PDA

View Full Version : First surf session on the new Triple X board

spyder
07-22-2012, 11:23 PM
My Triple X Composite X surfboard arrived Friday, just before I left to go to the lake for the weekend.

All I can say, coming from a Inland Surfer Red Woody.. is wow.. this board is loose with only a single fin. even before I figured out my proper balance for going ropeless I was anxious to give the spins a go... here is the result.

http://youtu.be/ej02VoLUKtY

I have a long ways to go apparently ;-)

jmvotto
07-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Where's the pic? Or vid....

wolfeman131
07-22-2012, 11:41 PM
spyder,

I feel, as I have lived, your pain!

Sorry man, but that gave me a good laugh to end the day. THANKS!

spyder
07-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Where's the pic? Or vid....

embedded ;)

spyder
07-22-2012, 11:48 PM
spyder,

I feel, as I have lived, your pain!

Sorry man, but that gave me a good laugh to end the day. THANKS!

switching boards is always a learning experience ;)

muehlcj
07-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Lookin gooed. Any feed back on the board bow that you've had a chance to use it? Construction, Speed, Size, Weight......?

spyder
07-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Lookin gooed. Any feed back on the board bow that you've had a chance to use it? Construction, Speed, Size, Weight......?

58" board, looks good.. can definitely tell it's not up to par with a company like Inland Surfer, but it feels really well built. and for the price.. i don't think it can be beat.

as for speed.. trying to figure that out still.. i only had one session so far, it was windy the rest of the weekend.

ga-lsv05
07-23-2012, 08:51 AM
A for effort! Looks as though you should slow the boat down a bit though to get a little more drive from the board.

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

spyder
07-23-2012, 08:52 AM
A for effort! Looks as though you should slow the boat down a bit though to get a little more drive from the board.

you know what, i was thinking that.. i ride at 11.2 - 11.5 on the big surf board.. but i just added an extra 750lbs to the boat.. and still ran the same speed...

on the way back to shore when i was driving i dropped it down to 10.5 and the wake looked steep and massive.. i'm going to give it a go this weekend.

ga-lsv05
07-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Yea I usually surf at 9.8-10 gives the wake good height add a little plate to widen the pocket. The smaller boards need a larger wake

spyder
07-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Yea I usually surf at 9.8-10 gives the wake good height add a little plate to widen the pocket. The smaller boards need a larger wake

thanks for the advice.. i'll update after the weekend ;)

kaneboats
07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Some good attempts in there. I love my TripleX but haven't ridden out of a 360 yet either. Soon!

spyder
07-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Some good attempts in there. I love my TripleX but haven't ridden out of a 360 yet either. Soon!

i was never able to spins on a wakeboard either, so i assume it's my balance.. at least you don't need to be afraid of getting hurt on a surfboard :P although I did bump my head and manage to hurt my ankle spinning.. haha!

ga-lsv05
07-23-2012, 03:42 PM
i was never able to spins on a wakeboard either, so i assume it's my balance.. at least you don't need to be afraid of getting hurt on a surfboard :P although I did bump my head and manage to hurt my ankle spinning.. haha!

drink a beer, try again

E4NASH
07-23-2012, 04:52 PM
drink a beer, try again

Like button!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spyder
07-24-2012, 12:30 AM
i probably would of had it dialed (or atleast close) last weekend, but only one session on Saturday morning due to high winds on Saturday and Sunday.

mmandley
07-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Spyder another thing to consider is the Tripple X board has more drag in the water so its slows down really fast.

You might try this set up as well. We have done extensive testing on many ballast combos and always found this works best.

Regular Fill your front bag, fill your surf 400 mid ship bag, fill your 750 bag, and now fill the Goofy V drive with about 300 or so pounds. Now surf that and you should feel a huge difference in push on your wave.

Every time on a Moomba i filled goofy side with a few hundred lbs it gave a lot more push.

Its not always about just leaning the boat over to one side. You have to sink the rear end of the boat down because thats whats dispersing the water out the back and the lean is giving you the wave its self.

This unfortunatle doesnt work as well on Goofy side but i do run mid ship weight on Goofy to help sink the boat a bit more.

In our boat we run a 900+ in the rear corner, 450 under the seats where the cooler used to be. 400 in the ski locker, 650 in the nose, and apx 500 on the goofy V drive.

loudsubz
07-25-2012, 11:03 PM
link to ebay store for the cheap triple x boards?

Are they skim style or surf?

spyder
07-25-2012, 11:11 PM
link to ebay store for the cheap triple x boards?

Are they skim style or surf?

here's the one i picked up
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271013091564

spyder
07-31-2012, 10:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEHOx0q4A60

new video from the weekend session. still no 360s i rode away from..

kaneboats
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
After reading the tutorials from the links that Wolfeman posted yesterday in Berg's thread I think I see something. It looks to me like you are starting just about every attempt by pointing the nose to your left, away from the wake and then back in. According to the expert you need to just turn smoothly into the wake. I hope you go through the tutorial and post your next video. I haven't ridden out of one yet and your attempts look pretty dang good to me so I'd love to see how you progress from here. Great video!

spyder
08-01-2012, 11:14 AM
After reading the tutorials from the links that Wolfeman posted yesterday in Berg's thread I think I see something. It looks to me like you are starting just about every attempt by pointing the nose to your left, away from the wake and then back in. According to the expert you need to just turn smoothly into the wake. I hope you go through the tutorial and post your next video. I haven't ridden out of one yet and your attempts look pretty dang good to me so I'd love to see how you progress from here. Great video!

one thing i did notice from doing attempt after attempt is, lowering your center of gravity and getting low seems to help with the spinning.

bergermaister
08-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Your spins look really strong, heck looked like you were almost able to pull them off without even riding up the wave.

I'll have to work on it some this weekend too. See what happens.

spyder
08-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Your spins look really strong, heck looked like you were almost able to pull them off without even riding up the wave.

I'll have to work on it some this weekend too. See what happens.

you're supposed to ride up the wave?
hrmm.. am i throwing myself too fast/aggressively? or am i doing it right.. also, i think the key is spinning around as fast as you can control it so you don't lose speed and fall out of the pocket.

edit: looking at my best attempt ~1:50 mark.. i see i do ride up the wave a bit...

mmandley
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
My buddy has been working on this and has gotten it 2 times but hes is very agressive, gaining a lot of speed up the wake and then spinning as it crests and riding down the wave.

I really like your style seems more in control and relaxed.

You 2 best attemps i thought were at 46 and 1.56

The rest you eighter spun nose down, or lost it in the spin.