak for a floor, I'm all ears. But that would be going in the new boat of course.

moombadaze
08-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Now if you guys would like to get a group buy going on the sea dek teak for a floor, I'm all ears. But that would be going in the new boat of course.

I like the way you think

wolfeman131
08-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Now if you guys would like to get a group buy going on the sea dek teak for a floor, I'm all ears.

Great idea. If you get your sea dek order in now, it may actually be here by the time your new boat is delivered in 2013. :p

WaterBullDawg1980
08-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Great idea. If you get your sea dek order in now, it may actually be here by the time your new boat is delivered in 2013. :p

Ha! I know right. I'll be rocking the fiberglass floor for 6 months. (If I'm lucky)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rbeckner27
01-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Did anyone get around to ordering this as I would like to order it for my mojo?

wolfeman131
01-20-2014, 05:07 PM
no, the guy never really seemed interested once I started to press the issue on when, where, how much

sorry

rbeckner27
01-20-2014, 06:55 PM
I talked with the folks at precision fabrication they down the road from me and they handle the cutting aspect of the manufacturing and they quoted me $12/ sqft let me know if folks are interested and I will see about discount buy

996scott
01-20-2014, 07:06 PM
$12/sq ft for what? What kind of material? If it is a Hydroturf/Seadek type material I would be interested in getting it to replace the carped in my ski lockers.

rbeckner27
01-20-2014, 07:26 PM
It is the deckadence PVC mesh still stuff from marineflooring.net

kaneboats
01-22-2014, 04:36 PM
I think I might use this stuff:

http://www.13deals.com/store/item.php?id=34927

spyder
07-21-2014, 11:41 AM
I was wondering if anyone got anywhere with this solution?