PDA

View Full Version : Chick-fil-A

z71
08-02-2012, 12:30 AM
So who all enjoyed some delicious food from Chick-fil-A today? I know I sure did. More than once. They deserve every bit of sales they get today for standing up for what they believe in.

spyder
08-02-2012, 01:21 AM
i live too far away to enjoy a spicy chicken sandwich with lattice fries from Chick-Fil-A. #Firstworldproblems

i do hit them up everytime i visit family in PA.

sandm
08-02-2012, 08:10 AM
we only have one in town and it's on the college campus inside the student union building. I have not had any desire to venture down there and try them with the parking hassles that come with a large college campus. that being said, I don't agree with their ceo and his statement, however, it would not stop me from trying one given a location that was much more convenient to me..

wonder how many people out on the front line that work for him are now offended by his statements. as a ceo, it's nice to see him stand up for what he believes, but you have to be very aware of the ramifications of taking a stand on such a "hot" issue..

Cigars n scotch
08-02-2012, 08:19 AM
What is it your talking about?

I haven't had chik fil a in forever, not really a fast food type of guy.

04OUTBACK
08-02-2012, 09:37 AM
ahhhh yeah, we ran over about 9;15 yesterday for some chik n mini's

KG's Supra24
08-02-2012, 09:43 AM
That picture can't be real ....

moombadaze
08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
^^^looks photshoped

04OUTBACK
08-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Hehehe..
we have a few graphic folks on staff! Had a little fun after getting our breakfast on..
We were in drive through line laughing about new ways to order our meals.. Chicken sandwich..straight..

ANd, the fact that it takes a Rooster AND a Hen to keep Chick Fil A rolling. If their supplier had nothing but roosters, they'd run outta chicken.

chawk610
08-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Love it... and love Chick Fil-A!!!

beat taco
08-02-2012, 12:42 PM
In new Hampshire the support the gay community. Although I still teak drag I don't live in a box.

chawk610
08-02-2012, 01:00 PM
We are standing up for what "we" believe in. Doesn't mean you have to though... back to McD's and those gross "goo nuggets" for ya! :)

rdlangston13
08-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Ok so did Chik-Fil-A say actual negative comments about the LGBT community or just turn down an invitation to participate in some kind of event? Am I wrong?

z71
08-02-2012, 02:43 PM
They CEO Dan Cathy said that he was in favor of traditional marriage. He also asked who is man too say that they are better than God to decide what constitutes a marriage.

WaterBullDawg1980
08-02-2012, 09:17 PM
They CEO Dan Cathy said that he was in favor of traditional marriage. He also asked who is man too say that they are better than God to decide what constitutes a marriage.

Free speech is a funny thing huh? It's suddenly wrong when you do not agree with it. It's a shame that they are getting so much heat.

cbboarder
08-02-2012, 09:40 PM
This country was founded on Christian beliefs. Unfortunately, many have forgotten this.

z71
08-02-2012, 10:45 PM
This country was founded on Christian beliefs. Unfortunately, many have forgotten this.

Like button

KG's Supra24
08-02-2012, 11:01 PM

Uhhhhhh what? I don't recall that from history class.

David, chickfila contributes millions to anti gay organizations. A couple Mayors from major cities, Chicago and Boston, urged/ban them from their cities. It was done in a way that violates first amendment rights. The appreciation day was yesterday and some claim it was a stand for 1st amendment but for most it was a stand against the gay community. Based on the tone of this thread and everything I've seen elsewhere, it seems to have a base at the social issue, human equality, not as a first amendment issue.

Everyone here has their own opinion, and rightfully so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

spyder
08-02-2012, 11:05 PM

David, chickfila contributes millions to anti gay organizations. A couple Mayors from major cities, Chicago and Boston, urged/ban them from their cities. It was done in a way that violates first amendment rights. The appreciation day was yesterday and some claim it was a stand for 1st amendment but for most it was a stand against the gay community. Based on the tone of this thread and everything I've seen elsewhere, it seems to have a base at the social issue, human equality, not as a first amendment issue.

Everyone here has their own opinion, and rightfully so. For me, I don't see myself eating there again for quite sometime, if that's how we are supposed to vote .... ?

legitimately, on this whole issue... who gives a shit what someone else is doing.. they aren't hurting you, why should you hurt them.. (physically or verbally)

beat taco
08-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Why not leave gays alone and feed people who are hungry with all that money? Believe it or not there are millions if hungry kids in this country. But once again, no one cares.

WaterBullDawg1980
08-02-2012, 11:43 PM

I seriously doubt that Dan Cathy believes a gay person is not as equal of a person as someone else. As for all the supporters I have no idea. But I would tend to agree with you that the majority of them are just "anti gay" and while I think it is wrong, I will never begin to judge a person's character based upon what team they bat for. I have been taught since I was little to leave the judging up to God. It is a shame that many who call themselves a Christian are so quick to judge others when it teaches the opposite in the Good Book.

The main issue I have is that I am of the opinion that many of the same people who are so upset with Dan Cathy's stance would have no problem if a gay business owner in San Fran (pardon my obvious prejudice against San Fran) catered to only gay people. Maybe a bad example, but I think you get my point. Bottom line, ALL of us as Americans are entitled to Freedom of Speech. While we may not all agree, we should all respect each others opinions. Compromise seems to be a lost art in our society and it is a damn shame. We could use a few Henry Clays in the US today.

cbboarder
08-03-2012, 07:06 AM

If I remember correctly the first settlers (Pilgrims) were fleeing religious persecution in Europe. Specifically, the freedom to believe in Christ.

Believe me, I'm no bible thumper. However, I definitely prefer christian morals and beliefs over the alternative.

z71
08-03-2012, 09:19 AM
If you took the time to look up many of the organizations that Chick-fil-A donates money to, you will find that they are Christian based and each one of them does great things to help out the community and people in need. Some will say that since they are Christian based these organizations are "anti-gay" but that is not the case, as true Christians will treat everyone in equality.
Chick-fil-A donates the most amount of money to an organization they created called Winshape homes which gives homes, a family, and food to orphaned children. If that is not feeding the hungry then what is?

rdlangston13
08-03-2012, 09:20 AM

Organizations specifically formed for an anti gay agenda or just Christian organization that by default are anti gay? I don't even know of a specifically anti gay organization... Maybe I live under a rock though.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
08-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't mind gay people, just don't want to have to watch them on tv everytime I turn it on.

The world is getting over populated, maybe what we need is more gay people ahahahahahahaaaa

moombadaze
08-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Were planning to all order lunch from there today

wolfeman131
08-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Maybe I live under a rock though.

I found that I do when I begain to investigate this situation. One of the fringe organizations that a fractional amount of money was donated to by WinShape is Exodus International. Google it for yourself.

Unfortunately, folks have gone to great extremes to connect some dots that just aren't there. They have manipulated the facts to create a controversy that simply isn't there and worked to create a divide amoungst people which is directly counter to what they claim to stand for. The over-dramatization of simple things is the new way of our world. It is why I refuse to watch the news.

sandm
08-03-2012, 09:52 AM
I like pie. :)

wolfeman131
08-03-2012, 10:07 AM
I like pie. :)

So, you discriminate against cake?

rdlangston13
08-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Chik-fil-a has good lemon pie

sandm
08-03-2012, 11:04 AM

Yes. I dont like boston cream pie either. Its made too far north.

KG's Supra24
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM
cbboarder, precisely ... to escape religious persecution ... to start a country where everyone is free to choose their own religion and where there is a separation between the churches and the country, not a foundation in a religion.

"The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the christian religion" Treaty of Tripoli signed under George Washington's presidency.

I mentioned the charities to try to explain the recent events of the past weeks. It wasn't to establish whether or not Chickfila stands for "traditional" marriage or against gay-marriage. Cathy made that clear. But to further his comments, the charities don't help. Some others besides Exodus ... Marriage and Family Foundation, Georgia Family Council, and Family Research Council, which is a certified anti-gay hate group. So yes, actually anti-gay groups.

The many that supported chickfila on Wed did so as christians who support traditional marriage and don't believe gays deserve marital rights. Whether that's how the appreciation day started is debatable, but whether or not that's why people showed up doesn't seem quite as debatable, as evidenced by this thread and other social venues. Yes, I agree, though, it blew up via the media but despite where it started I thought it was clear what it had become about. I could be the one living under a rock, though?

What do someones religious beliefs and a state recognized legal contract have to do with one another? I have no clue.

At the end of the day, equality for the gay community is going to happen and chickfila is going to continue serving chicken loved by many ... and I'm good with both.

KG's Supra24
08-03-2012, 11:08 AM
.... and I'm not a big fan of pie.

spyder
08-03-2012, 11:11 AM

depends on the icing

WaterBullDawg1980
08-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Please. .. like the agenda behind wedding cake isn't obvious. Standing up tall all high and mighty with all that white icing and vanilla cake. #KeepingABrothaDown

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KG's Supra24
09-19-2012, 11:30 AM
There seems to be a change in headline titles regarding the subject now .... :rolleyes:

sandm
09-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I still like pie..

http://dump4free.com/preview/2/Pie%20motivational-poster-%20(13).jpg

sandm
09-20-2012, 10:00 AM
and the almighty dollar wins again...

The Los Angeles Times reports that "Chick-fil-A will no longer donate money to anti-gay groups or discuss hot-button political issues after an executive's controversial comments this summer landed the fast-food chain in the middle of the gay marriage debate.

Executives agreed in recent meetings to stop funding groups opposed to same-sex unions, including Focus on the Family and the National Organization for Marriage, according to Chicago Alderman Proco Joe Moreno."

The agreement, the story suggests, will lead to local officials not indulging in anti-Chick-fil-A rhetoric and suggesting that the chain would not fit into cities with, shall we say, a more liberal electorate.

The controversy began this summer when CEO Dan Cathy said that he supported what he called "the Biblical definition" of marriage, and suggested that he would support organizations that took that position.

As the Times writes, "Supporters swarmed restaurants around the country in early August, as protesters gathered outside, for Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, launched by former presidential candidate and conservative Mike Huckabee.

"A report from LGBT advocacy group Equality Matters found that from 2003 to 2009, Chick-fil-A donated more than $3 million to Christian groups that oppose homosexuality. In 2010, the fast-food company gave nearly $2 million to such causes, according to the report."

Now, the story says, the company has said it "will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas."

wolfeman131
09-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Do you still like pie?

sandm
09-20-2012, 01:19 PM
yes, but I did have a piece of cake at our building meeting yesterday since my bday was in september.. I felt like I was cheating on pie..