PDA

View Full Version : Loving my new ski!

ChrisK
07-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Last night I had my first set on my new to me Connelly F1 with double Vision wraps. After just the first set I'm in love, I now have the slalom bug all over again! I upgraded from a Connelly Concept and the difference is out of this world.

Anyone else on an F1 or skied one in the past?

BensonWdby
07-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Interesting. As a former Connelly guy - for 20 years - Shorlline and Concept - I was steered away from the F1 by some coaches - but I think it was relative to how I ski. I had a friend that owned an older one and had to go to the F1X becasue he could not manage the F1 easily.

What is it about the F1 that you like?

I just picked up an HO A2.

ChrisK
07-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with other variables that changed for me. I weigh over 200 lbs. and I'm not into shortline yet and I think my old Concept was a little small for me. The F1 is an inch longer so I think that played a part. Also, on the Concept I had double hinge tech boots which were terribly uncomfortable. Now that I have double wraps the whole skiing experience was much more enjoyable.

As far as the ski goes, just on that first opening set I really felt confident in its abilities over mine, if that makes any sense. I was really ripping some turns like I haven't been able to do in a few years. The ski was holding on, I wasn't able to because I'm just not used to that anymore. The Concept always felt like it wanted to stand up rather than hold through the corner, and it felt real sluggish coming across the second wake.

I bet that A2 is a blast

BensonWdby
07-28-2012, 12:14 AM
The best ski ever is the last one you had a great set on.

The A2 is very fast - when skied correctly.

I am a good example of how a great ski does not make a great skier.....

deerfield
07-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Anyone else on an F1 or skied one in the past?

Chris - I ski the F1X w/ double Vision wraps. A step down from your ski. It works well for me. - Stuart

ChrisK
07-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Stuart, I've noticed you're over in the Chicago area correct? Ever skied at the Nationals site in Wilmington? I've been there a few times through skiing collegiate for the University of Missouri. That's an awesome venue.