PDA

View Full Version : BIG Thanks to Everyone here!!!

tgoody14
07-12-2012, 12:38 PM
I haven't been a member on here long, but just bought a lightly used 04 Outback last month.
I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone here for all the advice, help, support, and secrets that you have shared on this Forum! I have never had to post anything, because whatever question I had was only a search away!
I wanted to share some pics with you guys of my recent install of LED Lights and Dash lights. I couldn't have done it without everything you guys have shared on here! So Thanks Again Guys!!!
I even had an extra Blue Led I put in the rear pole light!

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Pictures posted in your very first post?! You sir are front runner for new member of the year.

Nice job and welcome!

tgoody14
07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Haha Thank ya Sir.
Took about 4 hours and a few body torquing techniques to get everything soldered and mounted where they needed to be, but after it was all said and done... Totally Worth It!

chawk610
07-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks really great... welcome!

bergermaister
07-12-2012, 06:35 PM
... and a few body torquing techniques ...

Well said!

I have a few more strips to add in the bow but am starting to dread the wire routing that will be required to make it happen...

viking
07-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Nice work. You gat major pimp points

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tgoody14
07-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Well said!

I have a few more strips to add in the bow but am starting to dread the wire routing that will be required to make it happen...

Yea, I went ahead and ran the main +/- wires all the way around the boat just in case. I have a small strip that would sit on top of both cup holders on the floor in the front walkway, but I didn't know how much it would effect my vision while driving so I left it out. Anybody ever run into that problem while driving? Or maybe cutting the strip in half? It's 9in... Same ones on this forum from the US Seller...

jpetty3023
07-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Well done sir, and welcome to the crew

New Guy
07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
I skipped the blue lights in the bow as it was a pain to see at night with the light reflecting back at you. Awesome install though!

tgoody14
07-13-2012, 04:48 PM
That's what I was afraid of, especially considering my 04 doesn't have a huge bow area!
Thanks for the heads up!

bergermaister
07-13-2012, 06:40 PM
I have a couple modules in the bow shining side to side and they don't bother me. Was going to add those strips mostly facing forward for a simple glow effect mainly because compared to the rest it is really dark up there.

I agree - anything that can shine up or back at you would be no bueno.

I have one module in the rear that shines forward, hits my mirror, and can be pretty annoying driving at night if I get it at the right angle. Having someone sit in front of it or throwing a towel there is pretty easy though.

tgoody14
07-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Having someone sit in front of it or throwing a towel there is pretty easy though.

Yupp! Valid point right there... You pretty much just talked me into another hour of labor with that towel idea haha
Thanks Berg