PDA

View Full Version : any body done a swivel seat on 05 lsv?

saskie99
07-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Any body done a swivel seat on 05 lsv? This is a mod I would love to have on my boat

ga-lsv05
07-26-2012, 11:38 AM
This may help https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=18683

saskie99
07-26-2012, 12:19 PM
i read that this moring but my 05 driver seat is mounted to the floor.

KINGCOBRA
07-26-2012, 03:38 PM
How hard is it to remove the seat? If you can take it out, then I would say the mod would be nearly the same. Only difference would be mounting it to the floor, but could probably put spacers between the aluminum plate and the floor. Or better yet you could tie in another mod by mounting the sliding rail to the floor and do the rest from there. Not sure what your seat back looks like, but if back is open you would have to check height and other variables to make sure seat could swivel without interference. Where there's a will...

saskie99
07-26-2012, 03:53 PM
I am gonna check it out this weekend as the boat is at lake, but I am buying the swivel in case it works. I am so surprised that no one has done this mod to my model of boat!

ga-lsv05
07-26-2012, 04:13 PM
I am gonna check it out this weekend as the boat is at lake, but I am buying the swivel in case it works. I am so surprised that no one has done this mod to my model of boat!

Never saw the need I guess. Don't know what you're missing if you've never had it lol

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

mnpracing
07-26-2012, 05:32 PM

I did it on my '06 OBV, which I believe is the exact same boat. If I remember correctly, just pull up the main cushion on the seat and unsnap the vinyl on the leading edge of the seat, and it reveals the bolts to remove the seat. I used two SS plates, one to bolt the seat to, and the other to bolt to the slide rails. The swivel was sandwiched between the two plates. Other than that, it was very similar installation as this thread. I used the angled aluminum piece to elevate the rear of the bottom SS plate as well.

saskie99
07-27-2012, 11:24 AM
that is awesome news, so there was no clearence issues? Do you have to use a metal plate or will 3/4 inch treated ply wood work??

mnpracing
07-27-2012, 12:13 PM
that is awesome news, so there was no clearence issues? Do you have to use a metal plate or will 3/4 inch treated ply wood work??

there are clearance issues with the '05. You won't be able to swivel the seat all the way around due to the seat design vs an '07+ LSV, but I didn't care about that. I offset my seat a bit to port to give a little more room to swivel, but you have to be careful where you set the front to back setting, as swiveling the seat can hit the kill switch next to the seat. I personal would use SS or aluminum plating. I used two plates, one to attach to the seat bottom, and the other to attach to the rails. The swivel was sandwiched between the plates.

saskie99
07-27-2012, 12:30 PM
i never even thought for one second about kill switch, hahaa mine has never been pulled off that little kill switch thing just sits there. I j should just hard wire it and be done with it all together. Does your seat go at least 1/4 way around?

saskie99
07-27-2012, 12:33 PM
do you remember how big the plate were?? My boat is at the lake and I am trying to get all the supplies and work on it on the boat lift.

mnpracing
07-27-2012, 12:36 PM
i never even thought for one second about kill switch, hahaa mine has never been pulled off that little kill switch thing just sits there. I j should just hard wire it and be done with it all together. Does your seat go at least 1/4 way around?

I don't remember how far it actually swivelled (previous boat), but I do remember that I was glad I did the mod. It was kind of funny when I sold the boat, the new owner called me from the lake a few days later fuming that the boat kept quitting on him. I asked if it would restart, and he said "yes, it restarts just fine". So I asked him to start it while I was on the phone, then swivel to the right....he says "dammit, it quit again...." I said move the seat back one notch and try it again. He says it stayed running....then I pointed out that the seat was hitting the kill switch.....it was pretty funny....

kaneboats
07-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice over the phone dx. Good story too.

saskie99
07-27-2012, 12:57 PM
that is a brilliant story! hahaahha I am gonna try this mod on sunday and hopefully it goes good.

mnpracing
07-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Nice over the phone dx. Good story too.

There's only one way I knew the likely culprit...

jmvotto
07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
thought about it to my 07 obv but never did because of the clearance isuue, the 05 i believ has a different seat.

here is another mod.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?6896-How-To-Swivel-Seat-Mount...&highlight=swivel+seat

saskie99
07-27-2012, 04:22 PM
the attachments arent there to see anymore but I did use the alum plate size and will go from there!

I will post pics of the finished mod!

dhyams
11-15-2012, 12:49 PM
saskie, did you ever finish this one? I have the same year LSV and I'd love to see how yours turned out.