PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Tournaments

deerfield
07-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Today I took a day trip to Wisconsin.

First stop was the site where the national show ski championships will be held in August. The site is located on the Rock River in the town of Janesville. As the picture shows, no action today and for good reason.

Two hours north of Janesville on Wazeecha Lake, my second stop today, the state was holding its four-day ski show championship tournament. Twenty-seven teams are competing for the state title. First time seeing a show. Tons of talent: footing, jumping, entertaining, ballet, comedy, and costumes. Got to see performances by the Aquanuts and Water Bugs.

Next stop...

deerfield
07-21-2012, 10:40 PM
...was the state’s three-event (slalom, trick, jump) championship meet, held on a private lake in the town of Oconomowoc. Nowhere near the crowd that I had just left at the ski show tournament. Hardly any spectators were at the three-event tournament. I was surprised given that it was a state meet. The “crowd” was pretty much limited to athletes, officials, and a few family members and friends.

Lots of driving, but it was a fun day. Hoping to get back to Wisconsin in August to watch the national show ski championships.

wolfeman131
07-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Looks like a great day!

Hoopskier
07-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Stuart, awesome to see you were there. I was buried in that crowd and saw the same shows. I take in a few shows every year. Some clubs always take something to a new level. More people, bigger boats

deerfield
08-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Matt - This coming weekend (8/10 - 8/12) I will be at the National Show Ski Championships in Janesville. Bringing the Outback with me. You going to be around? - Stuart

jmb
08-05-2012, 09:21 PM
The only thing I don't like about these ski shows is they don't want to see a Moomba. It has to be a MC, Nautique or Response. I get a little mad at them down here. Don't even mention the word Moomba here. Bunch of crap if you ask me.

deerfield
08-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Jack - I will give you a run down on the tow boats used for the national tournament. Bet you there will be more than one team using a Moomba. i say that because at the state championship meet Moomba was the tow boat of choice for at least one team. Maybe more, but I was there for only a couple of hours of the three-day event. - Stuart

Hoopskier
08-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Stuart- I wont be at Nationals. I'll probably watch a little bit of it online. Its suppose to be on a webcast.

When it comes to Moomba boats at the waterski show tournaments, they are coming around. Of course the boat will be the Outback. Although I did see a Outback V once. As the Moomba brand gains more of a following like Nautique, MC, or Malibu; you will see more of them. The big three have just been doing it longer.

What brand teams get depends on their finances, local dealer support (and what brand that dealer carrys), and any manufacturer deals. Sometimes they are able to get seasonal leases or demo's. They certainaly are not picking a boat for its features such as stereos, towers, graphics, balllast.

Every team has one of these though; http://www.dyna-ski.com/20club.html

jwpowerslake
08-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Actually the Aquanuts use a Moomba with 3 outboard 150's for their show on Twin Lakes, WI.

Jim
2011 Outback V
Gravity III Ballast

Hoopskier
08-11-2012, 01:02 PM
For those that are into show skiing, the national tournament is takeing place right now in Janesville, WI. For those of use that are unable to make it in person but still want to watch, it is being broadcasted via a webcast, just follow the link http://www.teamusa.org/showski

deerfield
08-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Spent today and yesterday in Janesville WI at Show Ski Nationals. Abundance of talent, including tow boat driving, on display. More than a few 900 HP, triple engine rigs running monster 300 HP Mercury outboards. Pulled thirty plus skiers at a time. Impressive. Also saw a number of teams with Moombas in their tow boat lineups. National title was won by Rock Aqua Jays.

Results:http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/showski/2012D1ShowSkiNationalsResults.pdf