PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Perfect Pass On/Off button

cpatten
07-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Anyone have intermitten problems with their perfect pass buttons? Went out early today Perfect Pass woundn't turn on; then it started working. It only happens with the on/off button, what an annoyance; i am hooked on PP and can't live without it. Besides sending it in to get rebuilt any ideas?

Nobodyrides4Free
07-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Mine kept shutting on and off. Could it be a power issue?
I found corroded terminals on key ingnition spades and female wire nuts were not tight. LOL that sounds Funny...... Plus I found a cluster of wires that bounced up and down when driving. They were not zip tied, and had been at one time. I spent some time under the dash just lining out wires and securing them. Hope it helps

patrick232
08-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Anyone have intermitten problems with their perfect pass buttons? Went out early today Perfect Pass woundn't turn on; then it started working. It only happens with the on/off button, what an annoyance; i am hooked on PP and can't live without it. Besides sending it in to get rebuilt any ideas?

I had this issue twice this week, I think it had to do with moisture in the display unit. Since my other gauges had moisture in them once they cleared that's about when mine started working again. Hope this is the problem.

kanakry
08-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I had a very similar problem on my ski nautique. The face of the gauge where the buttons are went bad. I called PP and they sent me a new face that just sticks on for $35 plus shipping.

kaneboats
08-10-2012, 12:08 PM
called PP and they sent me a new face that just sticks on

Dang, this would have really helped me in high school. If I had only known about PP.

kanakry
08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Yep if only...