PDA

View Full Version : Fulton winch and F2 Jack group buy: ordering instructions

brain_rinse
08-01-2012, 12:31 PM
The group buy is a go and we are ready to place orders. There are 2 different items available for purchase, and of course your are welcome to purchase both if you'd like.
1.) Fulton F2 Jack and adapter plate: $156 + actual shipping charges
2.) Fulton 1400 Winch: $50 + actual shipping charges

To calculate your shipping costs use the UPS site with the following information:
1.) The jack and plate will be 20# in a 26” x 10” x 6” box.
2.) The winch will be 12# and in a 8” x 8” x 8” box.
Items will ship from zip 37801. The jack and winch must be shipped separately to ensure safe arrival.

I need to place each order and pay with my credit card. I will place your order once I receive payment via Paypal - danpowers at hotmail dot com. If there actual shipping charges vary by more than a few bucks I will reimburse the difference or request an addition payment. (Last year I lost money doing this and would prefer to just come out even if possible.) Please either send payment as a gift or add the 3% fee.

mmandley
08-02-2012, 07:25 PM
OK Dan, sorry im not smart enough to figure out the web site to understand my shipping costs. i live at 97111 and im just getting the winch. If you have a minute to calculate that i can do the paypal request bro.

Thanks

sandm
08-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Id be down for this but wont be back until sunday. Hope thats ok.

KSmith
08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
After long and hard consideration I am not going to participate in the F2 jack group buy. I have been given a challenge to lose 75 pounds by next August. If I can meet or exceed that target weight loss I have been given authorization by my most wonder wife to begin negotiations to purchase a new Supra Launch 21V or 22V, which happen to come with the F2 jack. So Drew, let's talk :-)

jjolson
08-02-2012, 08:56 PM
OK Dan, sorry im not smart enough to figure out the web site to understand my shipping costs. i live at 97111 and im just getting the winch. If you have a minute to calculate that i can do the paypal request bro.

Thanks

Package 1
UPS Ground
19.91 USD
Delivery Area Surcharge - Extended

2.00 USD
Fuel Surcharge

1.75 USD
Charges Per Package 23.66 USD
Shipment Total: 23.66 USD

wolfeman131
08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
So Drew, let's talk :-)

Kraig,

That's some GREAT motivation! Best of luck with the endeavor. You should start a thread u der the Off Topic section so you can keep us posted and we can cheer you on.

Let's see, you make it by next Aug then have a few months to sell off the OBV and we ink a deal at the 2014 Boat Show. Sounds like a near perfect plan.

kaneboats
08-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I have been given a challenge to lose 75 pounds by next August. If I can meet or exceed that target weight loss I have been given authorization by my most wonder wife to begin negotiations to purchase a new Supra Launch 21V or 22V

I'll drink to that!

brain_rinse
08-03-2012, 12:10 PM
I'll be placing the first order at 2:30 CST today! If you haven't sent payment through yet get it in and be part of the first round. Next order will be placed later next week.

Boonejeepin
08-03-2012, 12:32 PM
PayPal sent for F2 jack and shipping.

Sent as a gift to avoid fees.

Let me know if there are any issues with receiving the funds.

Thanks!!!!

wolfeman131
08-03-2012, 12:43 PM
paypal sent.

brain_rinse
08-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Eric and Drew can you post or email your shipping address? When you send payments as a gift PayPal strips out your address info apparently.

wolfeman131
08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
tried to send you a PM. Got this:

brain_rinse has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove brain_rinse from the recipient list and send the message again.

brain_rinse
08-03-2012, 02:29 PM
tried to send you a PM. Got this:

brain_rinse has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove brain_rinse from the recipient list and send the message again.
I disabled PMs and am just using the email function. Could never keep the messages below the limit, especially with group buys.

Iowa05LSV
08-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Sent via email.

brain_rinse
08-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Last call before I hit send on round 1! CigarsNScotch, mmandley, viking, tarheelskier, KCmobius, kg's supra24, salyers, ga-lsv05, krak, dubwake21, EricU, you all expressed interest - just need to see the money to make it official.

KRAK
08-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm out. Shipping and duties are too much :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
08-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Paid now order and ship my chit man LOL

RobertJ
08-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Can I get in if I pay quickly?

Cigars n scotch
08-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Ugghhh I totally forgot about this. Sorry dude. I see round one is over, not sure you're picking up the slackers but if you are let me know. I will check this thread more often.

If you're done then it's totally cool, I am an ass for forgetting.

I checked UPS site and it looks like for UPS ground my shipping cost would be roughly $20 (I'd put in a few more dollars just to be safe), so total for me would be $176+$3 to be safe so $180. Sound about right Dan?

brain_rinse
08-07-2012, 11:51 AM
The seller just likes to group orders together so they don't get lost in the shuffle. So when I say round 1 is over it just means you might have to wait a few days for some additional orders to roll in for round 2. Mmandley, got your money, RobertJ, send it through and I will order Friday, CnS, sounds good!

Anyone else interested can get their money in and I'll place round 2 order on Friday this week.

Cigars n scotch
08-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Dan I'll send it tonight when I get home from work. Thanks.

Ian Brantford
08-08-2012, 02:16 AM
WARNING regarding the adapter plate! Due to scheduling limitations, I went ahead and bought my own F2 jack and adapter plate, plus the F2 (two-speed version) winch, separately last month.

1. The adapter plate that Boatmate shipped me did not have a 1/2" hole drilled in the center to allow for the old single bolt of the OEM jack. That caused delays as I scrambled to borrow the right gear to drill it out.

2. The lock washers are very soft! I recommend that you buy others from your local shop. Two of the four washers crushed out from under the bolt heads. I didn't notice it happening the first time. The bolt head came down crooked and the bolt broke off in the plate. I caught it happening again on a second one and managed to back out the bolt before it broke.

WARNING regarding the F2 winch!

3. I found that the hole for the handle's bolt was drilled out slightly too large, allowing the steel sleeve that allows the handle to spin to slip slightly inside, deforming the sleeve and bolt and preventing the handle from turning. The similar hardware on the F2 jack was not similarly impaired. Adding a washer between the handle and the crank should prevent the problem.

4. Also, the winch ships with only short bolts. The OEM bolts are 4", but the new winch has much thicker metal. You'll need to buy 4.5" bolts to install it.

Despite various attempts and trips to the hardware store before and during my vacation, I still don't have my new F2 jack or winch fully installed. <grumble> The main hardware appears to be awesome. The fiddly bits can prevent one from performing a simple bolt-on installation.

I took photographs of the above issues 2 and 3. I just haven't caught up enough to offload them and send them to the manufacturers yet. Hopefully this post will help the rest of you avoid such obstacles to F2 happiness.

Cigars n scotch
08-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Dan, my payment has been sent.

Justin
2008 Supra 21V
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gus 08 mobius lsv
08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
hey dan is the deadline over for round 2 i was thinking about ordering the winch a while back but never pulled the trigger on it

brain_rinse
08-12-2012, 11:09 PM
hey dan is the deadline over for round 2 i was thinking about ordering the winch a while back but never pulled the trigger on it
order isn't final until tomorrow so hustle! :)

gus 08 mobius lsv
08-14-2012, 12:27 AM
ok i just got back from vacation last night and seen this group buy guess i'm a little too late cause i'm not sure how to send a pay pal gift

Cigars n scotch
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Hey Dan, when you place the order are you providing us with tracking numbers?

When are you making round 2's orders?

brain_rinse
08-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I'll send out tracking info as soon as it's provided to me. We had a ton of orders so the mfg is working hard to get them all put together. I'll update this thread with any info as soon as I have it.

Iowa05LSV
08-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Should the jack and winch from the first orders still be pending? I've not received either so I just want to verify this is expected.
Thanks,
Iowa05LSV

brain_rinse
08-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Update: I will have tracking numbers for all the first rounders on Monday or Tuesday. I have the actual shipping charges as well so I'll review and let you know if we are off either direction.

sybrmike
08-18-2012, 02:12 PM
FYI - Fulton's customer service is great! I put the F2 winch and jack on my trailer during the rebuild & the winch handle grip went missing after the 2nd time out (think some jackwad took it while parked at the ramp cause it's nylocked on). Contacted Fulton via their website to purchase a replacement & they sent me a new winch arm, handle, & hardware at no charge.

In my correspondence I also mentioned that the retaining clip on the jack doesn't hold the handle up very well while trailering, so they also included a new clip and roll pin. Looks like the same clip (kinda cheesy plastic), but at least they tried.

Cigars n scotch
08-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Update: I will have tracking numbers for all the first rounders on Monday or Tuesday. I have the actual shipping charges as well so I'll review and let you know if we are off either direction.

First round was back on 8/3 no? That seems like a long time to place the order and get tracking #'s, what about folks like myself who were in 2nd rd? I'm not trying to come at you, I know organizing a GB is a lot of work, I'm just trying to plan. I have an extremely busy next few weeks coming up and was trying to slot this install in.

Thanks.

Justin
2008 Supra 21V

brain_rinse
08-20-2012, 10:27 PM
You make a good point. The vendor is apologetic but it is far too long to wait. If anyone after the first round wants out just say the word and I'll refund. It's an extremely reputable vendor so I'm sure they will follow through, but I would expect delays.

brain_rinse
08-22-2012, 05:57 PM
All first round orders and tracking numbers have been sent to your paypal email addresses. Invoices appear to be lining up perfectly with estimated costs as well. Again, apologies on behalf of the vendor for the delay. Oh, and enjoy your new Fulton gear!

If anyone else wants in I will submit a final order at the end of this week.

Boonejeepin
08-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks for sending the tracking # and thanks for putting the group buy together.

mmandley
08-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks for sending the tracking # and thanks for putting the group buy together.

What he said Dan. Thanks I got my tracking numbers today

brain_rinse
08-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Hey, I'm always happy to help spend others' money! I started seeing delivery notifications today so you round 1 guys should have your gear soon.

wolfeman131
08-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Looky what I found on the front porch this morning. Thx Dan!

Boonejeepin
08-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Extended shipping times seem to be another joy of living in the NW. I can't wait to install and give my back a break. Using the original jack is torturous. The XLV hangs over where the jack
Is mounted and I have get into awkward angles.

Thanks again for putting this together.

brain_rinse
08-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Group buy is now closed. Good luck with all the new gear! Any issues please email me right away.

Cigars n scotch
09-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Got my pkg so thank you. It'll be a while before I can install it September is a ridiculously busy month for me.

Justin
2008 Supra 21V