PDA

View Full Version : Were is Al(cab13367) when you need him

jester
07-30-2012, 12:07 PM
oo wait a click away. I have to say thank you for all the help Al gave me the other day in getting my old prop off and the new one on. Also Al why did you not tell me to get the new prop sooner? I got the 1847 prop and took it out this weekend. Not only did my hole shot improve I also got some top end speed. When I had 9 people in the boat before it took a bit to get up to speed but not I am up and going without even knowing what happened. I went to this prop because Al was running it and I could not be happier with it.

cab13367
07-30-2012, 03:32 PM
oo wait a click away. I have to say thank you for all the help Al gave me the other day in getting my old prop off and the new one on. Also Al why did you not tell me to get the new prop sooner? I got the 1847 prop and took it out this weekend. Not only did my hole shot improve I also got some top end speed. When I had 9 people in the boat before it took a bit to get up to speed but not I am up and going without even knowing what happened. I went to this prop because Al was running it and I could not be happier with it.

Mike,

You're welcome - glad I was able to troubleshoot the problem remotely. And also glad the new prop is working out for you!

For everyone else's benefit, Mike was trying to remove his prop by hitting the back of the prop puller with a rubber mallet. I told him to use a hammer or a small sledge instead of the rubber mallet and as soon as he did that, it popped right off after a couple hits.

wolfeman131
07-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Nice deal there, Al!

jester
07-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks Al, I really did not want to put that part out to the forms. In my thinking I did not want to use a hammer or small sledge since I hit my thumbs all the time and did not want to damage a perfectly good prop by missing.

cab13367
07-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Oops, I guess a disclaimer is in order - I am not responsible for damage caused to your thumb or your prop should you follow this procedure :)