PDA

View Full Version : Moomba LSV or Mobius LS

dillengeraj
07-14-2012, 07:26 AM
I currently have a 2005 Mobius LS that I really love. It is a direct drive and we have been considering getting a v drive for more space in the boat so more people can ride. We have never been on a v drive so we aren't sure what it would be like compared to the DD. I am just trying to get some information before I think about selling our Moomba right now. Any insight would be awesome.

E4NASH
07-15-2012, 03:14 AM
I had an '05 LS last year. I sold it at the end of the season and this year I bought a '11 LSV. Once I got the LSV I KNEW it was what I should've gotten the first time! So much more room for people, storage, gear, BALLAST. It's great! Once you go V you won't go back....DO IT! You will NOT be disappointed.

ga-lsv05
07-17-2012, 09:30 AM
I would say it depends on you intended use. It's been my experience that a v drive will give you a larger wake where a dd would be better for skiing and such.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Stazi
07-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Unless you are a serious slalom skier, go for the LSV.

chawk610
07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
I've heard there is more room to mount that stripperpole in a V-Drive. :)

sled - 1
03-16-2013, 05:27 PM
GA-lsv05 is right. Sure a V drive has more cockpit room, but the wake sucks for skiing. If you have any little ones that are going to learn to ski you won't even be able to see there heads over the wake at 15mph.

But hey I'm a self proclaimed slalom jockey so my opinion may be slightly biased.

Don't get me wrong, a V drive is a great boat to float around on all day, especially if you can only have one boat.

WAKE-2-WAKE
04-28-2013, 10:44 AM
ENASH is right, once you go V you wont go back to a dd!

I had an '05 LS last year. I sold it at the end of the season and this year I bought a '11 LSV. Once I got the LSV I KNEW it was what I should've gotten the first time! So much more room for people, storage, gear, BALLAST. It's great! Once you go V you won't go back....DO IT! You will NOT be disappointed.