PDA

View Full Version : ballast drain pump question

Hutch5
07-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Will this T1200 work as a replacement for stock drain pump that is installed in the 2006 LSV? Would love to upgrade the whole system but not in the budget this year..just looking to fix/replace the ski locker drain pump that died on me this last weekend

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Attwood-Tsunami-1200-GPH-Ballast-Live-Well-Pump-4660-1-/270833360521?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item3f0eed1e89

thanks, Hutch

Stazi
07-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Yes it should, although the Tsunami have a unique thread pitch, so you may need to get the fittings form wakemakers, but then you may as well get the pump from them too.
http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-pumps/wakeboard-ballast-livewell-aerator-pumps

squeeg333
07-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Also keep in mind that this 1200 has 1-1/8" inlet/outlet versus the 3/4" inlet/outlet in the stock GIII system in pre '09 LSV's. Not a big deal I don't think, you will just need to make adjustments for it.

Hutch5
07-17-2012, 05:37 PM
super thanks for the help!

Hutch5
07-22-2012, 01:50 PM
well, I got the new pump in...looks nice although I will admit I had not looked at my 3/4" tube before hand so realized I need to adjust for that since the Tsunami looks like it is designed for 1". (One of the challenges of not having the boat nearby when I order parts) Anyway, I did some troubleshooting with the old pump in the process (Rule 700) and realized it works! The issue is the electrical to the pump.
So follow up question...all the switches provide power to pumps except for the center drain pump switch. Is there a breaker somewhere for that? I plugged the old pump into the fill side electrical and it worked fine...so although light to the drain side comes on it must not be providing power to the pump....I hadn't pulled up the floor yet, is there something there I should check...any additional advice would be appreciated...

Hutch

bergermaister
07-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Check for an in-line fuse somewhere between the switch and the pump. You have power to the switch, so somewhere on the line to the pump you have a break. Rule pumps draw a heavier load than the Tsunami as well. I have 5amp fuses on my Tsunami's but had to go 10amp on the Rule as it kept popping the 5.

Thanks to Al Cab for pointing that one out to me or I too would have been needlessly replacing a perfectly good pump.

jmvotto
07-22-2012, 03:56 PM
There should be a ballast fuse panel under the dash on the wall opposite the bow seat. You most likely blew the fuse

Hutch5
07-22-2012, 05:23 PM
thanks guys! yet another problem solved...have been under the dash a few times but never realized they were tucked back in there...for me on a center post/bar mounted just in front of the perfect pass module. 5 amp fuse. So now I have a T1200 spare in case one of my pumps actually does go bad...or for the upgrade when i get around to that.

thanks again, Hutch