PDA

View Full Version : Making it harder for Canadians to get fair pricing on wake gear

loudsubz
07-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Tried to order a Vest off Evo and noticed that they now will not ship Liquid Force outside the US anymore. Last summer I bought a LF wakeboard from them so it must have been changed recently. I talked to them about it and they said they were getting hounded by Ronix and LF about shipping orders over the boarder.

It sucks for me because anything local is a rip off and they hate to price match because they always bring up the excuse about shipping and duties, which is absurd when I can get a Vest for $100 taxes and duty included and the same thing up here is closer to $200.

spyder
07-31-2012, 11:04 PM
Tried to order a Vest off Evo and noticed that they now will not ship Liquid Force outside the US anymore. Last summer I bought a LF wakeboard from them so it must have been changed recently. I talked to them about it and they said they were getting hounded by Ronix and LF about shipping orders over the boarder.

It sucks for me because anything local is a rip off and they hate to price match because they always bring up the excuse about shipping and duties, which is absurd when I can get a Vest for $100 taxes and duty included and the same thing up here is closer to $200.

yep, been there..my triple x board deal was killed by duty/brokerage. unreal.

Grant M
07-31-2012, 11:26 PM
yep, been there..my triple x board deal was killed by duty/brokerage. unreal.

I feel your pain of the brokerage fees but there is a way around them. All you end up paying is duty and taxes which is fair.
http://trueler.com/2010/09/13/ups-brokerage-fees-total-scam-fraud-cheating-avoid-it/

http://avoidbrokeragefee.blogspot.ca/2011/03/welcome.html

If UPS charges a flat $10.00 brokerage fee I would be OK with it but they do abuse you with their fees IMHO.

spyder
07-31-2012, 11:29 PM
I feel your pain of the brokerage fees but there is a way around them. All you end up paying is duty and taxes which is fair.
http://trueler.com/2010/09/13/ups-brokerage-fees-total-scam-fraud-cheating-avoid-it/

http://avoidbrokeragefee.blogspot.ca/2011/03/welcome.html

If UPS charges a flat $10.00 brokerage fee I would be OK with it but they do abuse you with their fees IMHO.

i know there are work arounds, but i was in a rush to get the board.. either way, i would have to be seriously inconvenienced to get to the UPS distribution place to get those papers filled.. they have horrible hours and it's about a 35 minute drive away for me.. in the end, it would of been better to save some money and just wait.. but i am impatient ;(

on a $300 board, i had $91 brokerage/duty.. INSANE! PLUS $34 SHIPPING!

wolfeman131
07-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Look at it this way, you got a real nice board for under $500. That's not too bad!

chawk610
08-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Yea... but what black hole is that 91.00 dollars falling into. Seems excessive!

sandm
08-01-2012, 08:36 AM
I've shipped to canada 2x with ebay sales and both times, it cost me extra money above what I charged them for shipping for some duty bs.. seems that there's some racket to make extra money when it should be as easy as shipping an item..

spyder
08-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I've shipped to canada 2x with ebay sales and both times, it cost me extra money above what I charged them for shipping for some duty bs.. seems that there's some racket to make extra money when it should be as easy as shipping an item..

the racket is, UPS and all the couriers basically went and bought up all the brokerage houses. so they are basically double dipping.

wolfeman131
08-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Yea... but what black hole is that 91.00 dollars falling into. Seems excessive!

you shut your pie hole until I see a new ride in your slip!

chawk610
08-01-2012, 10:59 AM
JEEZ! Ok. I've never been quiet that long though.

see.. I already blew it.

loudsubz
08-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't mind paying the duties as long as I am shipping USPS if its not time sensitive. The issue for me is the fact that they won't even ship the item anymore so there is very limited brands that are allowed to ship outside the US.

That forces me to use other means now.

spyder
08-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I don't mind paying the duties as long as I am shipping USPS if its not time sensitive. The issue for me is the fact that they won't even ship the item anymore so there is very limited brands that are allowed to ship outside the US.

That forces me to use other means now.

and most only want to ship UPS if they do go out of the country.. :/

saskyrider
08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
My bro on law lives just north of the border but they have a mailbox in scobey montana, I just get stuff shipped to them and she brings it across for me.. Screw UPS. Biggest bunch of crooks out there!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk