PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPod Bluetooth Remote

tgoody14
07-30-2012, 05:42 PM
I just ordered this wireless remote (Bluetooth) for iPhone/iPods and thought someone else might be interested in something like this. I don't have any kind of head unit in my 04 Outback, but play all my music off my iPhone thru my amps Aux Input. When everyone is in the water behind the boat and we want to change the song or adjust the volume we can't, because it's obviously WAY too much energy to climb back in the boat... Now I'll just mount the remote to the back somewhere out of the way and end that problem! Now I just need to find something to toss the cold beverages out of the cooler... Haha
Anyway, I thought if anyone else has a set up like mine I would just pass this info along!!

http://www.satechi.net/index.php/satechi-bluetooth-remote-control

bergermaister
06-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Now I just need to find something to toss the cold beverages out of the cooler... Haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36pr0t7hntI

mgerbos
06-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Looks Cool. I could use something like this. Right now I have my IPhone plugged into the aux port next to the head unit. I cable is short and I am finding myself reaching into the glove box to change the song. This may very well be the cure. Let me know how it works out.

tgoody14
06-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Berg- NIIIIIIIICEEEE!!! On a windy day with the boat rockin that would be a game in itself trying to catch the wildly thrown beers

Mgerbos- I used it all last year, never had an issue, loved it
Sold the boat and it went with it...

mgerbos
06-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Just put in an order for one. Sounds like a sweet deal.

tgoody14
06-11-2013, 04:41 PM
I think you'll really like it! Saves a lot of shuffling around in the boat to change songs!
I put a strip of Velcro on the back of the remote and along the back edge of the transom so I could set it down and it not move while we're in the water behind the boat

saskyrider
06-15-2013, 12:42 AM
ya sorry, when i read back through that it really didn't make that much sense... but you guys came through with the answers i needed anyways... currently i use my Galaxy S3 but i have an ipod touch that just sits around... with this remote you suggested i could just use the ipod and that remote to accomplish what i'm trying to do..

thanks

mgerbos
06-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Quick Update:

Just got my Satechi on Friday and had it out on the water all weekend. Love it. Pairing took all of 2 minutes. Hook up the Iphone to the Aux port, turn on the remote and the rest is history. Closed the glovebox too and had no problems with reception.

tgoody14
06-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Quick Update:

Just got my Satechi on Friday and had it out on the water all weekend. Love it. Pairing took all of 2 minutes. Hook up the Iphone to the Aux port, turn on the remote and the rest is history. Closed the glovebox too and had no problems with reception.

Good to hear! I thought it was perfect for my little setup since I never used anything other than my iPod for music with no transom remote!