PDA

View Full Version : Steering rattle noise (near steering wheel) on accerlation with load

spyder
07-23-2012, 01:44 PM
hey guys, is it just my steering cable that would cause a sort of rattle noise (near steering wheel) / shaky steering wheel on acceleration with load? it's not everytime, just occasionally.

ga-lsv05
07-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Would probably be the stock prop. Mine vibrates occasionally. As far as the rattle, check all fasteners around the dash area. My cable is shot and I don't have a rattle noise. Lots of play in the wheel tho

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

spyder
07-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Would probably be the stock prop. Mine vibrates occasionally. As far as the rattle, check all fasteners around the dash area. My cable is shot and I don't have a rattle noise. Lots of play in the wheel tho

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

i'll take a look for some loose crap under the dash this weekend, thanks

KSmith
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
i'll take a look for some loose crap under the dash this weekend, thanks

Look specifically at the fiberglass under the dash. Mine had split off under the ignition key panel where they had cut the opening far too big, causes shaky wheel, rattles, and also split the dash material right under the steering wheel where it was flexing too far due do no support underneath on that side. I had to expoxy an aluminium L bar under the broken fiberglass to beyond the break to fix mine.