PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawals

04OUTBACK
07-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Didnt get out this weekend. Had plans to take out some family from out of town Sunday.. 50% chance of rain and storms in the area.. i chose to not go to lake. Boat is still damp from 4 July weekend.
Wasnt getting in rain again..

Then reading all the posts of the WOLFE event, i am really jonesin for some wake time.

Busy week at work and NO chance of getting out til saturday.. UGH

bergermaister
07-16-2012, 11:27 AM
I feel your pain Brad. Kids' birthday stuff Friday night and Saturday day/night, wake up Sunday morning to rain. Mama's going to be out of town this week and the kids may go out to grandmas for an overnighter so if the weather cooperates I may get out for a few hours at least one night!

jmvotto
07-16-2012, 12:01 PM
ditto, last three times at the lake house no boat time.

cant wait for this week to put some hrs on the ole girl....

Lawdog
07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
cant wait for this week to put some hrs on the ole girl....

And if I have any time left I hope to get out on the boat too.....

New Guy
07-16-2012, 12:09 PM
We can't buy rain up here. The fields all look terrible and the water is really green from the algae. Good news is I have been putting alot of hours on the boat thou.

jmvotto
07-16-2012, 12:15 PM
And if I have any time left I hope to get out on the boat too.....

LOL.almost choked on my water .. HAhahahahahaha

parrothd
07-16-2012, 12:22 PM
LOL.almost choked on my water .. HAhahahahahaha

I have the opposite problem, been wake boarding and wake surfing all week and can't move now... :) Still have a few days left but just want to sleep... lol

spyder
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
i was on-call this weekend so stuck at the house, i have the next 3 weekends lined up for being at the lake.. i hope my new surfboard and 750 lbs fly high can make it here by this weekend.. but i doubt it.

rdlangston13
07-16-2012, 05:41 PM
It rained all week and weekend down here. You would never know we had a drought last summer especially after this last week. None of our friends even wanted to try and make it out do to the chance of rain. We were about to make it out a few times between showers and even got brave and did some exploring. Drive from the lake house to the river channel and intone actual river for some glass and today we followed the river channel markers 16 miles one way to go eat

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

spyder
07-16-2012, 05:52 PM
it's been so dry and hot in Ontario this summer, i have absolutely no grass left.. just dust and a straw.. i've never seen a summer this hot and dry consistently.

loudsubz
07-16-2012, 06:29 PM
I was born to be around the water, even if its sitting on our dock with a beer in the hand listening to the water and boats go by. If I dont get to experience that at least one a weekend something is wrong and I feel empty the rest of the week.

bergermaister
07-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Exactly! My goal is to go out at least one day each weekend of summer. Didn't get that this last weekend and now I'm growling about it a lot. Tuesday night is looking better though...

I was born to be around the water, even if its sitting on our dock with a beer in the hand listening to the water and boats go by. If I dont get to experience that at least one a weekend something is wrong and I feel empty the rest of the week.

Boonejeepin
07-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Where are you heading to Tuesday night?

Grady
07-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Brad I was wondering where you were this weekend. I didn't get off work til 3 so we were late getting out. We had a great time though, got 2 people up on the wakeboard. I wanted to try that surfboard out but ran out of time.

rdlangston13
07-16-2012, 08:22 PM
That's crazy Ontario is so hot an dry. We have not even broken 90 degrees in a week or so in Houston haha.

jmb
07-16-2012, 09:23 PM
My job is making me work this Sunday. I hate that!

04OUTBACK
07-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Grady, shoulda come but a little shy after getting soaked on the 4th
How's the LSV?

spyder
07-17-2012, 09:17 AM
That's crazy Ontario is so hot an dry. We have not even broken 90 degrees in a week or so in Houston haha.

it's been 80+, if not in the 90's almost all summer, then adding humidity it's insane.. no rain really either.. maybe a few minutes here or there a couple times a month...

i think we stole your heat.

Grady
07-17-2012, 06:31 PM
I understand, it rained most of the day at work bout half way home it cleared and wasn't a cloud in the sky at the lake. The LSV is doing real good, leaps and bounds over the I/O. lol