PDA

View Full Version : Barefooters, my hat goes off to you

rsinger
07-09-2012, 02:55 PM
A freind of ours went barefooting yesterday. I've never seen it before. You guys are friggin nuts. We were doing around 30 mph and he was still saying faster.:eek: That's gotta hurt the feet.

motosno963
07-09-2012, 03:32 PM
if you watch the wakeboarding movie defy theres a part where one of the pros (with the new hyperlite binding system) jumps out of his bindings and is being pulled behind the 80' rope in just his boots..its crazy
its about 2:15 in to the trailer
www.youtube.com/watch?v=P06mfFPHQo8

New Guy
07-09-2012, 03:40 PM
That's Murray he's a legend.

jmvotto
07-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Nope it doesnt hurt the feet at all, what hurts is when you sit down and forgot to put on your shorty suit:eek:

I hope to do it this year. i have a friend that she goes out footin almost every day in the morning in the summer.

motosno963
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
That's Murray he's a legend.shaun murray haha..i forgot his name for a sec

E4NASH
07-09-2012, 05:19 PM
if you watch the wakeboarding movie defy theres a part where one of the pros (with the new hyperlite binding system) jumps out of his bindings and is being pulled behind the 80' rope in just his boots..its crazy
its about 2:15 in to the trailer
www.youtube.com/watch?v=P06mfFPHQo8

I have that movie it's good. GREAT footage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxpower220
07-09-2012, 05:20 PM
We were doing around 30 mph and he was still saying faster.:eek: That's gotta hurt the feet.

My wife hates to drive for me to barefoot, and I don't trust "friends" that aren't familiar to drive BF. So, I only get to do some footing off of the boom and short line. I don't do it enough to get better, again due to the driver situation. Even at 165 lbs, 30 just isn't going to cut it for me. WOT is what I like best, but I have poor technique and speed makes it easier. My feet only hurt if the water is perfectly smooth. A slightl ripple on the water is much easier on the feet.

motosno963
07-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I have that movie it's good. GREAT footage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkif you love that movie check out rewritten by hyperlite..i had that movie too but it fell out of my truck ( love watching movies on the wat to the water..gets you pumped up and full of ideas haha)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s38RLLszaok

E4NASH
07-09-2012, 05:43 PM
if you love that movie check out rewritten by hyperlite..i had that movie too but it fell out of my truck ( love watching movies on the wat to the water..gets you pumped up and full of ideas haha)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s38RLLszaok

I'll check it out and same here! Makes me think of all the stuff I WISH i could do...haha!

jpetty3023
07-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Anyone know if defy is in netflix. I searched last night for "the book" but couldn't find that either

Sent from my home phone..

motosno963
07-09-2012, 08:47 PM
no but i think i could let you "barrow" mine haha

jmvotto
07-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Anyone know if defy is in netflix. I searched last night for "the book" but couldn't find that either

Sent from my home phone..

It's on iTunes...

rc5695
07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
A freind of ours went barefooting yesterday. I've never seen it before. You guys are friggin nuts. We were doing around 30 mph and he was still saying faster.:eek: That's gotta hurt the feet.
He must be pretty small, as 30 is pretty slow. I footed a couple of times but am too much of a wimp (HATE the falls). Dad used to foot almost as much as he skiied, and that was a LOT! Lol. He usually wore tennis shoes due to all the crap in the water, but liked barefooted better.

skiyaker
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
there are still a few footers at our ski club- add it to the list of things that look absolutely awesome for those who can do it but at my age I'm not willing to incur the pain/injury it would take to learn. Have to save my body for this slalom addiction I've developed.

bergermaister
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Tried footing when I was about 17 - back when my body could take a couple spills at 43mph... Guy who had the boat was a crazy mofo - would deep start from several different positions, even get up to speed on a loose slalom and then step out of it.

I'd be way too chicken to do it now unless I had a boom to hang on to. Not even sure my boat could get enough speed anyway!

Hoopskier
07-17-2012, 06:52 PM
I still barefoot. Doing it since about 15, now 30. Not as much as I used to. I usually go on the boom because its somewhat safer, but can go longline. I love the spray pattern behind you as you fly down the lake.

Mikey
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
As Berg mentioned ,I used to do it when i was about 17-20. We started using a knee board usually. Used Runners at first to get used to it then barefoot. As mentioned also ,once you get going and are clear of the spray,one of the coolest things going... Now i couldn,t handle the crashes,so sadly i will pass....

New Guy
07-18-2012, 11:40 AM
My buddy LL behind my boat in early April. I should say short line all I had was the wakeboard line and it was 75'

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/2005r6rider/DSCN3024.jpg

yz 2smoke
07-18-2012, 04:21 PM
As Berg mentioned ,I used to do it when i was about 17-20. We started using a knee board usually. Used Runners at first to get used to it then barefoot. As mentioned also ,once you get going and are clear of the spray,one of the coolest things going... Now i couldn,t handle the crashes,so sadly i will pass....

How did you use the knee board? I tried to use a knee board this past week and couldnt sit on the thing long enough to get up to speed.