PDA

View Full Version : 2013 LSV officically ORDERED

lewisb13
07-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Well went and dropped off the last of my deposit money today and picked out all the options. Let me just say one thing before I get into the goodies. Rinker's Boat World in Houston, Tx did an absolutely amazing job with this deal. I was considering an Axis A22 from a nearby dealer and let me tell you my dealings with both dealerships were night and day. I basically sent my stats over, and seriously within a couple hours Chris (my salesmen) had the deal closed. Easiest experience Ive ever had buying a big ticket item, and didnt feel "dirty" walking out of there. My "spray date" is the 3rd or 4th week in August, so Im hoping to have the boat before Labor Day. I still have time to make some last minute changes, which Im going to do some more research on. Prop size and colors are TBD, I just have to finalize those by tuesday. No XLV for 2013. Running bottom on the LSV is exactly the same as the 2012, literally all they did was increase the deck height. The ski/surf platform is standard for 13 and you dont even have the option to downgrade to the old swim platform. The hard tank in the middle is expandable to the bow filler bag that the new pickle fork supra has. The cooler is just a drop in bag thing like a lot of the other manufacturers are doing, this is so you can put ballast where a cooler would be. No more V2 tower at all and no G5 bimini option at all. I got a galvanized tandem axle trailer. I know Im rambling, ask any questions you'd like.....

jmvotto
07-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Congrats on the new order.can't wit to see some pics.

Understand the Xlv is out, but the v2 is gone, two years, they spent money from metacraft for the molds and only offered it for two years.. Ouch, big loss there. Like the S bend on supra one and done .
Is there another tower option other than the Oz.?

bzubke1
07-27-2012, 06:06 PM
What colors?

lewisb13
07-27-2012, 06:08 PM
No other option for tower unfortunately.

Congrats on the new order.can't wit to see some pics.

Understand the Xlv is out, but the v2 is gone, two years, they spent money from metacraft for the molds and only offered it for two years.. Ouch, big loss there. Like the S bend on supra one and done .
Is there another tower option other than the Oz.?

lewisb13
07-27-2012, 06:09 PM
What colors?

I haven't picked my yet but its probably going to be white and baby blue.

Mobius22
07-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Ouch, big loss there. Like the S bend on supra one and done .

Supra still offers the S Bend I believe, just not on the SA

rdlangston13
07-28-2012, 07:38 AM
That's awesome brad but why a galvanized trailer??? You plan on running that baby in salt???

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

jmvotto
07-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Supra still offers the S Bend I believe, just not on the SA

That's good to know.

mmandley
07-28-2012, 09:05 AM
I suspect all the negative press about using the v2 tower, so many called it a Malibu wanna be and dogged on the brand for taking it. Also from a distance the untrained eye will think its a Malibu and thats just more free advertising to the wrong brand.

lewisb13
07-28-2012, 12:23 PM
That's awesome brad but why a galvanized trailer??? You plan on running that baby in salt???

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

So if you Google "satsuma, al" that's where I came from. From detroit originally. Although its 15 miles inland from the gulf the water is still slightly brackish. I learned from my 05 lsv that these trailers can't handle even a slight amount of salinity. Since my wife is from there and all our friends are there I went with galvanized. I still may get it painted when its all said and done but boat mate does not offer this as an option. I'm gonna call them Monday because I know they'll do it after the fact

jmvotto
07-28-2012, 10:11 PM
I suspect all the negative press about using the v2 tower, so many called it a Malibu wanna be and dogged on the brand for taking it. Also from a distance the untrained eye will think its a Malibu and thats just more free advertising to the wrong brand.

I hear ya mike, but not sure whining from the Malibu crew is worth scrapping an investment. The option is premium and certainly worth it IMO. Just not sure sure going from two options to one is good, but the luxury boat is gone as well. Trying to really seperate supra and Moomba. If the v2 was not an option last year, we would have bought a supra or another mfg, prolly a bu....

Sorry to hi jack the thread lewisb,

Back to the new LSV..