PDA

View Full Version : Fulton Group Buy: F2 jack & adapter plates, upgraded winch

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I got the green light for another Fulton F2 Jack and adapter plate group buy if there is enough interest. Pricing is $146 + S&H for the jack PLUS adapter plate, and all necessary hardware. It's a big heavy box so plan on $30 for S&H but will vary by location.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/FUL-1413020134_med.jpg

Here's a link to the adapter plate: http://www.boatmateparts.com/products/Jacks+and+Hardware-tag-Jacks+and+Hardware/F2+JACK+ADAPTER+PLATES-t-71-0013.htm

New this time is an upgraded winch option, either as an add-on or standalone purchase.
http://www.iboats.com/Fulton-1400-Winch-W-Strapsingle-Speed-Xlt-Series/dm/view_id.497883
Pricing is only $45 + S&H!

Post up if you are interested in either purchase.

KG's Supra24
07-12-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Fulton-F2-Twin-Track-Trailer-Jack&i=70479&r=view&aID=603A&cvsfa=2587&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3730343739&s_kwcid=goobasecontent_goobasecontent_filler&cID=SHOPPING_70479

$145 and free shipping? Am I missing something? ... Presumably since Overtons is backordered we would get it sooner through the group buy?

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
$145 and free shipping? Am I missing something? ... Presumably since Overtons is backordered we would get it sooner through the group buy?

The adapter plate is ~$60 depending on your source. I should have linked up the parts included, my bad. I'll edit the first post.

Cigars n scotch
07-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I am interested in both winch and jack.

tarheelskier
07-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Anyone who has this winch now, can you chime in with your review? Curious the advantages over the stock version. Thanks

viking
07-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Since I was in on jack GB last go round I'd be up for a winch (if it comes with strap included). Also interested in review of those that have it?

Ian Brantford
07-12-2012, 03:35 PM
I am interested. Could someone who already has the F2 jack please tell us what is the maximum height (say, from the bottom of the trailer frame to the ground) that you can get? I'll measure my original jack this weekend. Even one extra inch of height would be enough.

Thanks in advance.

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Ian -the jack has an adjustable mounting point, which means depending on how you mount it is capable of lifting the boat several inches higher than the stocker (or several inches lower if you prefer.)

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Anyone who has this winch now, can you chime in with your review? Curious the advantages over the stock version. Thanks

Since I was in on jack GB last go round I'd be up for a winch (if it comes with strap included). Also interested in review of those that have it?

I've had this winch for awhile now and it's a much sturdier unit than stock. I had problems with my stock winch engaging properly, but the 1400 just clicks back and forth right into place every time. It does come with strap and hook.

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Updated first post with pricing info.

wolfeman131
07-12-2012, 04:52 PM
I be down for jack & winch.

Also down for Jack & Coke.

Boonejeepin
07-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I am down for the jack and adapter plate. I am tired of straining with the factory jack.

Thanks!

Ian Brantford
07-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Ian -the jack has an adjustable mounting point, which means depending on how you mount it is capable of lifting the boat several inches higher than the stocker (or several inches lower if you prefer.)

Thanks, but I would still like to see an actual measurement if anyone has one available. While the mount point is nicely adjustable, the F2 in the promotional video appears to be shorter overall than the stock one.

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks, but I would still like to see an actual measurement if anyone has one available. While the mount point is nicely adjustable, the F2 in the promotional video appears to be shorter overall than the stock one.
No problem, I'll get you a maximum lift measurement when I get home.

viking
07-12-2012, 07:30 PM

Also down for Jack & Coke.

Nicely done.......now I'm thirsty and going to start drinking :)

Put me down for a winch at that price brain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sandm
07-12-2012, 10:07 PM
I did this same upgrade last year. the jack is VERY adjustable, but make sure you do it prior to installation. I learned the hard way that it's somewhat of a pita to do after installation as you have to remove it to loosen the bolts to adjust it up and down. the winch is more of a bling upgrade as it's not much different than the factory winch. you do have to be careful with the winch as my first one from cabellas came in with the plastic shroud broken and had to get a replacement. that seemed to be the one flaw is that the shroud COULD be broken if it's hit wrong.. really not much different than the factory other than the shroud that makes it look cool on the trailer.

check pricing as I think my winch was $59 shipped to the local cabellas store for pickup. if shipping is more than $14, might be cheaper elsewhere.

KG's Supra24
07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Alright, I'm interested in height now as well. I can't afford to loose any.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 10:22 PM
check pricing as I think my winch was $59 shipped to the local cabellas store for pickup. if shipping is more than $14, might be cheaper elsewhere.
Looks like $75 now, but if anyone finds it cheaper I can push the dealer for better pricing: http://www.cabelas.com/tongue-jacks-winches-fulton-xlt-series-covered-winch-1.shtml
(http://www.cabelas.com/tongue-jacks-winches-fulton-xlt-series-covered-winch-1.shtml)

mmandley
07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Put me down for a Winch man.

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Maximum height is 25 3/4" measured from the ground to the bottom of the trailer at the jack mount point.

Note this is on a single axle trailer with the jack mounted in the highest position.

sandm
07-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I'd concurr with brain on this one looking at mine, but be sure and read the directions prior to installation to remember to adjust the mounting plate prior to installation so you have the correct height dialed in for your rig/trailer..

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I'd concurr with brain on this one looking at mine, but be sure and read the directions prior to installation to remember to adjust the mounting plate prior to installation so you have the correct height dialed in for your rig/trailer..
Yep, great advice! So much easier to get it right the first time.

tarheelskier
07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Put me down for a winch. Thanks!

KCMobius
07-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Put me down for an F2 with adapter plate. Thanks!

KSmith
07-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Put me down for both the F2 jack & adapter plate and the winch

jmvotto
07-13-2012, 10:03 PM
I love the f2 jack, fwiw

Brain any thoughts on the f2 winch discount, sorry to throw a curve ball.
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Fulton-F2-Single-Speed-Trailer-Winch-1600-lb-capacity&i=97921&str=Fulton+winch&merchID=4005

brain_rinse
07-13-2012, 11:12 PM
I love the f2 jack, fwiw

Brain any thoughts on the f2 winch discount, sorry to throw a curve ball.
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Fulton-F2-Single-Speed-Trailer-Winch-1600-lb-capacity&i=97921&str=Fulton+winch&merchID=4005
I sent a note to the seller and should hear back on Monday. No curveball, I'm sure they like selling stuff. :)

motosno963
07-14-2012, 09:37 AM
i would love to get thqat jack if it wasnt for me saving up for a new acme 1847 prop

ian ashton
07-14-2012, 10:39 AM
I just put an F2 winch on my trailer and absolutely love it - perfect compliment for the F2 jack. I think it was ~$130 at West Marine. I would have joined the GB, but my original winch broke, so I needed to replace quickly.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d8f5ebb5-84bb-109d.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d8f5ebb5-84c9-1d83.jpg

Cigars n scotch
07-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Did I miss something? Do I need to Also get the adapter plate?

Boonejeepin
07-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Ok- I have gotten permission from the wife to get the jack w adapter plate and winch. Let me know how to pay you when you are ready.

Thanks!!!!!

Ian Brantford
07-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Maximum height is 25 3/4" measured from the ground to the bottom of the trailer at the jack mount point.

Note this is on a single axle trailer with the jack mounted in the highest position.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. On mine, it's only 21", and I only need it to be 1" higher.

I'm interested in the F2 jack (with adapter plate) and the F2 winch. I'll look back here on Monday do see what the vender said about the winch.

Do you know the delivery options for Canadians? I see on the iboats.com FAQ that they have their own customs broker for Canada and can get it here for a fraction of the cost of a lot of on-line vendors. I can also make a trip to the US border (Ogdensberg, NY) if a drop-ship is do-able and the order is done in the next couple of days. If there is any complication with getting this group order to include Canadians, I'll bow out and make my own order. If it's good with the vendor, I'm in.

Ian Brantford
07-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Also, if the F2 winch is available for this group order, it's the two-speed one that is of interest for me.

Salyers
07-15-2012, 12:29 AM
I'd be in for the winch also!

KRAK
07-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Another Canadian VERY interested in the final price for the jack and plate.

ga-lsv05
07-17-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm in need of the jack and plate. Jack and coke with drew not a bad idea either.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

brain_rinse
07-17-2012, 02:31 PM
No dice on the F2 winch guys, sorry. Ill let you know what I hear back on Canada shipping.

KRAK
07-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmvotto
07-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Brain ,

Thanks for trying

brain_rinse
07-17-2012, 08:17 PM
"We ship worldwide, but obviously the cost gets expensive. Canada isn’t TOO bad……just have to pay a few extra bucks for duties.
They can go to ups.com and use their shipping calculator to get a rough idea about shipping. The jack will be 20# in a 26” x 10” x 6” box. The winch will be 12# and in a 8” x 8” x 8” box. Shipping both items in one box will not work. There will be a $15.00 handling fee added to each order."

wolfeman131
07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
No dice on the F2 winch guys, sorry. Ill let you know what I hear back on Canada shipping.

So, what's the deal? Can we order jack, adapter and winch together, or not? Is it cheaper to get the winch from Overton's? I am confused.

brain_rinse
07-18-2012, 12:08 AM
So, what's the deal? Can we order jack, adapter and winch together, or not? Is it cheaper to get the winch from Overton's? I am confused.
A couple people asked about the F2 winch but this supplier doesn't carry it. You can still get the F2 jack, adapter plate, and upgraded winch that is linked in the first post, just not the F2 winch. Sorry for the confusion.

viking
07-18-2012, 12:54 AM
bummer but thanks for trying. So where is the best place to pic up an F2? Group buy somewhere else?

wolfeman131
07-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Sorry for the confusion.

No worries! I am easily confused.

ga-lsv05
07-18-2012, 09:27 AM
So when will this order be happening? My jack is in terrible shape

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Dubwake21
07-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Might be interested in the whole set. Winch, Ad, Jack.

Ian Brantford
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
So when will this order be happening? My jack is in terrible shape

I'm in the same situation. While it was the marina staff who bungled a boat move last autumn and damaged my jack, I'm afraid that the jack will lead to the trailer or boat falling on someone (bad) and be a liability for me (worse).

Dan, did the vendor say anything about Canadians just sending it to the nearest border town? If a different filling and delivery address are allowed, I could just send it to the UPS depot there and pick it up. The thing is, I'm short on time for that, since I'll have to make my trip next week for already-ordered things. It's a half-day trip. Like I said earlier, if this is too complicated for the vendor to accommodate a Canadian order, I'll bow out and buy the goods myself. Boatmate has the plate in stock. They don't have jacks to spare, but I could look for it elsewhere.

brain_rinse
07-18-2012, 05:15 PM
We can start with orders as soon as next week. I have to pay for all orders myself and have you guys reimburse me, so I dont think shipping address will matter. Will that be soon enough, Ian?

Boonejeepin
07-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh. I thought the winch was the F2.

Sorry, I just want the f2 jack and adaptor.

Thanks!

brain_rinse
07-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Oh. I thought the winch was the F2.

Sorry, I just want the f2 jack and adaptor.

Thanks!
It's a nice Fulton winch but no, not the F2 version. A couple pics on the last page of my mods thread.

Ian Brantford
07-18-2012, 07:14 PM
We can start with orders as soon as next week. I have to pay for all orders myself and have you guys reimburse me, so I dont think shipping address will matter. Will that be soon enough, Ian?

Dan, thanks so much for your help, but all of the other things that I've already started ordering this week will arrive (at the US border town near me) next week, accruing receiver fees. I don't think that we can time this correctly.

If we use UPS to send it straight to me in Canada, there will likely be some surprise brokerage fee (as I've hit in the past). Plus, if separate packages in the same package arrive at different times, UPS has a nasty habit of charging brokerage or taxes for the entire package twice. Whether it's UPS/brokerage/handling fees, receiver fees, or an extra round trip for me, it's hard to see how I can get the group buy's discount to pay off reliably.

If you'd care to PM me the identity of the vendor, I could just buy it directly tomorrow without the discount, but with the reliable timing. If you'd rather not say, I'll order the plate straight from boatmateparts.com and an F2 jack (plus winch) from iboats.com or someplace else that claims to have it in stock.

EricU
08-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Is it too late to get in on the F2 Jack buy?

I need a new jack now!!

Eric.

brain_rinse
08-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Not too late! Ordering instructions here https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18746-Fulton-winch-and-F2-Jack-group-buy-ordering-instructions