PDA

View Full Version : Boat wont hold a start after it has been warmed up

thomasob
07-28-2012, 04:28 PM
I have had a problem getting the 06 Outback V to start after already having been run during the day. The motor will turn over but it seems like it isnt getting good fuel flow, and it will simply die out quickly (throttle is no help when this issue happens, it wont take the fuel). It has now happened four times. After the third time I changed the in-line fuel filter, but that was not the problem as the same thing has happened since.

If I wait a little while the boat has started again and run fine. It has never sputtered or seemed like the fuel flow was impaired other than the occasions when we have tried to start it after it has been sitting for a little while. The problem has never occurred on the first start attempt when cold, only on subsequent starts after running the boat.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

lewisb13
07-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Vapor lock. Pour water on your fuel pump. And whenever you run the boat for more than 15 minutes leave the engine hatch wide open. I usually take an "adult beverage" can, fill it with lake water and pour it all over the pump. The boat will start right up.

moombahighrider
07-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Lewisb13 is spot on...

If you want more info, do a search for vapor lock. You'll get plenty of detail.