PDA

View Full Version : Trailer caliper seized, need part advice

z28ke
08-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Its a 2008 single axle boatmate trailer and I need to replace the caliper and rotor.

What size rotor do i need? I won't have a chance to measure it till next week and want to get the parts on order.

I assume the stock calipers are ufc, is there a specific one I need besides left side?

Where would you suggest ordering the parts from?

Thanks for any help, I want to get back on the water asap after my beach trip!! I'm sure you guys know the feeling

KG's Supra24
08-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Just ordered the whole assembly ... caliper, pads, rotor, trailing arm ....

I would email about your trailer specifically. Have your vin when you email. This is in reference to a 2006:

"A new caliper with pads is 65-2132L or 65-2132R (left or right) and is $79.75, plus shipping."

"A new rotor (includes bearings, races, and a seal) is also $79.75.

You might want to consider just replacing the entire trailing arm assembly. It is $205.00 and includes all of the above, plus the trailing arm / spindle and bearing cap. It comes completely lubricated, pre-assembled, and ready to bolt on. Just disconnect the brake line, remove the pinch bolt on the old trailing arm, slide on the new one, install the pinch bolt, and connect the brake line / bleed the brakes."

I would contact [email protected].

mnpracing
08-01-2012, 01:14 PM
pacifictrailers.com has all the UFC parts at decent prices, and shipping is quick.

rdlangston13
08-01-2012, 01:22 PM
UFP*** i just did this and went through pacific, wish i would have gone through boat mate cause i need a new trailing arm

eseebeck
08-01-2012, 02:46 PM
why not just disassemble release caliper and reassemble. I just did mine, took 15 minutes and I am back in business. the hardest part was having someone move the truck and trailer to make brakes actuate and make sure they were releasing properly.

on a seperate note, these trailer brakes are junk. bad design, right from the start

z28ke
08-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I would rather replace since I drove about 20 miles with it locked up, blued the rotor and all. I'll look into the whole assembly but doubt my vault bearing needs replacing.

rdlangston13
08-02-2012, 01:53 PM
the seals on my caliper were cracked and dry rotted all to hell. and the piston was completely rusted. i would rather replace with known good parts and be done with it.