PDA

View Full Version : Cheap surfboard recommendation

TL7
07-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Just wanted to pass this along. We were riding with some friends of ours and they had one of these. I love trying different boards, so I gave it a shot even though at 4'6" I figured I'd just sink it (I'm 5'11" and 185-190). I was pleasantly surprised at how fast and responsive this thing was. We have two high end surf boards (Shredd Stixx and a Props) for comparison. While I wouldn't trade the boards I have, it is a fun board to ride and very versatile with the 3 removable fins. It's thin enough that I think it'll fit in the standard board racks. At least it did on their boat. I will verify as soon as the weather clears up here. They told me you can only get it through Amazon (which I did :D) and at 199 including a bag it's a cheap board that everyone can ride. Like me, I figured someone here may be addicted and can use an addition to the quiver. Standard disclaimer - I have no affiliation with this company. I've never even heard of it until about a week ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Osia-Pro-Wake-Surfboard-Package/dp/B004SPFPIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342245932&sr=8-1&keywords=Osia+Pro+Wake+Surfboard

Boonejeepin
07-14-2012, 10:48 AM
The shape looks good to my untrained eye.

rca
07-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey Taft, I'm going to have to try that. When are you going to be down on the SBR?

Ron

TL7
07-14-2012, 01:34 PM
It'll be a while, I'm sure with all the rain it's pretty churned up. And next weekend we're heading to San Francisco for a mini vacation, so even though it's hard to complain about rain after last summer it sure is cramping our style!!

rca
08-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Taft, did you ever try this out? You coming to the Moomba Jam on the Trinity this weekend, I forgot to check?

TL7
08-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Taft, did you ever try this out? You coming to the Moomba Jam on the Trinity this weekend, I forgot to check?

Used it several times and love it. It's small and fast.

Weather permitting we'll be there Saturday. You're welcome to give it a try.

Was that you we saw on the SBR Friday?

rca
08-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Used it several times and love it. It's small and fast.

Weather permitting we'll be there Saturday. You're welcome to give it a try.

Was that you we saw on the SBR Friday?

It was probably us on Friday. We were out there all day. Had 4 kids, 4 adults and a baby onboard for most of the day.

We were out there today as well and might be out there tomorrow afternoon. Trying to get ready for this weekend. Better stock up on my advil.

I definitely want to try it on Saturday, although I'm a surf newb.

rca
08-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Hey Taft, thanks for letting me borrow and test this board. I got mine in the mail today so I expect to be testing it on the SBR on Friday.

Ron

Brianinpdx
08-22-2012, 05:30 PM
dont look like a surf newb to me....

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/brianinpdx/moomba28.jpg

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/brianinpdx/moomba29.jpg

rca
08-22-2012, 05:49 PM
dont look like a surf newb to me....

I'm a quick learner and had great teachers!

TL7
08-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Hey Taft, thanks for letting me borrow and test this board. I got mine in the mail today so I expect to be testing it on the SBR on Friday.

Ron

That's awesome - glad you liked it. I was super shocked when I rode the ones our friends had, and I literally pulled up Amazon and bought one from the boat. Sounds like you did similar! If you get bored with that one, I've got a Shred Stixx Thresher you're welcome to try anytime.

We did our "deep clean" on the boat Sunday afternoon. Pressure wash carpets, pull everything out of all the lockers, under the seats, etc. Yard looked like an Overton's warehouse exploded! We really need to get our house cleaned up so we can get it on the market, and starting the following weekend we will be in Austin quite a bit for football. So this weekend is a stay at home weekend. :(

Enjoy the water Friday!