PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Moomba Outback V Loaded Tower/Speakers/Lights/ Gravity 3 Ballast RTP, NC

bmoorewiz
07-16-2012, 02:00 PM
I am selling my 2006 Moomba Outback V with Trailer

I am located in Raleigh/Durham NC

Moomba Cruise
Light Bar
Speakers
Wakeboard Tower
Gravity 3 Ballast
Custom Graphics
Boat Cover
Bimini Top (not pictured, but is on the boat) It is black.

Asking 32,000.

I am the 2nd owner, the boat has 300 hours and I have never had a single issue with this boat. It gets serviced every year.

Any questions please feel free to ask or call.

-Brandon
864-449-0243

bmoorewiz
07-22-2012, 09:14 AM
No Bites? I think its a beautiful boat :)

I am selling my 2006 Moomba Outback V with Trailer

I am located in Raleigh/Durham NC

Moomba Cruise
Light Bar
Speakers
Wakeboard Tower
Gravity 3 Ballast
Custom Graphics
Boat Cover
Bimini Top (not pictured, but is on the boat) It is black.

Asking 32,000.

I am the 2nd owner, the boat has 300 hours and I have never had a single issue with this boat. It gets serviced every year.

Any questions please feel free to ask or call.

-Brandon
864-449-0243

WaterBullDawg1980
07-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Not the best place to sell a boat but I agree it is a fine looking boat. May be priced a tad high, at least for GA. Have you put it on Only Inboards??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bmoorewiz
07-22-2012, 06:52 PM
I have an MB Sports boat dealer that is going to list it on onlyinboards for me this week. That is probably going to be my next boat simply because the Moomba dealer that is local to me, Grandpa's Marine, is absolutely horrible. I did check and my price seems to be inline with all the 2006 V drive Moomba's. I am however willing to take a little less. I put it out there originally as a feeler, but since I have done that I now want a new boat even more. :)

wolfeman131
07-24-2012, 10:02 AM
I didn't realize MB had a dealership in NC. I'd advise you to check into it further and understand where/how you are going to get that boat serviced. I realize it may be a 3 hr haul to Charlotte for you, but Southtown Marine is a top-notch dealer.

bmoorewiz
07-24-2012, 12:42 PM
The engine is an Indmar, I will have it serviced by the local Indmar tech who currently does my Moomba.

wolfeman131
07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Hmmmm . . .

Is MB moving to Indmar? They are PCM now.

http://www.mbsports.net/accessory_view.asp?accessory=engines

Not trying to pee in your Cheerios, but will your mechanic do any warranty work for free should you have issues?

bmoorewiz
07-24-2012, 01:34 PM
They are currently PCM yes, they are switching to Indmar this year. They sponsor one of my buddies who rides the Hydrofoil with me so I have been speaking with the dealers a lot. As long as the mechanic is Indmar certified they said it would not invalidate the warranty. However, yes if I do have issues I will have to take it to the dealer in Charlotte. I have had my Moomba for about 5 years and never had a single issue, so I am expecting the same out of my new boat when I purchase it.

sandm
07-24-2012, 02:26 PM
do some serious comparisons before pulling the plug on the mb. I was enamored with them at first, but if I was still in the market, I'd compare the new lsv closely before deciding if you are in that pricepoint segment..
my dealer did tell me they are moving to indmar for '13 and are also ditching the 4legged tower for a 2leg like the new lsv. the mb has probably the biggest lounge area that you will find in a 21ft and it feels bigger than my 22ft, but it's REAL shallow. I would bet the depth of the lsv will feel a lot more secure. the biggie for me after I thought about it was the pita to install an aftermarket plug/play ballast setup. lsv is a 30sec bag swap.

bmoorewiz
07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
My original thought was an LSV, however, I get no response after contacting the local dealer for months. They won't return my call and I refuse to ever purchase a boat from them.

ga-lsv05
07-24-2012, 03:16 PM
I think drew could help you with that. I see he mentioned southtowne marine in a previous post

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

ga-lsv05
07-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Atlanta marine isn't a terrible drive for you either

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

bmoorewiz
07-24-2012, 04:06 PM
How does everyone feel about the new Mojo's?

sandm
07-24-2012, 04:14 PM
it's too bad. might get drew to help you out on that one as mentioned. I have seen examples where rick himself has reached out to dealers to help a current/future boat purchaser. as a boat store owner, something tells me that's not a phone call I would want to take :)

I've been in your shoes before and sometimes it's a bad salesman representing the business and the owner has no idea..

wolfeman131
07-24-2012, 08:53 PM
How does everyone feel about the new Mojo's?

We LOVE ours! I will be happy to assist with getting you into another Moomba.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18229-My-Mojo&highlight=Mojo

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18131-Little-Mojo-Surfing-video&highlight=Mojo

bmoorewiz
08-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Bump! Bump!

tarheelskier
08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
bmoore, bought my OBV this year from White Lake. About 2 hours from North Raleigh, but have been very happy so far. If you want to stay with SC, call Dave DeAndrade and tell him I sent you. They are also the oldest Nautique dealer in the world, so they must be doing something right.

bmoorewiz
08-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Probably going with MB Sports B52 23, but I do love my Moomba, never had a single issue. Love in the Indmar Assault as well, which MB Sports has just moved to for 2013.

wolfeman131
08-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Last time I'm going to try and sway you. Do the research and understand there isn't an MB dealership (brick & mortar) in NC. Best if luck, whatever you decide.

sandm
08-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I'd try and sway you as well. I was very close to pulling the plug on an mb, but after stepping back and looking at other boats, I'd shop the mojo real hard if you are in that 23ft market. I'm sure that a couple of guys on here could help you get a better experience at the dealer.

wolfeman131
08-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm sure that a couple of guys on here could help you get a better experience at the dealer.

Maybe a guy like, Rick Tinker the Pres of Skiers Choice!

NCSUmoomba
08-09-2012, 02:29 PM
bmoorewiz, I agree with Jeff. The guys at White Lake Marine are top notch. If Moomba is still a possibilty, giving them a call or going to see them might be a good idea. If I can ever afford to buy a new Moomba, I am going to buy it from them.

I haven't had much more than a few phone calls to the dealer in Greensboro, and dipping in their booth at the boat shows, but I will say I haven't been overly impressed.

The other thing about White Lake that I really like is that they sell towboats only. Nautique and Moomba, that's all. No pontoons or I/Os or fishing boats, just towboats. That says a lot to me.

Good luck with the new boat either way!

RickT
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
BMoorewiz,

We would love to try to keep you in the Moomba family. I hope you would really consider the experience you have had with Moomba and what the new LSV and Mojo may have to offer in your search for a new boat. As to the dealer, I would be glad to have either White Lake or Southtown give you a call and discuss some options with you. Both are outstanding dealers that pride themselves on customer service. My email is [email protected]. Drop me a note and at least we can give it our best shot! :)

Rick

kaneboats
08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Here, here!!!! There's an offer that's hard to refuse.

jpetty3023
08-10-2012, 10:59 AM
The boss man never disappoints. That alone is a great reason to stay within the family

Sent from my home phone..

VA LSV
08-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Stared dealing with Southtown when they were just a wake and skate pro shop and before they became a SC dealer. Have to say they are a fantastic group of family oriented people! I purchased my 05 LSV from Grandpa's in Greensboro and had a positive experience. I do my own service and the boat has performed flawless so I don't have any experience with their service department.

bmoorewiz
08-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Sold!!!!!!

KSmith
08-16-2012, 06:24 PM
What'd you end up getting for her? I'm curious as I am going to be looking to sell mine next year. Thanks!

NCSUmoomba
08-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Congrats selling the boat, Brandon, and decision on the new boat yet? I hope Rick and the guys at White Lake were able to keep you in the Moomba family.

bkearney
08-19-2012, 09:42 AM
+1 to white lake. I went in and told them that I wanted to learn about wake board boats, but could not afford to buy new. The salesdude spent 1.5 hours with me and my family going over everything, and offered test rides. I am sure he hoped I would buy new, but there was no hard salesmanship. Just a company that wanted educated consumers.