PDA

View Full Version : New Speakers

stang67
07-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Just wanted to share with everyone, last night i replaced the stock speakers (crap) With Infinity Kappa 602m. They sound extremly good. I can now hear my music while driving (or while others are riding) Because i normally am the driver till im out boarding. It was definitly worht the money. I have a friend that gets dealer pricing so i spent a total of $150 dollars. I also have the Inifinty tower speakers with the PA system on order. Keeps me from having to yell while trying to instruct new riders. Hope they have the awesome Infinity sound.

jchamlee
07-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Sweet. Where did you order the PA from? I have been wanting to hook up a PA system for a while now.

stang67
07-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Infinity has the built in PA system. I believe they are on backorder. I got mine through a friend that works at Circuit City because he can get a deal on the Infinity setup.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jGbgzFWkXcc/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=228350&I=1086100M

This is the link to the setup though crutchfield. Its two sets of speakers the PA microphone and the amp.

qb12
07-19-2005, 12:14 PM
stang, i tried to use those same speakers but they would not fit the same existing hole. took them back. however found out later that i could have bought some adapters to keep from drilling a new holes from this forum.

i must agree with you, they sounded kick a***

hopefully next spring change out everything with new including tower speakers.

db, tulsa

05mobiusxlv
07-20-2005, 02:30 AM
Are you still using the deck to power them new speakers? Do you have a newer moomba with them ugly gray kenwood 6 1/2's? I'm not impressed with them at all. And really want to upgrade. Thats an awesome price, The cheapest i could find them for is about $325 for all 6. Does anyone know were i could get a better price then that?

stang67
07-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Yes it is still stock radio. I know the 325 seems like a lot. Boaters world has them at $99.99 a pair. Those ugly grey stock ones, they arent even kennwood. They are something weird ive never even heard of. Nautadyne or something like that. It says it on the back of the speaker. The new infinities as i said make a world of a difference.

Lake Bound
07-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Stang67 I was reading in one of the post that these speakers did not fit into the stock holes. Did you have any problems with the installation? I want to order and put in Saturday as I am leaving for a week and thaought this would be a nice addition to the boat. Thanks for the info in advance.

stang67
07-20-2005, 01:12 PM
I think the post that said the speakers wouldnt fit in the stock holes was talking about the screws. The screws came extremly close to fitting in stock holes. One of the four screws was placed in the hole and using the screws included with the new speakers i was able to easily handscrew new holes. These new holes were within an 8th of an inch to the existing holes. Not a big deal for me as the white speaker cover looks a ton better as well as sound better. As for the speaker itself it fits nicly in the stock holes.

Lake Bound
07-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the info, I ordered two pairs from Boaters World. They were $149.00 a pair but no sales tax so that helped. Happy Boating.

stang67
07-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Awesome letme know how they sound when you install them. Hope you will be as stoked as me

Lake Bound
07-20-2005, 05:23 PM
I will, I would like to add tower speakers not sure why except they look cool. I usaully am not the one to like to hear music across the lake. It is hard to justify around 900.00 for tower speakers.

stang67
07-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Well you could always watch some of those cans on ebay. Im sure the pioneers will send the sound out to the rider as well as look good. There was actually a brand new malibu LSV on the river today and he just had a pair of sony tower speakers, i could hear them as i drove by and they had their music playing. They look cool as well. There are options out there take a look. They cans and speakers have buy it nows around $300 to $400 and some going around $250. Keep an eye out

seanpatsdad
07-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Ithought our speakers were 5.25" I have a 04 Mob LSV.If they are 6.25 that will make it easier.Seems like there is more of them on the market than the 5.25.Thanks for the help.
John

Lake Bound
08-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Well Stang you were correct. Just got back from vacation and the Infinety speakers sounded awesome. They are so much clearer than the cheap stock ones. Per the previous post our speakers are 6.5's but I have an Outbacl LS and I am not sure if the speakers vary in size on different model boats. The installation was simple as well 2 to 3 of the existing holes could be used and I only had to drill a couple of holes. Well hopefully now I can get the tower speakers.