PDA

View Full Version : Fulton duel wheel jack

mmandley
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
The fulton duel wheel jack is the only way to go if you have a tandom trailer. You can actually move the nose of the trailer around and move the trailer generaly back and forth a lot easier. The wheel turns smoother since it has 2 wheels to support the boat.

Install was easy, recipritating saw to cut off the bolt that sticks out, bolt the adapter plate on and bolt the jack up. Very easy, thanks to Drew for the group buy on this.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0104.jpg

WaterBullDawg1980
07-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Been telling you turds this for years! Great upgrade. Be sure to paint your adapter plate to avoid rust.

brain_rinse
07-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Glad you finally got this done, Mike! It's a great upgrade. If anyone wants to order one with the adapter plate send me a PM and I might be able to help get you a deal.

Another option if you think you might ever return back to the stock jack, you can drill a hole in the center of the plate instead of cutting off the bolt.

sandm
07-11-2012, 02:54 PM
not sure who you used for the gb, but my adapter plate came painted and a hole in the center. seems that there's several versions out there..

motosno963
07-11-2012, 04:02 PM
i might need one of these

Cigars n scotch
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I'd be interested in getting one of these.

Brain_rinse your pm inbox is full!

zabooda
07-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Sounds like another group buy should be in the works...lol. Look out Fulton, the Moomba folks are coming.

mnpracing
07-11-2012, 09:45 PM
I got mine in the group buy, and drilled a hole in the center of the adapter plate so that I didn't have to cut off the bolt. I wanted to be able to put on a regular jack in case I had to, if for some reason the F2 failed.

viking
07-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Got mine on the group buy as well. Drilled out center too. Adapter plate came painted black.

KRAK
07-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Group buy you say.....$$$???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 12:27 AM
I just sent an email to see if we could do another group buy. Stay tuned!

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 12:28 AM
And nice upgrades, Mike! You might need an upgraded winch now. :)

mmandley
07-12-2012, 08:27 AM
And nice upgrades, Mike! You might need an upgraded winch now. :)

I do and i got the OK from the Mrs, lol. If you can get one in the group buy for the winches let me know.

KCMobius
07-12-2012, 09:26 AM
I would be in on the group buy also. Looks like a great upgrade. Thanks,

KG's Supra24
07-12-2012, 09:47 AM
I sometimes wonder if when I return back to storage to get my boat if my tongue won't be laying on the ground bc the factory jack snapped ..... I might be in for one.

Boonejeepin
07-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Very high interest in a group buy purchase. Of course, depending on price.

gonracn
07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
yes to the Group Buy!!!

brain_rinse
07-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Group buy link:
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18560-Fulton-Group-Buy-F2-jack-amp-adapter-plates-upgraded-winch (https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18560-Fulton-Group-Buy-F2-jack-amp-adapter-plates-upgraded-winch)

Ian Brantford
07-30-2012, 02:49 AM
Thanks for the technical notes at the beginning of this thread. The current plate does not have the hole. Drill, baby, drill.

Lake Bound
04-16-2013, 12:35 PM
I know this is an old thread but is there any talk of another group buy or can you point me in the right direction where the best place to purchase is. Thanks in advance!

kaneboats
04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
I'd probably be in this time too. Mine is getting pretty beat up.

brain_rinse
04-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Anyone else interested? I can look into doing this one again.

bergermaister
04-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Any of you guys that added the dual wheel push the boat around by hand? I'm wondering if this would ease that task or not make much difference. Especially when it comes to grass or gravel...

kaneboats
04-16-2013, 04:31 PM
I'd love to see a 30 second video of someone pushing the boat around. I have trouble steering mine around the corner on the concrete, much less grass/gravel. A beer to whoever posts a vid.

ian ashton
04-16-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm in - need the jack and adapter for my new boat/trailer!

mmandley
04-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Any of you guys that added the dual wheel push the boat around by hand? I'm wondering if this would ease that task or not make much difference. Especially when it comes to grass or gravel...

I only push it back in the garage after i unhook, then roll it forward up to the door.
Its slightly easier with the duel wheel jack but not a lot.

As for hooking the boat up, its A LOT easier to pull it side to side to align to the truck.

Another thing its a LOT easier to raise and lower the boat on and off the hitch.

I wont own another boat without one now.

kaneboats
04-17-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't know about you but I have a hard time changing direction with the single wheel. In the new garage I like to keep it crossways across the back so its deeper than where the garage doors are when they are up. That way I can raise the tower when it's inside. It's much easier for cleaning, etc. and garage boating.

I'll have to pull it forward about 6-7 feet and make a 90 degree turn and then forward to the door. Getting it to turn if very hard, especially if I have to back up and make another cut. I've tried using the lawn tractor but there's too much tongue weight for the wimpy hitch and I have to lower it on there with a floor jack cuz the mower's hitch is below the travel on the regular trailer jack.

If I thought this would help me roll it around and steer easier on the concrete floor I'd be all over it.

mmandley
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
If I thought this would help me roll it around and steer easier on the concrete floor I'd be all over it.

IDK if it will but i think it will. When i had the single wheel on my LSV you would watch it torque over and it was hard to get the wheel to move the direction i needed to pull the trailer.

With the duel wheel it moved a lot easier then a single.

E4NASH
04-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Anyone else interested? I can look into doing this one again.

I might be...depends on cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
it was hard to get the wheel to move the direction i needed to pull the trailer.

With the duel wheel it moved a lot easier then a single.

I usually end up kicking the wheel while wearing sandals-- not fun. Lately I have taken to tapping it with a rubber mallet. No fun at all trying to change directions.

mmandley
04-17-2013, 01:55 PM
I usually end up kicking the wheel while wearing sandals-- not fun. Lately I have taken to tapping it with a rubber mallet. No fun at all trying to change directions.

i do this a lot too LOL Sometimes its just out or pure frustration with no related topic at all.

kaneboats
04-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Yea, maybe I should be tapping my forehead with that mallet. I wonder if I had all the kids sit back behind the wheels if it would be easier to steer up front. Maybe I'll just reinforce the hitch on the riding mower. Then again, I don't want to have to be fixing the drive on that either. If it's too heavy for the hitch it's probably too heavy for the tractor.

EricU
04-17-2013, 11:01 PM

I added the dual wheel F2 last year as the one that came on my trailer was trash (and of course 2 wheels MUST be better than one...ziiippp...). Didn't have any problem wheeling the trailer/boat around out of my front garage, but it is flat asphalt.

One day though I was pushing the boat (trying) up a concrete driveway approach and one of the plastic wheels got trashed, it got bent! not the axle but the Barbie doll plastic wheel itself. I was a little disappointed by that. I tried to find some different wheels at Grainger, but ended up just buying two more of the Fulton wheels as they seemed to be some funky size from what I remember. If I do trash another stock Fulton wheel, I will make some out of hard plastic.

bergermaister
04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
After cutting across a patch of grass I have a slight uphill to deal with and a gradual turn to make through a gate with a tandem trailer. Then the left side trailer tires sit on concrete, the right on gravel. Unfortunately the jack wheel would have to ride across the gravel a few feet so it may want to dig in... Due to the size of the new tow pig I'm not sure I'm going to be able to angle it in there without driving over the brilliantly placed electrical junction box on the edge of the side yard.

beat taco
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
I use 1/4" flat steel plate to roll my motorcycle trailer around on gravel, I found a couple of pieces about 10" wide and 4' long. Before I got the steel it was a total pita to move it around.