PDA

View Full Version : The Supra is gone :(

sandm
07-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Just finished signing papers on a new boat. got what I think is a screaming deal on a 2012 tige 22ve. same exact hull as the rz2, but MUCH cheaper. it's a disco'ed boat and I think I'm probably buying the last one west of the rockies.... not done until I finish signing tomorrow morning, but dealer has the checks..

I'm dropping the supra off tomorrow morning at the dealer and mine should be here saturday afternoon and prepped monday. coming from a dealer on the other side of the state..

I'm somewhat sad as I have had ZERO real issues with my boat, was an absolutely amazing first boat and I'd be back into a skiers product if they had something that fit my requirements in a new boat right now..

I hope she goes to a good family that will take as good a care of her as I did......

now for the real question: you all aren't going to boot me off here for switching brands :)

jpetty3023
07-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Congrats ( typed with teary eyes).

Sent from my home phone..

bergermaister
07-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Show Yourself Traitor!!!!

http://floridapundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/crosshairs-150x150.png

KSmith
07-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Begone foul beast, back the dark dank depths from which ye came!

Oh, sorry, emotions got the best of me there for a second.

22ve, Nice boat, I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new boat and snooty Tige owners, come back slumming when ya wanna relive the old days ;-)

sandm
07-13-2012, 07:10 PM
not snooty :) trust me, I had to think long and hard about coughing up the coin for this as 90% of the tige boat line is out of my price range, but at the end of the day, it's not too much more than what I saw the mojo stickered at.. it came with a pretty steep discount and when the banker(she owns a calabria) says you stole it after seeing the invoice price and the whole deal, made me feel good..

I spent a long time looking and even spoke to wolfe for a while about it(fwiw, he told me to wait until July 22), but at the end of the day, this was a good deal that I couldn't have duplicated with a 22ssv. the lsv didn't fit my "no bags on the seats for surfing" rule(freeboard too low and seat storage doesn't lend itself to an enzo sac) and the xlv/mojo are too big for my garage(limited at 23ft even). I'm sad to not see a supra in the garage anymore, but who knows what the next few years will bring with boat innovations and new purchases..

jmvotto
07-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Scott, congrats on the new ride, glad you found what you wanted..

We won't hold it against you... Yeah right. Jk

My buddy had a 24 ve tige 2002 and that is what got me into Wakeboats .

Post some pics on ww so we can see.

Fwiw you may have had to wait on the unveil more than the 22 to really see what the newboat had in looks options etc.

Ps can I have you pink jacket

jester
07-13-2012, 07:20 PM
If we did not kick you off for living in Boise and liking BSU then you are safe buying a Tige.

sandm
07-13-2012, 07:28 PM
If we did not kick you off for living in Boise and liking BSU then you are safe buying a Tige.

fwiw, I am the biggest bsu hater in the valley.. my supra was orange, and when I went to buy a new truck the next month, the only requirement for a pu was NO BLUE. I didn't want to look like a clown show going to the lake :)

jester
07-13-2012, 07:53 PM
I didn't want to look like a clown show going to the lake :)

Even more reason to keep you around.

ian ashton
07-13-2012, 09:52 PM
If I was going to buy another inboard, Tige would be at the top of my list. Very nice - post up pics, and I expect to see your modification threads here too!

viking
07-14-2012, 02:30 AM
I'd like to know how much they want for your boat? I'd b interested if they keep all your options including the jl stuff? Want a vdrive soon and ssv is on the list? Pm me or have the dealer contact me about a workable deal? Got a line on a wake setter too but always looking :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mmandley
07-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Dam Scott, i gotta ride over to Boise and check it out man. I can tell you first hand if its got a really simular hull to the RZ2 your going to love the surf wave. Its sick on the RZ2. I would hit up Wake 9 and ask Ragboy exactly what they were running in the RZ2 bag wise but im pretty sure it wants 1100 in the rear and just the stock front bag to make a wicked surf wake.

Please email me or shoot me a link to the pictures of the boat.

Dude i cant even tell you how jealous i am, and trust me, you dont hear me say that much on the forum.

sandm
07-14-2012, 08:01 PM
sad to see the supra sitting outside in the elements on a lot...
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/SDC11426.jpg

Official delivery is monday afternoon....
thinking about how to do either blue or pink on it for accents. small wrap maybe to spice it up. kind of a dull scheme imo..

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/SDC11427.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/sandm01/SDC11428.jpg

Jceclipse01
07-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Sandm thats one nice boat

viking
07-15-2012, 02:00 AM
WOW! Nice Scott!! Need to come to Idaho and ride :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mmandley
07-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Thats soo sweet man, i like it the way it is man, black out the windshield, maybe have a sign company trace the graphic on the side and make a new color labes for it to splash color if thats what you want.

deerfield
07-15-2012, 12:49 PM
i like it the way it is man, black out the windshield...

Scott - I agree with Mandley. Nice boat. - Deerfield

kaneboats
07-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Good looking boat, Scott. Congrats! I would have waited another week though.

KG's Supra24
07-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Congrats. That's a good looking boat. I agree on the window tint.

bergermaister
07-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Scott - how about stay black/white on everything. Then go for some pink LEDs? That would definitely wake it up in the evening!

wolfeman131
07-16-2012, 01:45 PM

Congrats. That's a good looking boat. I agree on the window tint.

Scott - I agree with Mandley. Nice boat. - Deerfield

I tried to get you to hang in there for a little while longer as I think the new LSV would have met all your needs, but I can't help myself in saying NICE BOAT!

This is Ashley Kidd's boat. My girls want one. Go figure.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/396249_340888009273333_1580837837_n.jpg

sandm
07-16-2012, 01:50 PM

I was given the same bit of information a while ago and had a couple of thoughts..
-won't ever buy the first release of any vehicle again..
-still probably 2 months out to have a boat delivered and our season will be over by then and that's assuming skiers is ready to produce. it's just the release party.
-dealers will be asking msrp on a new release until the boat show in the spring(not paying msrp) and by then mine's another year older and depreciated that much more.
-this dealer gave me a stupid price as a trade and at almost 10k off msrp, I couldn't pass it up... he really wanted to move this..

I would SOOOOO take that boat if I could. perhaps I can remove the grey vinyl decals and replace with pink :)