PDA

View Full Version : Fun weekend!

moombacraze
07-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Yesterday at the lake we were having a blast. We could see a storm coming in over the mountains. I was getting ready to head back to the dock before the chaos began. I saw a small aluminum fishing boat cruising along the shoreline. I could tell it was weighted down with way to many people and coolers. I was pulling my cousin on the air chair, about 30 seconds after first seeing the small fishing boat my cousin fell. I turned around to pick him up, when I looked back over the small fishing boat had capsized. Everyone and everything was in the water. I quickly pulled my cousin I'm to the boat and drove over to the capsized boat. I started loading everyone I could on the boat. Another boat saw us and came and helped out as well. We got everyone loaded up on the boats as the rain was coming down like crazy. Like I said earlier they weren't to far from the shore. Three of the guys that were on the boat swam it to the shore while we took the gear and people to the dock to drop them off. Once they were all on the dock the other boat went back to get the other three people that swam the boat to the shore. All I can say is I am glad I was where I could see them to help, or I think things could have been a whole lot worse. Weather conditions can change so fast, you always need to be prepared.

Be safe out there guys!

jpetty3023
07-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Good save, sure they are grateful you were close by

Sent from my home phone..