PDA

View Full Version : Water in ski locker...?!?!?

ag04blast
07-16-2012, 04:49 PM
I have a 02 LSV with factory ballast. It seems like everytime I leave the lake and get back home (I drive home about 20mins with the drain plug out) there is always a significant amount of water in the ski locker. I always make sure to run my bilge before I trailer but it never seems to clear up this water.

There is a small hole that allow water to move from the ski locker to under the engine (where is bilge currently is), which seems like it was designed so this problem wouldnt occur. The problem with the water in there is if I dont go out on the lake for a week or two the ski locker gets nasty and grows algae. I have been using a shop vac to get the water out most of the time but it is a hassle.

I am thinking about plumbing in a "T" to my bilge line and adding a second bilge pump in the ski locker. I was planning on wiring it in with the other bilge pump so they both run at the same time and pump out the same main line. Would this work? Has anyone tried anything like this or have the same issue?

ga-lsv05
07-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Have you Checked the drain line on the bottom of the bag?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

ag04blast
07-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah, its tight. If I go out and never fill the bag water still gets in. The water is flowing through the whole in the ski locker that connects to the engine bay. I am also thinking about trying to plug the whole and see if that helps.

rdlangston13
07-16-2012, 05:26 PM
There is water in mine. I ignore it

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

jmvotto
07-16-2012, 09:26 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?14760-Fuel-tank-bilge-pump&highlight=Plug+locker

Tried to find a a way for fuel tank bilge.

Use a test plug to seperate the locker from the bilge.

chawk610
07-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Mine too... the last thing boats are is waterproof! :)

Nobodyrides4Free
07-17-2012, 07:40 AM
ag04blast, I have the same issue with my 2002 Mobius V. My plan is to keep the water out of locker as much as possible. I got a rubber stopper from work, I want to be able to reomve it if needed. Also my bilge pump moved around some, It broke last time out so I replaced it with a float and bilge pump combined. Old one was the kind with float and pump seperate. I zip tied the new one in place, this seemed to leave less water in the boat. I shop vac my water out too cuz it gets Funky!! The other fix that some people do is to install a drain in the middle of boat, Im not doing that. I will let you know how the stopper works after this weekend. One of my friends has a MC and has the same issue and he plugged his locker off completely.

ga-lsv05
07-17-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't know about all the lsv's but in my 05 the locker floor is above the engine compartment floor. How would water get there from the engine compartment?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

chawk610
07-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Water getting in from the bow... docking lights, drip from wet people... all kinds of ways.

rdlangston13
07-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I just did a thorough cleaning yesterday and found that the drain hose from my front sack that goes in the ski locker was majorly loose. I reckon I was getting alot of water in from the ballast bag leaking

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

Nobodyrides4Free
07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
The older boats dont have the fins, they have a deeper fiberglass wedge that gave them stability. The deeper wedge makes the boat keep some of the water in the middle of boat.
My cooler drains into boat too, plus people getting in and out of boat. Ballast fittings in center locker are older style(Waterbed fitting) and need replaced.
The bilge pump does not get all of it out. I think some of it is held between ski locker and engine bay.

squeeg333
07-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I've got this exact same problem. I have the factory ballast in the ski locker, and the ski locker sack also fills the bow sack that I put in. Seems like evry time I use the ballast, there is at least 3 inches of water in the ski locker. I have the drain in the back of the ski locker plugged, so it keeps it all in. I've tested everything I could for leaks (ski locker sack, ballast fittings, hoses, pump) and even changed out the factory Rule pump with Tsunami, and still get water in there. It's not coming from the docking lights, that I can say for certain. I can't for the life of me figure out where it's coming from.

The only thing I can think of is when I'm filling the ski locker sack/bow sack, the front fitting on the ski locker sack just get so jammed up in the locker and it allows water to pump out... other than that I've got nothing as everything else tests out good.

Damn water gets nasty, as does the sack, so I vaccuum it out every time...

wolfeman131
07-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Nothin worse than a nasty sac.

Nobodyrides4Free
07-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Thats Funny Stuff....... Nasty SAC LOL

wolfeman131
07-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Funny unless it happens to you after a weekend hanging w/ Dusty's Mom.

That salve they give ya smells awful.

Nobodyrides4Free
07-20-2012, 08:05 AM
so you have expienced a Nasty sac or Dustys Mom, or both? Wow!

Nobodyrides4Free
07-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Ok, went to cover boat yesterday after weekend at the lake. Lift the center rear seat over the Transmission and drive to check for water since I installed the new bilge pump, No water Bone dry. The plug I got to plug ski locker was too small so I did not use it. Open ski locker and it has about 2 inches of water. So I break out the shop vac and start sucking it out. The water kept coming from the hole from back of the boat. Everything around bilge was empty.
So WHERE did all the water come from? Is water pooling under gas tank or is there another area that holds water between bilge and ski locker. Does water go under the gas tank somewhere? IDK gonna try to find where its coming from next time back from lake.

tgoody14
07-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Ok, went to cover boat yesterday after weekend at the lake. Lift the center rear seat over the Transmission and drive to check for water since I installed the new bilge pump, No water Bone dry. The plug I got to plug ski locker was too small so I did not use it. Open ski locker and it has about 2 inches of water. So I break out the shop vac and start sucking it out. The water kept coming from the hole from back of the boat. Everything around bilge was empty.
So WHERE did all the water come from? Is water pooling under gas tank or is there another area that holds water between bilge and ski locker. Does water go under the gas tank somewhere? IDK gonna try to find where its coming from next time back from lake.

THREAD REVIVAL!!!

Anybody figure this one out!? Or is it a problem everyone is just dealing with...