PDA

View Full Version : 2004 wakesetter for 9k

sandm
07-26-2012, 08:17 PM
anybody want a project boat :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MALIBU-WAKESETTER-VLX-Wrecked-Salvage-Damaged-Rebuildable-Boat-Rebuilder-FIRE-/150858915285?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item231fe45dd5#ht_31005wt_1165

sandm
07-26-2012, 08:20 PM
or perhaps a sweet correct craft ski boat...

note the modifications to the passenger side hull...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-NAUTIQUE-210-TEAM-Wrecked-Damaged-Theft-Recovery-Boat-Rebuildable-Salvage-/160844492210?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item2573142db2#ht_33394wt_1165

loudsubz
07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Even for 9 grand what are you getting?

jester
07-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Sweet you get some fenders and a few life vests..??? They also stole the prop. Now how can that be a clean title?

jester
07-26-2012, 08:55 PM
I also have to think who does this seller think he is. I mean 9K for something that will not float of 15K for something that looks like they wanted to get a wheel chair lift put into. It is sad to see two nice boats like this. Let them die in peace.

spyder
07-26-2012, 10:10 PM
with the correct craft why would the side have two cuts vertically, even if it was a theft recovery.. what was the point?

jmvotto
07-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Really I thought when something was totalled out or insurance it went to the scrap yard to RIP.

The nautique looks like someone decided to have fun with a sawzall

Bu why bother.

spyder
07-26-2012, 11:04 PM
the wakesetter isn't even parts salvageable, it's trash

Boonejeepin
07-27-2012, 12:30 AM
with the correct craft why would the side have two cuts vertically, even if it was a theft recovery.. what was the point?

As an insurance adjuster my first thought is that it's an inside job. Cut the hull to se sure that it is not repaired. It takes a lot of damage to total an expensive boat. Making it unsafe to repair solves the repair vs replace dilemma for the insurance company. No reason for a thief to cut it in that location.

Insurance company sell the salvage of total loss vehicles at auction to the highest bidder. Sometimes just the title is worth $$$$. A not so honest person can use the clean title and find a stolen boat or prior total. A little work and you now have a stolen boat with an altered hull ID with a clean title.

Ok I am jaded.

zabooda
07-27-2012, 01:05 AM
The trailer and maybe the engine is it. Looks like someone tried to save on insurance by not having any.

KSmith
07-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Wow those brands really do hold their value for resale don't they :D

ga-lsv05
07-27-2012, 08:36 AM
That's insane

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

brenpire
07-27-2012, 09:21 AM
As an insurance adjuster my first thought is that it's an inside job. Cut the hull to se sure that it is not repaired. It takes a lot of damage to total an expensive boat. Making it unsafe to repair solves the repair vs replace dilemma for the insurance company. No reason for a thief to cut it in that location.

Insurance company sell the salvage of total loss vehicles at auction to the highest bidder. Sometimes just the title is worth $$$$. A not so honest person can use the clean title and find a stolen boat or prior total. A little work and you now have a stolen boat with an altered hull ID with a clean title.

Ok I am jaded.

X2 some unlucky consumer will end up with a boat not realizing it was rebuilt or a stolen boat with a "clean" title.

NCSUmoomba
07-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Wow, that VLX is trashed. I can't imagine anyone repairing this. I'm not sure I would take it if were free.

The 210 looks like it could be okay, if you have a good fiberglass guy. I know CC is good about keeping parts available. I still don't think I would give more than $2500 for it, probably less, maybe like $1000? I think the local CC dealer here said that a new engine/trans/vdrive from PCM runs around $10,000?

jester
07-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Russ,

I thought I had a bad outlook on life but you really took it to the next level. Now I have in my mind about buying a used boat if someone changed the HIN. knowledge is power but power makes for sleepless nights.

sandm
07-27-2012, 04:30 PM
local tige dealer here was craning off the last load of new boats. crane guy dropped a brand new z3 from 10ft onto asphalt. separated both motor mounts, broke a stringer and several cracks in the top deck that go from one side to the other. tige voided all warranties. dealer bought boat back from insurance company and thinks after 20k in repairs, he'll be in the boat about half of what a new one cost. asked him what he was going to price it as. said it's now the official shop boat, that he couldn't sell it knowing that someone might have problems down the road. wonder how many boats out there have had the same fate and are in the hands of unsuspecting owners. I know it's pretty easy to convert salvage titles on cars to clean titles..

Boonejeepin
07-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Russ,

I thought I had a bad outlook on life but you really took it to the next level. Now I have in my mind about buying a used boat if someone changed the HIN. knowledge is power but power makes for sleepless nights.

Buyer beware!!!

There are too many people out there who love an easy dollar. They love money almost as much as I love being on the water.

jester
07-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Dang it you two. You are not giving me happy thoughts now. I can see an old dealership in our area that would have done that.

Russ, good to know water trumps money and your wife also loves the water so water does not need to trump wife.