PDA

View Full Version : Speedo surging

tnbrooks01
07-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Any ideas what would be causing my speedo surge, and act very erratic? The speed doesn't change and the rpms do not change when moomba cruise is set just a very erratic act speedo gauge? I've checked the paddle wheel and don't see anything wrong and it seems to spin freely, but honestly I do not know what I'm looking for as far as something looking broken or out of place. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
07-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Didn't have this problem before the recent repairs, did you?

tnbrooks01
07-15-2012, 06:05 AM
No. And it worked fine the 2 rides we had after we got it from the shop. I'm guessing a cable must be coming loose just wasn't sure if anyone had this happen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
07-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Paddle wheel is pretty hard to diagnose, to the common person such as us, it spind free or doesnt thats about all we know.

Things that effect it, water turbulance, air pockets in the water, and bad cable perhaps.

I know at times mine bounces up an and down, reads +-5mph so i just use a Garmin mounted to my windshield. It keeps track of my speed and when im on lakes i dont goto much it tracks where i have been so i know where my ramp is to leave.