PDA

View Full Version : New Bilge Wiring Problems....

Jeffcv
07-16-2012, 10:57 PM
I recently bought a used 2000 Moomba Outback. It's my first boat and I'm a total newbie. I've replaced the bilge and am not able to get it to work properly. It used to have a separate pump and float, but I bought a new unit with them integrated. There are 3 wires coming from the boat that the old bilge were hooked to. Those 3 wires match the colors of the 3 new bilge wires perfectly. 1 black, 1 brown and 1 brown w/ white stripe.

I simply hooked the corresponding wires together. When I connect the battery, the bilge turns on and will not go off. The bilge switch is off and turning it on or off does nothing, the unit just stays on. There is also no water to pump so nothing to activate the float. The only difference between the old pump and n pump is the necessary fuse. The old pump needed a 2 amp fuse and the new one a 3 amp fuse. But I can't find a fuse box anywhere to change it. Not even sure if that is the problem or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See picture here: http://db.tt/x7cG77Ln

Jeffcv
07-16-2012, 11:29 PM
I recently bought a used 2000 Moomba Outback. It's my first boat and I'm a total newbie. I've replaced the bilge and am not able to get it to work properly. It used to have a separate pump and float, but I bought a new unit with them integrated. There are 3 wires coming from the boat that the old bilge were hooked to. Those 3 wires match the colors of the 3 new bilge wires perfectly. 1 black, 1 brown and 1 brown w/ white stripe.

I simply hooked the corresponding wires together. When I connect the battery, the bilge turns on and will not go off. The bilge switch is off and turning it on or off does nothing, the unit just stays on. There is also no water to pump so nothing to activate the float. The only difference between the old pump and n pump is the necessary fuse. The old pump needed a 2 amp fuse and the new one a 3 amp fuse. But I can't find a fuse box anywhere to change it. Not even sure if that is the problem or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See picture here: http://db.tt/x7cG77Ln

MLA
07-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Try swapping the brown wires. Sounds like the bilge's manual switch B+ is wired to the constant B+.

Nobodyrides4Free
07-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Does it have the Auto option? Is the float stuck in the "On" position. Mine was when I installed it. Or like MLA said switch the wires and see.

Perry154
07-17-2012, 07:55 AM
The fuse isn't the problem. Try swapping the two brown wires

ga-lsv05
07-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I would Double check the float. There is a test knob on the side of mine to manually operate the float.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Jeffcv
07-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Yep! A simple wire swap did the trick! Thanks MLA!

Jeffcv
07-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Thank you Perry154!! That did the trick!